Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads

My mic doesn't seem to work at all in the game. Works for every other program. Tested it in steam, works fine. Tested it in Uplay, works fine. In game, nothing.

• Upvote 1

Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads

I am also unable to use mic on PC.  I can hear other players fine.  It's a Razer USB headset, recognized in every other application, but even push-to-talk is not working in The Division.  I'm kinda surprised there's no way to test the mic from in-game, I don't even see an indicator anywhere when I use the PTT key.

I've had this issue since I bought the game a few weeks ago.  I just read another post where someone mentioned they hadn't heard of mic issues on PC, so I just wanted to bump this for visibility.  Sorry if you thought this was a useful response.

Edited by DIAMONDS ON MY BEAMER

The issue appears to come and go.  I have switched to PTT and seem to have better success with my headset plugged in prior to launching the game (kinda a no-brainer) but I think the issue really revolves around there being no visual indicator that I am speaking.

There have been numerous times where I was talking and asking people if they could hear me, and I didn't receive a response.  On the other end, I have received responses and successfully communicated with other players.

Sadly, unless I'm missing something, it appears that the only way to know your voice is being transmitted is from the responses of others, and I think that's where the issue lies.

4 hours ago, DIAMONDS ON MY BEAMER said:

The issue appears to come and go.  I have switched to PTT and seem to have better success with my headset plugged in prior to launching the game (kinda a no-brainer) but I think the issue really revolves around there being no visual indicator that I am speaking.

There have been numerous times where I was talking and asking people if they could hear me, and I didn't receive a response.  On the other end, I have received responses and successfully communicated with other players.

Sadly, unless I'm missing something, it appears that the only way to know your voice is being transmitted is from the responses of others, and I think that's where the issue lies.

That sounds like a port issue/nat type issue.

On 4/1/2016 at 7:22 AM, Ewokalypse said:

My mic doesn't seem to work at all in the game. Works for every other program. Tested it in steam, works fine. Tested it in Uplay, works fine. In game, nothing.

Post in my support topic and we might be able to help you.

Trying to keep it alive knowing that a lot of people will probably be asking for hardware support over the coming month/s.

• Upvote 1

"Our knowledge has left us cynical; our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity; more than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities life will be violent and all will be lost." - CC