Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
g1nt3r

Posting New Topics

g1nt3r    1,548

As a newly registered user, you must make 10 posts before being able to make new topics. The only forum in which you can post new threads in is the Agent to Agent Support forums.

Thanks and apologies for any inconvenience 

-g1nt3r

• Upvote 2

Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
g1nt3r    1,548
5 hours ago, quinch1199 said:

Seems you missed adding the restriction to Beginners Resources ... bloody spammers!! 

Site should be clean now, god these spammers are so irritating.

• Upvote 1

quinch1199    1,758
On 6/13/2016 at 3:13 PM, g1nt3r said:

Site should be clean now, god these spammers are so irritating.

Nope, restrictions don't seem to be working buddy :58_disappointed_relieved:

Though occurs, might the influx be attributed to allowing Google Ads? It might just be correlation rather than causality but you mention not having spammers before and recently you allowed Google ads ... this will link the website through Google out into open source for global hacking / spamming bots

g1nt3r    1,548
6 hours ago, quinch1199 said:

Nope, restrictions don't seem to be working buddy :58_disappointed_relieved:

Though occurs, might the influx be attributed to allowing Google Ads? It might just be correlation rather than causality but you mention not having spammers before and recently you allowed Google ads ... this will link the website through Google out into open source for global hacking / spamming bots

These spammers are a holes. Report when you see if and we'll just try to clean it up as quickly as possible. I mean, they at least have to jump through hoops. Eventually they'll get tired.

• Upvote 2

Addihul    134

Nice shootin, Tex. I went to report and as soon as I did it said 'this post is no longer available'.. You're on the ball Maestro!

• Upvote 1

g1nt3r    1,548
18 minutes ago, Addihul said:

Nice shootin, Tex. I went to report and as soon as I did it said 'this post is no longer available'.. You're on the ball Maestro!

That's how I do :27_sunglasses: 

• Upvote 1

quinch1199    1,758

New Topics being posted from members (spammers) who have only two previous posts buddy, I don't think the restrictions are active

feog8

for example

Edited by quinch1199

Oh. daesu    1,142
8 minutes ago, quinch1199 said:

New Topics being posted from members (spammers) who have only two previous posts buddy, I don't think the restrictions are active

feog8

for example

There was only two or three i think. Not the round number of 50. So, doesn't screw up the forums. Trying for zero tolerance might just spoil things for new members

g1nt3r    1,548

Yeah sorry, should have updated you guys. Best solution is limiting new members to 1 topic per day. They can post their 1 spam topic and I'll ban them asap. Most of my mods are MIA bleh.

• Upvote 1

quinch1199    1,758
1 hour ago, g1nt3r said:

Yeah sorry, should have updated you guys. Best solution is limiting new members to 1 topic per day. They can post their 1 spam topic and I'll ban them asap. Most of my mods are MIA bleh.

Ahhh..ok, that's a good compromise! Great idea. 

• Upvote 1

DeadSockPuppet    1,265
On June 18, 2016 at 9:41 AM, g1nt3r said:

You looking for moderators?

Tran51ucent    52
On 18/06/2016 at 2:41 PM, g1nt3r said:

Looks like I missed a great opportunity to get a lot of points :(

'my mods' - careful there, don't become a megalomaniac please.

• Upvote 2

TheDarkZone    173
On 6/16/2016 at 10:29 AM, g1nt3r said:

These spammers are a holes. Report when you see if and we'll just try to clean it up as quickly as possible. I mean, they at least have to jump through hoops. Eventually they'll get tired.

Nah. They won't. Most of the spammers are using bots. 

I run a forum that covers online marketing topics like SEO, AdWords, etc. Those topics are a huge, huge target for spammers, and I barely get any. 

I'm running IP Board as well.

Make sure you have the IPS Spam Service enabled. That will catch a ton of them.  You can make those settings stricter too. I get as many as 20 spammers a day that sign up, but this service bans them right away before they can even post.

I would also rotate your question and answer challenge answer every now and then. Change "I Understand" to "I Fully Understand" or something like that. 

On 6/18/2016 at 9:41 AM, g1nt3r said:

If you need help, let me know. I don't play The Division much anymore (please give us new missions and expand the map damnit!!!), but always liked this forum. I was a moderator on the largest internet marketing forum in the world before they changed ownership.