• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

New 1.3 builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProphetReborn

Community Agent
Being a ps4 user I just got the underground on Tuesday. Despite its flaws I like it. What I am trying to find(unsuccessfully) are some new build ideas. I haven't really seen any new meta builds yet, and I am curious to know what people are using that might be a good combination of fun and viable for challenging and heroic missions. 

I am currently running a 3/3 split of firecrest and striker. I like the reload speed, it's fantastic. I am definitely curious about a reclaimer build and anything else. I can say without a doubt that my build plus a reclaimer and a tactician is a lot of dps. At least in my mind. It's a mix of 240 and 268 with a 229 mp7 and a 204 g36. Total gear score of 240 right now. Offhand I think it's about 213/326/18k. I might be off a little bit. I haven't had the chance to fool with the gear too much because I am using the best of what has dropped. I know my toughness will need to get better at some point. 

Just curious what people are using and any ideas. Haven't found much online yet, at least nothing that people are praising. 

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
I'm PS4 too and am intrigued by the DeadEye set. I think it could be quite handy when paired with Hunter or Striker. My gaming style is to hang back and use the rifle to achieve high damage through critical hits; hence this set appeals. 

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
DEadEye is one I have struggled to get enough of to try.

If you like LMG, then a fun one to try in UG is Firecrest/Lonestar 3:3 running with LMG and a Shottie.

Yeah, I'm curious about what people run with now. Obviously there are recommended favorites, tho people might not have a single gear set for all there activities. Was even thinking of a poll (not single choice).

EDIT:

mentioned Reclaimer before. But I have run with pugers in the UG when someone has a reclaimer x4. makes the whole thing seem so much easier. even consumables :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I'm working to get my main to 4x AB with either 2x LS, 2x FM, 2x TA, or 2x SC.  He'll start off running 2x AR with a 204 LVOA-C with swift/deadly/fierce and a 204 Tactical MK 16 with vicious/brutal/destructive (will use the MK 16 and just carry the LVOA for talents).   I'll probably also keep my 229 MP5-ST and 229 PP-19 as backups (don't remember the talents).  

Being able to use swift, deadly, fierce, vicious, brutal, and destructive will just be disgusting and the extra medkits and healing in 10 sec vs 20 sec will be very useful.  When running UG (especially with waste not) I'll probably run the LS for the ammo.  I'll use the FM for Dragon's Nest and other incursions.  That being said, I might just get the tach auth for the extra 4K skill power, since my main has really low skill power right now or sentry for the extra headshot DMG. 

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
I've got next week off work and need to put some time into a new build but the problem is that No Man Sky is released tomorrow and I have a feeling I'm gonna lose days of my life on it. 

ProphetReborn

Community Agent
As a side note of my own I finally got enough good pieces of sentry's call to run the five piece with a reckless chest. I would prefer to use savage gloves in that build, but I don't have a sentry chest to use. I picked up the 204 SVD blueprint from the underground vendor and ran with that for a couple of runs. Now that I have used it and see how well it works I really understand why this is a staple of some dps players. It's just insane. The headshot damage increase bonus allows teams to just melt mobs so quickly. I would think it's probably a must have for any high level mission or incursion. I'm not great with marksman rifles, but I am not as bad as I thought. It's definitely a nice change of pace from my usual run and gun combo of a smg and assault rifle. Not that I am hoping they do it, but I am kind of surprised they haven't nerfed marksman rifles or this set a little more. I hope they don't, it's a fun change for me. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
One of the guys in my group picked up an AB chest, which he was kind enough to give to me.  So, I swapped out my recently added vigorous chest for the AB one and now I'm running 2x FM/4x AB.  

The change allowed me to keep my toughness at 489k and my skill power at my measly 13k, but I bump my primary DPS from 161k to 205k and my secondary from 148k to 181k.  

With the shared perks from AB, my toon carries 2x AR (numbers listed above), 3x SMG (to swap secondary based on activity), 2x LMG, and a DMR.  My 205k DPS primary is a 204 Tac MK16 which does 10.3k DMG and has the following 6 talents: vicious, brutal, destructive, swift, deadly and fierce.  

I've only run 1 weekly HVT with the build, but it seems to melt NPCs pretty well when I'm running the ARs.  The SMGs do ok and I haven't tested the LMGs, but I think I'll be happy with this setup. 

ncalphawolf

Community Member
So I've *always* ran the tank in every game I can, i came to The Division in a time that tank builds were crap but decided that I'd be a tank anyway and I believe I've done a rather good job of it: 3 FM 3 FC 230K DPS 28K SP and 1.175mil TOU (PvE only), it's amazing in supply drops and DZ farming in general also great in UG.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
So I've *always* ran the tank in every game I can, i came to The Division in a time that tank builds were crap but decided that I'd be a tank anyway and I believe I've done a rather good job of it: 3 FM 3 FC 230K DPS 28K SP and 1.175mil TOU (PvE only), it's amazing in supply drops and DZ farming in general also great in UG.
cool. So what's you stats like? Have you gone more tank/dps or tanks/tac?

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
How did you get 230K DPS, 1.175M toughness and 28k skill point on one toon?  My main toon is like 205K/490K/13K and my alt is 145K/440K/25K.  They're both around GS 240, so I can definitely get some more 268 pieces which would buff some stars, but what you're showing is nuts.  Nevermind it's PvE only, I pretty much never go into the DZ so I'm definitely interested.  When I boosted my alt toon's skill power to 25K from 18K I was like f*ck yeah my skills almost reload before they wear off and they're fairly powerful.  

ncalphawolf

Community Member
First off I'v only recently got on here so i visit rarely, @Oh. daesu as I said 28K skill power 230K DPS and 1.175 toughness so basically ok on every thing and super high TOU. @DeadSockPuppet As said i run 3 Final Measure which gives me +15% mitigation on top of my 27% that i get from my chest, holster and knee pads I then run the most STA i can sitting at 5683 i also run 3 mods with armor rolled on them the other two give me SP. Now my DPS comes from the FireCrest 3 set and my +60% damage 29% comes from my LMG 12% from my gloves and 19% from rolling Destructive on my guns free slot.

ncalphawolf

Community Member
My other build isn't quite as well optimized: 4 TA 1 FM and 1 FC 115K DPS 750K TOU and 76K SP, but it does what it needs to and that is keep a maxed Smart Cover and maxed Pulse up at all times.

Can everyone please press F to pay respect for @DeadSockPuppet life and 700 posts :) 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
@ncalphawolf Thanks for the nod and for the info on the build.  I haven't really tried making a build with a DPS component because I've been more interested in toughness and skill points.  I might have to make a 3rd toon and see what I can do.  Or more likely, since my tri-shotty build will really be rendered useless by 1.4 I could completely respec her to something like what you laid out.  

Out of curiosity, are your gear pieces all 268?

ncalphawolf

Community Member
Yes all of my gear is 268, the way i get the TOU i do is by running Protection from Elites, now do remember the only real use in tank builds is in fights that change at the drop of a hat so things like DZ and UG it's amazing at, if you know how to use them that is (it only took me 300 hours to do xD). I don't think your shotty build will be innately useless, what talents are you running and what's your primary stats at? @DeadSockPuppet

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
My concern is that 1.4 is nerfing shotty DMG and I think they're nerfing the stagger too, if I remember right.  Because of that, it won't be as useful - it was mostly novelty anyways.  However, I'll probably keep some of the gear together for UG, because it works pretty well in close cover. 

Here's my alt's stats and gear:

Division Alt:
Firearms - 2457
-Primary DPS - 100k
-Secondary DPS - 145k
-Sidearm DPS - 62k

Stamina - 3595
-Toughness - 439k
-HP - 109k
-Armor - 5362
-Health Regen - 5493
-Mitigation - 75%
-Prot. Elites - 0%
-DR - 0%
-EDR - 13%
-Bleed/blind/burn/disorient/disrupt/shock - 0%/28%/27%/0%/25%0%

Electronics - 1504
-Skill Points - 24.5k

Gear Set Current:
Lone Star x3
 +100% ammo capacity
 +1k LMG & shotty DMG
Tactician's Authority x3
 +4K skill points
 +20% skill haste

Current Weaps:
229 M870 - self-preserved/vicious/sustained
229 SASG-12 - meticulous/responsive/deadly
182 Dbl Barrel Sawed Off - destructive/accurate/vicious

Backup Weapons:
229 BM RPK-74 E - swift/sustained/stable
229 SRS A1 - accurate/destructive/stable

ncalphawolf

Community Member
I thought they were making stagger a kind of utility stat and it was staying in the game. When it comes to shotguns the main stat you want to know is how much damage it deals per shot, not what it says it deals because shotguns are for burst damage not sustained. I'd go down to the shooting rang and check out how much a pelt deals, also LMGs will be equal to or better then ARs and 1K damage per shot is very nice, now you may want to get 3 HF instead that 20%  head shot damage is really nice now. @DeadSockPuppet

ncalphawolf

Community Member
My friend runs 3TA/3PM and it makes a nice even build: 42K SP 368K DPS and 380Kish TOU but in 1.4 you'll want to run 2 or more high end gear pieces like in my 1.4 tank build i'll be running two or three of them @DeadSockPuppet. in 1.3 all you want is 5 SC and savage gloves or a Skillclaimer build if you want to do the most rewarding thing in the game: The Four Horsemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements