• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

need suggestions from the community

Blazzen67

Hello all, Im looking at getting the Nvida GTX 1080 as an early x-mas gift to myself :) who is better to get it from?  ASUS? EVGA? MSI? Gigabyte? or should i just get the founders edition right from Nvidia? thanks in advance for your suggestions

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Hey Blaze,

I personally would go with EVGA. However they recently had a thermal problem with them a week or 2 back. I think they resolved that surprisingly fast. Gigabyte I can't say much about. I never hear a lot about them other than their motherboards are hit and miss. MSI typically has good quality, I've heard from a few people they've always had major issues with theirs though. ASUS I have never heard a bad thing about. Only that they are great quality and perform amazing. I would only get the founders edition card if you have a small case. As in a ITX form factor or maybe in some MATX cases. Depends which. The only real advantage of the founders edition that I know of is the blower style cooler. Which is why I only recommend it for smaller form factors.

I would say ASUS or EVGA are your best bets. I personally prefer EVGA since my cards from them all have overclocked very well out of the box and stay pretty damn cool. Never had a single problem with them. I would do your research on both brands. Look at reviews, specifications, and designs to decide which you prefer.

Happy gaming!

~ HawKShoT 

Blazzen67

Hey Blaze,

I personally would go with EVGA. However they recently had a thermal problem with them a week or 2 back. I think they resolved that surprisingly fast. Gigabyte I can't say much about. I never hear a lot about them other than their motherboards are hit and miss. MSI typically has good quality, I've heard from a few people they've always had major issues with theirs though. ASUS I have never heard a bad thing about. Only that they are great quality and perform amazing. I would only get the founders edition card if you have a small case. As in a ITX form factor or maybe in some MATX cases. Depends which. The only real advantage of the founders edition that I know of is the blower style cooler. Which is why I only recommend it for smaller form factors.

I would say ASUS or EVGA are your best bets. I personally prefer EVGA since my cards from them all have overclocked very well out of the box and stay pretty damn cool. Never had a single problem with them. I would do your research on both brands. Look at reviews, specifications, and designs to decide which you prefer.

Happy gaming!

~ HawKShoT 
i tried to get the founders version right from Nvidia, but there was a problem with their site when ever i tried to put in a shipping address...strange. ended up going with ASUS read good things about them, just got it in today. Thank you for your input, it was valuable. Now i just need to find a very good 30" to 35" monitor to utilize the power of this GTX 1080 :) (sick of these tiny screens 24" to 28" lol) want to go big :)

Advertisements