• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PSN Sound bug on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliskyr

Anyone else experiencing a problem with all sound ceasing to play during the game?

During game play last night, I noticed the sounds of my gunshots started to fade, while the atmospheric sounds, other in-game sounds etc continued to work.  Within another 20min or so of playing, the sound continued to degrade to the point that almost no sounds are played while I'm playing missions etc.  Sounds are normal in the other screens of the game (i.e. maps, load screens, etc) but not the active play screens.  I am able to party chat during the game via my mic, but no sounds come through the speakers.

My PS4 continues to function fine with sound, such as when I hit the PS button and go to the menu- all sounds are normal.  No changes were made to my sound system connected to the PS4.

Things I've tried that haven't worked:

Restarted my PS4

Changed sound settings on PS4, trying various combos (sound from HDMI out, Optical OUT, Dolby or no Dolby, etc)

Changed suppressor on main gun to see if it changed the sound of the gunshots (no)

I suspect my save file may be corrupted, which is scary because I wouldn't want to lose my progress to fix this!  But it sucks to not have any sound!  Hopefully theres a fix.  Any help is appreciated!

johnlok2003

I have the same problem here, everything is fine outside the game, would it be my internet connection is too slow? 

ScorpioSpacone

Community Member
Friend of mine I was playing with had his game sound go completely off at one point but party chat was still good.  We also had problems with in game  proxitimitly chat in the dark zone going completely off.

kc x loko

I'm kind of having this same issue, but I only experience it while in the dark zone, which makes me think I'm having connection issues, but my gameplay still runs smoothly. Kind of odd

Heliskyr

The sound issue seemed to fix itself the day after I first experienced it- perhaps a shut down over night did the trick.  Then the problem reappeared again on Sat, so I logged off the game, then turned off PS (not restarted) and started fresh which worked!  So for me I had to reboot the PS not just get out of the game.  Hope that works for the rest of you!

SolidSioux

I have been having this same issue has anyone found a way to stop it from happening? kinda annoying to have to log out and back in every time it happens. Also I have had it happen multiple times in a row minutes apart of each other. 

ScorpioSpacone

Community Member
in game chat has not been reliable.  been playing since release for about 2-3hr a day and chat will sometimes work in the DZ and will sometimes get an echo while in PvE..  solution has been to start a party chat.

goofycaca

I am having a similar sound issue but my loss of sound is abrupt and I know the trigger.  Play with the turret and the seeker mine selected, deploying both seems to trigger the bug.  I lose nearly all sound.  All of my Playstation sounds are fine.  Most of my in game sounds, however, are lost.  No audio files, no cut scene audio.  In fact, selecting the audio files in the Intel screen doesn't even try to play the audio.  I do still get some sound effects, hit markers but no firing sounds.  Passing through the curtain into the Hub but no voices, etc.

They only way that I have found to reset this is to put my PS4 into sleep mode and then start back up.  But the bug triggers again under the same circumstances.  Any ideas?

XxStechxX

Has anyone found a fix to this issue? Other than restarting the game. It could be worse I guess, at least we get connected right back to our fire team. Still annoying. Has ubisoft said anything? 

Cloud070905

Same issue kinda. Phoneso and Intel not playing. Misson audio not playing. Audio not coming out of controller either. All settings are on as they should be. Everything else working fine. Any fixes that are known?

Last edited by a moderator:

Flurpsel

Just created an account to confirm this sound issue. I play on PS4 and am not sure what triggers it. So far Ive had the sound stuttering issue and the gunshot disappearing issue happen to me in about 16hr of play. I dont use the seeker mine so that didnt trigger it for me.

PropaneCrazy

Community Member
This usually happens when I get caught in an explosive concussion area, it never really recovers and usually crashes the game in the end. But restarting the game sorts it.

Rancor

I think it's a issue with logging out of the game and then shutting down ps4 and after you turn ps4 on get romeo error about 3 or 4 times it will crash sound only way to get it back is to close the game and restart.. I just recreated the situation and sound crashed..Maybe in game cashe not clearing out and over loading?  I'm going to see if closing game every time after session prevents 

Last edited by a moderator:

Xarian

I've not lost sound... but i have come across a strange sound glitch.

As im walking around, normally in the HQ area, there's a cut/dialogue noise that sounds like someone was about to say something but gets cut off before the first word... aap.. eep.. those kind of sounds. weirder still they seem to be a part of the ambient.. i can be on the third floor of a building all by myself and it's still occuring.. it doesn't seem to be triggered by NPC's and as i said it's more prevalent in the first few sections.

I turned off the music, and that seems to have lessened the problem but it still occurs randomly on 8th (main culprit)

Just thought i'd add to the list of bugs.. with this weird occurance

Union Carbine

I think it's a issue with logging out of the game and then shutting down ps4 and after you turn ps4 on get romeo error about 3 or 4 times it will crash sound only way to get it back is to close the game and restart.. I just recreated the situation and sound crashed..Maybe in game cashe not clearing out and over loading?  I'm going to see if closing game every time after session prevents 
I'll have to try this because I'm getting this bug too frequently lately. It really is awful and, if not absolutely game-breaking, it's pretty close.

Jollygiant10

Not sure if it's already been discussed but on the ps4 version, hold down the PS button and select close application. Once you start it back up you're good to go... Annoyed as hell, but good to go. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements