• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

My rant about people hating on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChowYunFats

Community Veteran
O k let me just say this I am not directing this rant at anyone directly or mean to come off as a @#$%^&*( I say sorry now but why is it when I read some people's comment's on The Division going saying the game suck's it's broke etc etc who haven't even gave it a chance sense patch 1.2 when they had serious issues and we all went through it rite. But here I think not saying everyone has the same opinion of the game it's looking a lot better with the latest patch and new content for you who have pick up Survival I just don't understand how people can call it broken without trying it out I think they might be surprised if they gave it a chance 

I been playing sense day 1 on Xbox One I pretty much seen it all I can say from bad mission to DZ going to hell in a hand basket but I live and I learn and it was worth the wait 

Thank you

ChowYunFats

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
@ChowYunFats

I hear you!

Seems the majority of the people still complaining:

1)      Either haven’t played since 1.3, let alone 1.4

2)      Expected the game to be a pure third person, cover based shooter like Gears of War

3)      Expect to play the game like a hacked version of Call of Duty and run right up to enemies firing 100’s of SMG rounds at point blank range and still win

4)      Have absolutely NO IDEA about what the RPG elements mean, or the Meta or builds.

Item 3 … I still play along side in PuG’s (Randoms) people who STILL PLAY LIKE THAT!! It annoys the crap out of me as I have to keep picking them up AND they’re the first to complain about “crap gameplay” when they fail!

So the Dark Zone PvP doesn't work.. there's still a FULL GAME here!! Its still better (in my honest opinion) and more engaging as a PvE/Single player game than games like Battlefield 1 (which I regret buying now, not that its bad...just that I don't play it!). 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
which I regret buying now, not that its bad...just that I don't play it!
Yeah, I'm beginning to feel the same.  That being said, it will be supported forever so I can go back and play it at a later time to take a break from The Division.  I also got the Rise of Iron DLC for Destiny and have played for like 1 weekend and realized that because I wasn't constantly grinding Destiny (like I did before Division), that I was beyond way undergeared and the one thing I really wanted to completed (Oryx challenge on Hard Mode) was still glitched and buggy and I wasn't spending more time on it.

I do agree that many people haven't hit some of the better content with the most recent updates and should really give it a try again.  I've been telling people at work that used to play it around 1.1 or 1.2 that they need to DL all the updates and give it a play again.  The game is so different from what it originally was.  I also suggest that players that have stayed with the game possibly consider some of the game modes that they hadn't played before.  HVT give gear that isn't all Lone Star (although a buddy of mine got all LS the first HVT we tried in 1.5, LOL).  Supposedly incursions are a little bit more palatable.  I didn't really like the mechanics to begin with, so I'll probably keep avoiding them.  I still haven't tried Dragon's Nest (event to farm 4 Horsemen), so I might try this at some point just to say I completed it.  

As for people that bitch about the DZ and PvP, don't consider the DZ a way to get loot, look at it as a way to screw around and fight other players.  Up until 1.5 dropped, I hadn't been in the DZ since around 1.3, because I hated going in, getting ganked, and basically wasting a bunch to time on play that got me no rewards (see Oryx challenge mini rant from above).  Now that loot is so prevalent in the PvE areas (HVT, UG, LZ, missions...), I can go into the DZ for a couple hours and whatever I get I get.  I don't need to farm DZ levels, so I don't care if I get killed and lose DZ XP.  I've also started intentionally going rogue and cutting ropes to experience those mechanics.  If I do and I get something out of it, well done.  If I do and I get pwned, no worries.

quinch1199

I didn't really like the mechanics to begin with, so I'll probably keep avoiding them.  I still haven't tried Dragon's Nest (event to farm 4 Horsemen), so I might try this at some point just to say I completed it.  
I have completed Falcon Lost only as well .... I just don't want to really face Incursions, even now, solo or with random groups. Unfortunately my "circle" of PC friends who play Division is very limited and I'm tending to not manage to get online to meet up. 

The completionist in me keeps pressuring me to do them so I might have to one day soon.

TWSFGaming

Community Agent
I've been playing The Division since 1.3, and I've enjoyed it since then. I did try the DZ a couple of times but was cut down by rogues about 100 ft from the checkpoint door. But I'm tempted to go back into the DZ just to screw around. But my main problem is why people complain about the game but yet keep on playing it? I've noticed this in chat in the Base of Operations, when I'm sorting through my stuff in my stash, a random person will say "This game is broken" and yet he continues to play the game. If you think a game is "broken", then why continue playing it? makes no sense to me.

Just inputting my two cents worth.

ChowYunFats

Community Veteran
When I'm feeling a little Division tired I jump to Rainbow Six Seige ($46 on Black Friday) just for something different but the new content really makes the game more interesting with new venues to explore  

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I've been playing The Division since 1.3, and I've enjoyed it since then. I did try the DZ a couple of times but was cut down by rogues about 100 ft from the checkpoint door. But I'm tempted to go back into the DZ just to screw around. But my main problem is why people complain about the game but yet keep on playing it? I've noticed this in chat in the Base of Operations, when I'm sorting through my stuff in my stash, a random person will say "This game is broken" and yet he continues to play the game. If you think a game is "broken", then why continue playing it? makes no sense to me.

Just inputting my two cents worth.

IMG_3572.JPG

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
When I'm feeling a little Division tired I jump to Rainbow Six Seige ($46 on Black Friday) just for something different but the new content really makes the game more interesting with new venues to explore  
Haven't played it since Division dropped, but the game is solid and I really loved it.  I heard rumor that it was like $15 on Cyber Monday. 

quinch1199

The Top 10 Reasons people complain about this game (actually ANY game):

1)      Attention as momma doesn’t spoil them enough.

2)      They listened to all the bad (some valid) press the game got pre-1.3 and still believe the game hasn’t changed.

3)      Attention, they don’t get enough hugs.

4)      They saw the trailer, didn’t read any reviews, pre-ordered the game and find out it isn’t either an “open world adventure game” or a pure third person shooter.

5)      Attention, they didn’t get enough smacks on the ear as kids.

6)      The terms “Min-Max”, “MMORPG”, “Statistics” are alien to them and they’re too lazy to change that.

7)      Attention, so far in life Daddy and Mommy have bought them everything they want and most of the games they’ve played have spoon fed them everything in a nice easy learning curve, that even a chimpanzee could handle…this doesn’t, and they’re scared but too chicken to acknowledge it as throwing a tantrum has always worked in the past…hasn’t it and “Whaaaaa! Whaaaaa” why isn’t it working this time mommy?

8)      They’re too used to playing with mods or minor hacks in games that don’t police this sort of thing that they don’t realise they’re not Gods and can’t just stand there and be shot at.

9)      Attention, I don’t have a great job, life isn’t giving me everything I crave and can’t articulate myself sufficiently so I must lash out where the negative comments are trending on the Internet because I’m an angry, angry person who could actually benefit from either professional help OR a good kick in the back-side and a 5 year term of service in the Infantry.

10)   Lastly, there’s a very tiny, tiny minority with GENUINE issues in the game. Generally, they complain, it gets explained, they go away or realise this isn’t a style of game they enjoy and they made a mistake.

…did I mention attention seekers?

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Man... I need to start playing more... been to busy though bleh. I hope the game isn't dying. I've invested so much time not only to the game but in building these forums for all you wonderful people.

quinch1199

Man... I need to start playing more... been to busy though bleh. I hope the game isn't dying. I've invested so much time not only to the game but in building these forums for all you wonderful people.
No way! We're here, keeping things alive and the game is awesome...get your arse online dude!!

ChowYunFats

Community Veteran
Nope the game is far from dead I find well on Xbox One anyway's I see tons of people these day's even old friend's have return to play so I think thing's are looking up actually and the only thing dying is the haters sense a lot of players are not paying them any attention  :8_laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements