• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

The Division or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the DZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Daily it seems there is a negative post referring to how an individual player has struggled to do anything in the Dark Zone, how they keep getting killed, or can’t damage rogues, how the game is rubbish, how they won’t play it anymore, how they’re a single player, they don’t team up and they don’t have hours to invest in the game and why that is, seemingly, the games fault but In the end I think the question should be ...

“What do I actually expect from a game?”

I ask you to throw away your preconceptions of a Tom Clancy title and embrace something more familiar with a swathe of other gamers … the world of MMORPG’s.

The Dark Zone is this games equivalent of level 80+ PvP Raids in World of Warcraft, Tier 10 Clan Wars in World of Tanks (as two examples I’m most familiar with). These activities are Group Focused, Time Sinks, Team play sides of the games. Ultimately, if you examine them the whole games, they are aimed at moving players up to this level and extracting the required time/money from them to take part in these game play areas.

However, would you play these games and expect yourself as a casual player to compete at that level?? No, why the hell would you? Would you blame the game that you can’t take part in those areas? No, of course not…why not though?

Ask yourself then, what game do you think this is…really…I mean it? Do you think it’s a single player shooter? Wrong. Do you think this is a game that enables single player casual gamers to run at the highest competitive level? Wrong again (*some rare exceptions below)

This is an MMORPG … If you know anything about high level PvP raiding in WoW then you know what this is! Why do you want to change that?

Bored then? Feel you can’t progress your gaming experience without going into the DZ? Then you are taking the whole game experience for these types of games the wrong way. You know what, being honest, there isn’t masses of quests or places to go yet but in WoW when it was in its first year….guess what? There ALSO wasn’t masses of quests or places to go either and it was at least two years until World of Tanks had significant end-game activities as well.

The Division is still a young game, as such its lacking in content if compared to other MMORPG’s but the rate of content coming out now is extraordinary. This is no World of Warcraft!! I doubt it will ever have the scope of that title as I don’t think that’s ultimately Ubisofts long term plan for the title (wish it was but….).

This is, and will always be, a hybrid animal. With “quite a lot” for the single player, and casual player to enjoy for a great number of hours … 40-60hrs of gameplay for example, I class myself as both mainly single player and casual but I’m happily still at 80hrs now. The game also has high level PvP arena for the dedicated gamers with lots of time and who can run with teams. The game is built around people being gregarious and finding players to play with (lets be honest the matchmaker is a dream!!). It provides lots of content for the single player BUT stop expecting the high level team play PvP to be handed to you as well and accept that the game provides a LOT for you…have you really explored everywhere? Sure about that? I cleared all the echos etc but I am still finding “stories” to interest me as I walk around sight seeing. Not only that but S&D and HVT’s have added masses more single player content but they are NOT a route for you to take part in the high level PvP … again …. I have to suggest that you are expecting something that just is NOT the aim of this game or quite a lot of other MMO’s out there.

Still unsure? Still think that the game should allow you to take part in DZ PvP at an equal footing to a person who puts hours and hours into the game and runs with a regular crew? Ok, then answer me this final question…..

…what other MMORPG game would do that? I honestly can’t think of a single one that works on that premise and I don’t think they should either.

If you want a pick-up-and-play-as-you-want, single player game you can play from start to finish then ARE you looking for an MMO at all?? …further to that… is this the game you expected? Is that the fault of the game or the fault of your own preconceptions?

Lastly, there are always exceptions. It is POSSIBLE to solo the Dark Zone …  it is POSSIBLE to run as a single player in the Dark Zone and do well. However, this takes patience, skill AND knowledge. If you have the time and drive to achieve that then brilliant…and if you can then why are you reading this?!?

Cpl vinny

Community Agent
Daily it seems there is a negative post referring to how an individual player has struggled to do anything in the Dark Zone, how they keep getting killed, or can’t damage rogues, how the game is rubbish, how they won’t play it anymore, how they’re a single player, they don’t team up and they don’t have hours to invest in the game and why that is, seemingly, the games fault but In the end I think the question should be ...

“What do I actually expect from a game?”

I ask you to throw away your preconceptions of a Tom Clancy title and embrace something more familiar with a swathe of other gamers … the world of MMORPG’s.

The Dark Zone is this games equivalent of level 80+ PvP Raids in World of Warcraft, Tier 10 Clan Wars in World of Tanks (as two examples I’m most familiar with). These activities are Group Focused, Time Sinks, Team play sides of the games. Ultimately, if you examine them the whole games, they are aimed at moving players up to this level and extracting the required time/money from them to take part in these game play areas.

However, would you play these games and expect yourself as a casual player to compete at that level?? No, why the hell would you? Would you blame the game that you can’t take part in those areas? No, of course not…why not though?

Ask yourself then, what game do you think this is…really…I mean it? Do you think it’s a single player shooter? Wrong. Do you think this is a game that enables single player casual gamers to run at the highest competitive level? Wrong again (*some rare exceptions below)

This is an MMORPG … If you know anything about high level PvP raiding in WoW then you know what this is! Why do you want to change that?

Bored then? Feel you can’t progress your gaming experience without going into the DZ? Then you are taking the whole game experience for these types of games the wrong way. You know what, being honest, there isn’t masses of quests or places to go yet but in WoW when it was in its first year….guess what? There ALSO wasn’t masses of quests or places to go either and it was at least two years until World of Tanks had significant end-game activities as well.

The Division is still a young game, as such its lacking in content if compared to other MMORPG’s but the rate of content coming out now is extraordinary. This is no World of Warcraft!! I doubt it will ever have the scope of that title as I don’t think that’s ultimately Ubisofts long term plan for the title (wish it was but….).

This is, and will always be, a hybrid animal. With “quite a lot” for the single player, and casual player to enjoy for a great number of hours … 40-60hrs of gameplay for example, I class myself as both mainly single player and casual but I’m happily still at 80hrs now. The game also has high level PvP arena for the dedicated gamers with lots of time and who can run with teams. The game is built around people being gregarious and finding players to play with (lets be honest the matchmaker is a dream!!). It provides lots of content for the single player BUT stop expecting the high level team play PvP to be handed to you as well and accept that the game provides a LOT for you…have you really explored everywhere? Sure about that? I cleared all the echos etc but I am still finding “stories” to interest me as I walk around sight seeing. Not only that but S&D and HVT’s have added masses more single player content but they are NOT a route for you to take part in the high level PvP … again …. I have to suggest that you are expecting something that just is NOT the aim of this game or quite a lot of other MMO’s out there.

Still unsure? Still think that the game should allow you to take part in DZ PvP at an equal footing to a person who puts hours and hours into the game and runs with a regular crew? Ok, then answer me this final question…..

…what other MMORPG game would do that? I honestly can’t think of a single one that works on that premise and I don’t think they should either.

If you want a pick-up-and-play-as-you-want, single player game you can play from start to finish then ARE you looking for an MMO at all?? …further to that… is this the game you expected? Is that the fault of the game or the fault of your own preconceptions?

Lastly, there are always exceptions. It is POSSIBLE to solo the Dark Zone …  it is POSSIBLE to run as a single player in the Dark Zone and do well. However, this takes patience, skill AND knowledge. If you have the time and drive to achieve that then brilliant…and if you can then why are you reading this?!?
I couldn't describe it better myself, I know people do some mistakes when they buy a game and this is not what they expect, but if it is the case just don't bitch about it and let the other ones enjoy it, and teamplay the sh*t out of it.

Brownsjunky

Community Agent
Agreed. I for one did my research as always with a new game. I'm a casual gamer with a large family. I wanna know what I'm getting myself into before spending 65 dollars of hard earned money on a game I don't know anything about. I love this game and will continue to support it in the future regardless of what parts I can and cannot play. The direction of this game seems to go both ways for me. They are expanding DZ and PvE equally as far as I'm concerned. Happy hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements