• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

No Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
Anybody planning to pick this up on or around release? 8th Aug in North America and 10th Aug in Europe. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
US release is Tuesday 8/9, so 1 week after Underground drops for PS4.  I preordered this and bought Division Season pass and with discounts and gift cards from Father's Day it cost me only $40 out of pocket (Amazon is selling it for $48 US if you have Amazon Prime).  

So, I'll give Underground a week and then myself, @Voyager42 and some of my other clan mates will probably be playing that for a while and just running a party chat since we're unlikely to meet in game.  Due to the busiest part of my year starting this week and continuing for like the next 5-6 weeks, I'll probably be playing this exclusively until work slows down.   That's assuming the game doesn't suck. 

I might mix in some Division to keep things fresh and sometime during that period the next DLC might drop, although we'll have to wait on PS4.  And depending upon whether or not @Big Grumper picks it up, I might jump over and run some Division with him to end my nights. 

Last edited by a moderator:

RaneMokeev

Sh*t St*rrer
Anybody planning to pick this up on or around release? 8th Aug in North America and 10th Aug in Europe. 
I probably will, but having just started Fallout 4 AND teaming up with some RL friends in The Division...damn, not sure when I'll have time.  I still have a full time job and am studying for some networking certs.

And before you say it, oooh no, I'm not giving up my three hours of sleep! :p

supercat

Fashion Recon
Btw, The Division on PS4 on my side is getting more and more quiet. lol.

I bought DAI GOTY several weeks ago, so it may be able to hold me off until Mafia III in October.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
We're 2.5 weeks into my busiest 7 week period (fall textbook ordering) so I have different things that I'm keeping track of on any given day.  To the right of the screen are some clipboards, purchase orders, daily to do lists and... more Post-Its.  I need to get better using the Notes program MS has and put them on my desktop. 

who-dat

Community Agent
463d7hfusofx.gif

And a laundry list of things HG and SM stated/showed things which would be in-game...and they, of course, are not in-game...at all:

https://m.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

Kaliber

Community Member
I just saw the massive refunding going on for PS4 and PC currently on this game. Hello Games did something to kick their own ass and they've got to be losing quite a bit of cash at the moment. Steam completely removed it from the market.

who-dat

Community Agent
Those who are.playing.  besides the promises, is it interesting? 
I played for about 20 hours, but once I realized I was just grinding to purchase more inventory slots, so I could grind more minerals to sell...so I could have more inventory slots...

keeping the game though, for two main reasons:

- reminder that regardless of what a developer says will be in their game, it's best to wait and see

- the off-chance that HG and SM add missing features that were advertised...plus GameStop doesn't issue refunds, lol. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Hmm, I got mine at Amazon but I might hang on to it.  I can use it as a way to pass time that isn't frustrating and when all else fails my toddler can play it.

The game is ok, but it sure is missing a lot of things, as displayed in the Reddit post.  I would love some of the better trading options and specialized ships, it would be tons of fun to be like a Han Solo player and truck out your cargo freighter into more of a fighter freighter.  

I've got some other games to play that I'll now have some time to dedicate to.  Hopefully Hello Games can bring some of the missing elements to the game, but I think with them being such a small studio and the game seeming to be hemorrhaging players they might not have the money or motivation do make any major changes. 

g1nt3r

Death Otter
I bought it, they lied about a bunch of features. The game is definitely not a AAA $60 game. Maybe $30 or so. Got bored and annoyed with it after 2 or so hours.

Blazzen67

I bought it, they lied about a bunch of features. The game is definitely not a AAA $60 game. Maybe $30 or so. Got bored and annoyed with it after 2 or so hours.
i got it as well, it is a good concept and was cool in the very beginning...till you got to the point where every building is the same no matter what planet you went to, you kept doing the same things over and over and over and over.  mining resources, recharging your ship, space suit, mining gun. wash, rinse, repeat. i can see why 90% of the player base stopped playing it after a week.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
i got it as well, it is a good concept and was cool in the very beginning...till you got to the point where every building is the same no matter what planet you went to, you kept doing the same things over and over and over and over.  mining resources, recharging your ship, space suit, mining gun. wash, rinse, repeat. i can see why 90% of the player base stopped playing it after a week.
Exactly, wash, rinse, repeat. Boring af

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
i can see why 90% of the player base stopped playing it after a week.
That's a little misleading and only in reference to PC players, I haven't been able to find data on PS4.  I dug a little on the Steam numbers and it sounds like players drop off around 70-90% depending on the game a couple weeks after launch.  

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/25/no-mans-sky-concurrent-player-numbers-down-by-90-on-pc-less-than-two-weeks-from-release/

The other games in the article don't have as steep of a drop, but they show similar trends with other popular games.  

Blazzen67

That's a little misleading and only in reference to PC players, I haven't been able to find data on PS4.  I dug a little on the Steam numbers and it sounds like players drop off around 70-90% depending on the game a couple weeks after launch.  

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/25/no-mans-sky-concurrent-player-numbers-down-by-90-on-pc-less-than-two-weeks-from-release/

The other games in the article don't have as steep of a drop, but they show similar trends with other popular games.  
i was off by a week...usually it takes a couple of months for the player base to drop off by that much..not 2 weeks. especially games where one can sink a ton of hours on. like this game.  

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
i was off by a week...usually it takes a couple of months for the player base to drop off by that much..not 2 weeks. especially games where one can sink a ton of hours on. like this game.  
i think one of the main reasons is that other games offer far more for far less. Take Subnautica for example...although single player its pretty much a better exploration/crafting game PLUS has background story AND native fauna that's a genuine threat.

...and its still early access and cheap. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements