• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PC Tranny's Hardware Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
Hi Community,

With the release of The Division I know a lot of people will be looking to upgrade or buy new systems to run this game at its full potential so I thought I'd post a topic that is helpful and which is something I actually know a bit about..That and 'Best Title of the Year Award' goes to...

If you've got any questions about yer hardware, any odd lumps or it not working correctly upon insertion then fire them this way. No pictures though, please, unless it's rock hard SLI GTX 980 Ti's then, mmmph, throw them my way baby.

Happy hunting,

Trans.

How would a gtx 950 and an i5 4460 with 8gb of ram work? What settings and fps? Because I have a 950 with a g3258 and I have to run on low to medium and I get stutters, frame drops, and for some odd reason npcs don't load in for me. Like I can't see them at all, and its really hard to progress. Is this just a bug, or is it because of my cpu? Any response is appreciated, thanks! 

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
Your CPU isn't helping you but upgrading it to an i5 4460 probably won't help a huge amount, I imagine you'd still run at low-med. I run an old i5 3570k with a gtx 960 and it runs in low (no problem). I tried to ramp it up to high settings but the game just crashed.I didn't bother trying medium because I'd rather a stable, smooth game. I need to upgrade my CPU.

Upgading your CPU from the pentium is a good call but I don't think you're going to get a huge upgrade in performance, your game might smooth out a bit. The 950 just isn't all that powerful unfortunately.

You'll be upgrading your motherboard too I imagine? What did you have in mind?

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
It is odd that you're experiencing these issues. The GTX 950 should be able to run it at low fine, I would point the finger at your CPU since my card is bottle-necked by my CPU too and my card isn't all that much better than yours. I still think that you'll only get it low-med though even with the newer i5 but it should smooth out the problems.

As an interim fix have you tried overclocking? I don't know how well the g3258 takes it or if you have ample cooling but it's probably one of the reasons my old i5 has lasted so long. Mine was an OC'ers dream though.

It is odd that you're experiencing these issues. The GTX 950 should be able to run it at low fine, I would point the finger at your CPU since my card is bottle-necked by my CPU too and my card isn't all that much better than yours. I still think that you'll only get it low-med though even with the newer i5 but it should smooth out the problems.

As an interim fix have you tried overclocking? I don't know how well the g3258 takes it or if you have ample cooling but it's probably one of the reasons my old i5 has lasted so long. Mine was an OC'ers dream though.
Yes, I OC'ed to 3.8. Never experienced a crash.

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
Please post here for any hardware (or software) support whether it's The Division related or not. Unfortunately I am away for another week ( I have already been away for a week) and as such I am limited with answers to your queries.

I am hoping to grow a hub within one thread for mostly hardware support (hoping Ubisoft fixes their problems) so that we can start discussing configs. Whilst they do that I will be spending most of my time in this area of the forum finding fixes for myself and others.

I am open to general hardware and software support anyway and I welcome any others who have more knowledge than me.

Happy hunting,

Trans.

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
How would a gtx 950 and an i5 4460 with 8gb of ram work? What settings and fps? Because I have a 950 with a g3258 and I have to run on low to medium and I get stutters, frame drops, and for some odd reason npcs don't load in for me. Like I can't see them at all, and its really hard to progress. Is this just a bug, or is it because of my cpu? Any response is appreciated, thanks! 
Photon,

I am sorry for my terrible replies, I was bogged down at work. Your problem is your 2 core processor. I imagine after 2 weeks you already know this now.

Sorry I was no help to you.

Trans.

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
Hello guys i have a problem running this game. this is the first time ever i can't run a game neither looking for solution on the internet, this is the error that always occurs http://postimg.org/image/qd90bj7o7/ i've also opened a thread here 

Thanks.
Can you translate that from Italian for us? A windows error code isn't much use to me but if you can look back in your system errors that might help.

The other option is to look at your error code logs but we can do that later.

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Can you translate that from Italian for us? A windows error code isn't much use to me but if you can look back in your system errors that might help.

It's saying Tom Clancy's The Division has stopped working. The option's are the wait for the program to respond, or close the program.

Frank, first thing you need to do is send us your PC specification's. Search for DxDiag.exe, click save all information, and save it to your desktop, or other location. Then put it as a attachment here on the forum's.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

~HawKShoT

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Hello guys i have a problem running this game. this is the first time ever i can't run a game neither looking for solution on the internet, this is the error that always occurs http://postimg.org/image/qd90bj7o7/ i've also opened a thread here 

Thanks.
 The error states the application version is 1.0.0.0 just wondering but aren't we on version 1.1.0.0? Could be as simple as the game not being patched somehow.

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
As far as software goes I'm not too hot so thank you to Hawk and quinch1199 for helping. I'd only say the same as them, look at your software updates. If this is the only game/application that is crashing then it's probably not a hardware issue.

SoN_FrAnK

Thank you i solved the problem was the windows updates missing >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements