• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Open Beta Coming Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
DARN you beat me to it!

Yes, Open Beta between 23rd-27th of February. 

I will be playing all I can! Rumour is that more map might be opened up.... 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I've heard there's two new areas for the map.  I don't know if the original one will be open, but even if it's just 2 that's a good time.  I'll definitly be on it, taking a break from pre-1.6 Division farming. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
21 hours ago, supercat said:

Preload by 21 Feb. 

Yes. Two regions. One is the one from Closed Beta. The other one is snowy mountain, I think. I wonder if our progression sticks.

My guess would be no.  If I remember right, we had to restart toons in OBT the Division, whether you had played CBT or not. 

quinch1199

Hello Ghosts,

We are really excited to announce that the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands open beta will take place from February 23rd to February 27th! You’ll be able to preload the game starting on 20th February.

The open beta is entirely playable in co-op! Gather your squad and create your own tactics to defeat the cartel. Prefer to go on stealth operations or dive into the enemy camp guns blazing? It’s up to you to decide!

Explore 2 provinces!

The open beta provides an opportunity to explore an additional province from the closed beta. You will have the opportunity to explore the beautiful provinces of Itacua again as well as experience the new province of Montuyoc.

Itacua

Itacua is the landing province of the full game.It will let you familiarize yourself with the rich environment of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands. Finish the activities in Itacua and gain an XP boost to unlock new skills before going to Montuyoc.

Formerly a peaceful agricultural province where rebellion began, Itacua is now a guerilla zone. Itacua is located in the Greenland, and used to be a fertile agricultural province. When the Santa Blanca Cartel arrived and start to take over Bolivia, Itacua became the central point of the Kataris 26 rebellion.

The Rebellion launched raids against the Santa Blanca’s facilities and taken by surprise, the cartel suffered some losses. Then Sueño asked La Plaga to handle it. Several months later, the rebellion still resists and Itacua has become a guerrilla zone. The capital, Buena Vida, was partly destroyed by the fighting. The Culta village has been burnt by the sicarios, and Yopil’s population has just vanished…

The Rebellion keep launching raids against Santa Blanca facilities but the captured rebels were handed over to La Yuri and El Polito, who are responsible for torturing the captives to extract information about the leaders of the Rebellion.

Montuyoc

The Santa Blanca gathered their elite sicarios here to build a paramilitary force. Montuyoc is located in between the Altiplano and the highlands and has impressive vistas where you can watch red lakes from above. But it’s also the training center of the Santa Blanca Cartel, so expect some fierce fights there!

El Sueño has built a vast arsenal here, protected by large bases, which contains modern light and heavy weapons, guns, tanks, mortars, and anti-aircraft missiles. This arsenal is available to the best sicarios who come to the deserted moors of Montuyoc for training. Santa Blanca’s goal at Montuyoc is to train a small elite army capable of standing up to the best armies in South America.

Stream

Before you start digging into content, the development team would like to invite you to join the second official Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands live stream on February 22nd at 5 pm UTC. Learn about the new content in the open beta with the introduction of the Montuyoc area, and participate in give-away sessions.

Hashtag

We are looking forward to hearing about your best moments during this open beta! Share your creations by using the official hashtag #Ghost Recon!

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Really excited to get back into this and I'm interested to see if we can get above lvl 8.  Not sure if that was the cap for CBT, but that's where I got to and incompleted the story missions and a good chunk of the side missions.

That being said, shouldn't the hashtag be #GhostRecon and not #Ghost Recon?

supercat

Fashion Recon
Download finished and tried. It says "save data corrupted".

Description on PSN says: "Save data will be deleted"

So I guess it's very safe to confirm we will start at square one again in the full game, except the participation bonus from uPlay.

quinch1199

Just a heads up. Received an email today from Ubisoft with a link to play a mobile device "game", playing it unlocks a code to give unique in-game patches (vanity items) and a 50% XP boost for you and 25% boost for team mates on release.

Mine seems to have downloaded fine, all I had was the game showing as coming soon.. that said its now saying I can't connect to Uplay so dunno 

EDIT - back in, yes, My Closed Beta has now changed to Open Beta with a "coming soon" tag on it. I'm going to assume I'll start from fresh anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

I suppose you can call it that, wonder if I'm allowed to say I participated in that.
Pretty sure the NDA will be cleared by now, what with the game release only a week or so away. We're going to be looking at a virtually finished product in a day or so! 

Wish I could afford to pre-order but had to pay some car bills meaning no flash-cash until April *sobs quietly*

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Wish I could afford to pre-order but had to pay some car bills meaning no flash-cash until April *sobs quietly*
Bummer. I am going to play the open beta on my PS4. I played both closed betas on the PC so before I buy I want to try both systems to see which one I want it on.

supercat

Fashion Recon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements