• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Xbox Live DZ Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtc8977

Whenever I get into the Dark Zone with my gear level 187 I get into the DZ bracket of 201+.

When going to my name to press "Return to Your Dark Zone" it doesn't let me click it. I'm very tired of getting raped in the DZ by enemies that can 3 hit me with their assault rifle, I just want to go home in one piece with gear in my Stash (preferably without losing another 4 DZ levels).

xSIGxAR15x

Community Agent
By my understanding of the new update. It doesn't matter if you set you gear below 201. If you have items in your stash or inventory that can put you at or above 201. It will set you in the Rank you supposedly belong in. If you wish to drop DZ rank, empty your inventory and move all stash items to a second character. I have not tried this, just what I have read from others. 

xSIGxAR15x

Community Agent
It counts your weapons and armor. That's all I know. Maybe someone else will see this that knows more than me and help 

Little Warfy

Community Member
I've heard from one place it counts all you armour and weapons on you and in you stash and I've heard from another place it only counts your highest weapon in inventory or stash (ie if you have a 240 you are auto into the big boy DZ regardless of whether you have it equipped or not)

either way if you've picked up some gear sets form the HVTs these will bump you up pretty quick.

I play with my Bro who's only GS160 so I took all my gearsets off except some gloves and moved them my stash, logged off, loaded by lvl 5 char and put them in that inventory (all the way out of my stash). highest weapon I use is a 163.

this gets my total GS to 180 and I can get in the same DZ with him.

pretty annoying though as I really struggle on crimson sky with GS 180 so have to stuff around changing gear and lgging off.

I believe they did it this way so you don't get into a low DZ and then nick off into the checkpoint and access your stash to change all your gear and stay in the same DZ ( I don't think you are actually out of the DZ until you leave the checkpoint as I can never fast travel).

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I suspect that they calculate differently than what appears on your profile. I've got my gs# down to get into the dz201-230, and the best i can do is 222. Anymore and the game plops me into dz231+. And this is after moving all highend out of my stash into my alts.

Maybe the calc ignores handguns or is weighed on weapons or some other means they feel relevant.

But evidently, the profile gs# and dz gs# are going to differ.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
From what I've heard and read, all of the above seems to play into GS.  I think the sidearm isn't figured, because people were equipping something really low (say GS 89) in their sidearm to tank their GS and then they could troll people in the lower brackets.  

I've also heard that there are some issues with DZ correctly assessing a player's GS, as well as if you matchmake you might end up in a higher DZ.  If there's nobody to matchmake with in your level DZ, you could end up getting put in a higher DZ to pair up.  I haven't checked yet, but there's supposedly a toggle in your character settings that allows you to choose whether or not you want to take the risk and play in a higher DZ.  Check to make sure that is set to no/off and you should be ok.  

If the above aren't the problem, post up your info and problem on the  Ubi Division Forums and see if they can help you out.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements