• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Amazon and Twitch announce Twitch Prime

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
From wired.com - 9/30/16 story by Chris Kohler:

FANS OF TWITCH now have a big reason to pay $99 a year for Amazon Prime, and it’s called Twitch Prime. Announced today at the annual TwitchCon in San Diego, the new service lets fans of the game-streaming website enhance their experiences in a variety of ways: Free game downloads, free in-game items, and ad-free viewing of Twitch streams, for example. Prime members will also be able to subscribe to a new Twitch channel every 30 days, an option that usually costs $4.99, for free.

Kicking off the program, a new character in Blizzard’s popular game Hearthstone will be exclusive, for the next month, to Twitch Prime members. You can become one by simply linking your Twitch and Amazon accounts, if you have Prime.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Pfft! I'm holding out for YouTube Gold ... I already have Netflix but 90% of anything I watch for leisure is on YouTube. Twitch wise... I tend to partner on friends streams for some games and I generally don't watch Twitch on its own. 

Prime members will also be able to subscribe to a new Twitch channel every 30 days, an option that usually costs $4.99, for free.
I though you could subscribe to anyone at anytime anyway? *confused*

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I though you could subscribe to anyone at anytime anyway? *confused*
I think you can, although there's either some that require a $5/mo. sub fee or you can provide the $5 to a channel you like to help them make money, not exactly sure.  

As for Twitch, I don't really ever watch it, I just use it to stream on PS4.  It was the first option I picked when I wanted to start streaming.  

Advertisements