• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

delta error 2000988 is starting to ruin the game for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

enderx7

basically i have a 5-15 min window after i start playing before it boots me with a delta error 20000988 and like most others it started right after the patch ( although before the patch i was getting different errors they just weren't as game breaking).  Its made going into the dark zone suicidal and beyond frusterating  as getting delta errored in a fight or as a rouge just means i die apparently. I also cannot complete challenge mission due to this problem and so basically can no longer progress very much at all. Ive tried all the basic crap like port forwarding, and what not, to no avail. Do the devs know about this? can we get confirmation that fixes are being worked on or are on their way. Ive played alot of great games that were plauged with bugs and most times i can forgive the bugs because the game is so great, and division is a fantastic game that i have adored and pretty much want to play non stop but this isnt just some annoying bug the game is pretty much broken for me, and its a real shame im almost to the point of demanding a refund from ubi for a game i think is amazing. So pretty much just want to know if anyone has any word they care or are trying to fix the problem or has anyone found anything that helps with the insidious delta errors 

Last edited by a moderator:

GotEmMad247

The same thing has been happening to me and it's annoying! I have the whole day off and was going to go hard on it all day and this completely ruined it for me all day ! 

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Hey you guys,

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft is well aware of this error, wait for a patch, follow they're feeds, and if you so choose to, contact them via support ticket.

Good luck out there in the Dark Zone,

~HawKShoT

NemesisPT

Community Member
I had the same problem and i found a fix, just give NAT1 to your console or PC on your router.Had this problem all the time since i got the game 4 days ago, always got the delta error 20000988 every 10 minutos it was frustrating as hell losing the game servers in the middle of every mission and restarting from last checkpoint.Finally after some investigation i found a solution that works for me, i never got any error again after giving NAT type 1 to my PS4, its a problem with our router and not ubisoft servers!Here is the fix, just fallow the steps:- Log in to your router with admin codes, normal user codes wont work, u must access admin tools!- Local network - settings - activate the Bridge on port 4 - connect a ethernet cable on your ps4 and on slot 4 of your router, this will give NAT 1 to your ps4- restart router and ps4, then connect ps4 via LAN with automatic settings, u will get NAT1 and your ready to go, problem fixed.This steps can be different from router to router, just look up on your router guide how to give NAT1 to your ps4 or pc.

enderx7

It's good you found a fix that gives me some hope but I can't have my ps4 hooked by eithernet because of how my house is set up right now and don't want to pay for one to be installed running to the ps4 just for this game

NemesisPT

Community Member
It's good you found a fix that gives me some hope but I can't have my ps4 hooked by eithernet because of how my house is set up right now and don't want to pay for one to be installed running to the ps4 just for this game
ok, theres other solutions for wifi connection

you can also try to open ports in your router for the PS4 and the Division you can look up the numbers on google, or activate DMZ with PS4 ip, or disable firewall.

ProgenysEnd

Delta 20000988 is absolutely ruining the Dark Zone for me.  It's like it's my own fault for continuing to try, but I get the error code 10 times a night.  Each time I log back in (after getting a mike error)  and my xp is down and my loot is gone.  So that means I died after getting disconnected.  That's some BS.  I'm on PS4, I have port forwarding, static ip, distinct DNS, DMZ, UPNP disabled, ran the DNS flush, power cycled everything.... all the stuff Ubi says needs to be done.  I still get disconnected.  I lost 10,000 dzxp tonight to disconnects.

NemesisPT

Community Member
Delta 20000988 is absolutely ruining the Dark Zone for me.  It's like it's my own fault for continuing to try, but I get the error code 10 times a night.  Each time I log back in (after getting a mike error)  and my xp is down and my loot is gone.  So that means I died after getting disconnected.  That's some BS.  I'm on PS4, I have port forwarding, static ip, distinct DNS, DMZ, UPNP disabled, ran the DNS flush, power cycled everything.... all the stuff Ubi says needs to be done.  I still get disconnected.  I lost 10,000 dzxp tonight to disconnects.
Cant you get NAT1 on ur PS4 with the router your using, does it have a modem (bridge) function?

as last try, disable router firewall.

btw never forget to restart your router and ur ps4 after making changes.

hosam

Community Member
i have 4 days with this error 2000988

finally i have resolved it

i am from egypt

i made a reset to my router (TPlink) entered configuration numbers like isp gives to me 

i didn`t make any changes to setting on my router one thing you have to change to activated UPnp on your router and restart router

that`s helped me

hosam

Community Member
  please can you disable and the enable UPnP on your router. Please make sure to reset your router and try the game each time you change this setting.

ProgenysEnd

For anyone that finds this thread and still has a similar problem:

Mine went away when my ISP upgraded my service.  I was running 15/1 and got upgraded to 50/5.  Haven't had the issue since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements