• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Can't get a high DPS, what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlamb93

So I've been grinding for the last few weeks trying to build a solid DPS build. Right now I have four piece strikers, LVOA-C (90.5% percentile base damage), and a SASG-12 (95.9% percentile). My two HE's are Accomplished kneepads and a Nimble holster. My stats:

8074 firearms (349k dps)

3839 stamina (330k toughness)

3078 electronics (108k SP)

So my main issue is that I feel like that I've seen a lot of DPS build tutorials on youtube and all of their finished builds have DPS that's at least 400-450k. I know building towards the DPS number is broken, because that number isn't completely accurate. I've followed the BiS for each gear piece and even for weapon mods. 

Also, here are some other stats:

22% crit chance

+52% crit damage

+87% headshot damage

+20% stability

+0% accuracy

+1146 AR damage

+14% dmg to elites

+49% EAD

Does any of this show where my problem is?

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
My first couple of thoughts are you have a less than a 1 in 4 chance of getting a crit (22%), so the bonus crit damage only comes into play on 2 out of every 10 bullets you HIT with.  Also, the bonus headshot damage obviously only procs when you get a headshot and the LVOA-C and SASG aren't necessarily headshot weapons.  

Something else to consider are the talents on the Striker set:

* Set Bonus (2): +20%Stability

* Set Bonus (3): +10% Enemy Armor Damage

* Set Bonus (4): Talent | Striker’s Battlegear Every consecutive hit deals 1% more damage. Stacks up to 100%. Missing shots drop bonus by 2%. Bonus is reduced by 1% every second.

The 4pc talent has a steep drop off if you're missing, meaning some of the bonus you're building up can evaporate quicker if you're missing.  I don't know how Striker's works into the DPS calculation, so it could also inflate the numbers. 

Based on the above, I think your 350K DPS could be "inflated", making it not feel like you're doing a lot of damage.  350K should be a decent amount of DPS, if you have the right talents and mods to give you that number.  However, with over 8K firearms, you should probably be higher than that.  

Like @Oh. daesu said, post up your weapon talents so we can see what suggestions we might have. 

Tlamb93

But the DPS meter is broken right? Here are my talents:

My LVOA-C: Meticulous, Adept, Destructive

SASG-12: Capable, Predatory (not activated), Trained

AUG A3 Para XS - I bought this today because of the great role: Vicious, Brutal, Unforgiving (not activated)

Sometimes I'm scared to adjust my FA/ST/EL because I'll have to give up FA to get the stamina for Unforgiving...So how do I know if Unforgiving is worth it? I have this problem with talents all the time.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
DPS is broken and stamina isn't the best place to spec into either, after they changed armor on gear for health.  Electronics is becoming more popular, because you can get skills back faster and they can be more powerful.  Having a maxed pulse with the bonus damage that's almost always up can be very valuable.  

As for talents, what you have isn't bad, but I tend to use the following when I'm trying for DPS: brutal, deadly, destructive, ferocious, fierce and vicious.  I'll occasionally mix in accurate, meticulous, stable and swift.  Personally, I find the above talents work best for me and my playstyle for doing damage, but not everyone will agree.  

One personal pet peeve of mine, I won't use a weapon if I don't have all the talents unlocked, whatever they may be.  If I don't have a talent unlocked, I will: shuffle skills if I want the talent, reroll the talent until I get something I want (if I can), or I drop the weapon.   While DPS is broken, weapons that don't have all 3 talents unlocked can be less powerful than a weapon from the next GS down with all the talents unlocked.  

You mentioned you're going for a high DPS build, what type of playstyle are you building for?  How do you plan to use this build?   

Tlamb93

I plan on continuing to be a SASG-12/AR/SMG Striker's build that just deals high damage. I just want to be able to kill things fast while still maintaining over 300k toughness and 100k electronics. I also have just over 8k firearms. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I'd sugggest you try recalibrating your unused/unwanted weapon talents so all of your weapons have all talents open and see what that does.  Also, try to get some Striker knee pads and and savage gloves, then swap your pads and gloves.  The savage gloves will be more useful in a DPS build than accomplished pads. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements