• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Open World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I've heard it described as an open world where you can develop a raport with tge various locals. Not sure if that is in a faction kind of way.

Is that evident in the beta? 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Kind of.  You could free locked up locals and sometimes they would just grab weapons and "defend" that area.  Other times you would complete a specific mission and would unlock some kind of benefit that you could call in (a car teleported to you, rebels in an pickup with a mounted LMG, etc). I also thought that some of the missions in the full game would offer opportunities where you could interrogate enemies, kill them, interrogate them and leave them for the locals to kill, but I don't remember any of these in the CBT.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Ok, thanks. Sometimes these aspects are ninor components than the spin.
Actually I felt there was more deeper down. For example, at one point I passed a lamp post...locals strung up from it, hanging there...there was a highlighted "cache" box next to it and when I tagged it, it started to give me a small side mission about telling a family (or local contact, can't remember now) that you found the bodies. I didn't really pay attention...time limits on these demos is too narrow unfortunately but I wonder if there are more like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements