• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PC Really bad performance problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglejunky

Hi not sure if this is the right forum for this and if it's not let me know. I have been playing for a few months now and it has ran flawlessly i have had no problems at all until now. When i click on the icon to start the game and the company/copyright info pops up i instantly drop to 2 fps and i cannot figure out why. I have waiting it out and actually made it to where im actually playing and once again the lag continues and im still getting 2 fps. I have done a complete wipe of all my display drivers and reinstalled yet still no luck and im at a loss here as to what may be happening. I have tried all the games i have and they play perfectly fine but not Division and with the PC i have i should never have this problem considering im using a gtx1080, and heres my specs

I7 4790K

ASUS Strix 1080

16 GB Ram

1TB Samsung EVO SSD

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Hey Junky,

You got the right forum bud.

Have you checked if all your drivers/firmware/software are up to date? Have you verified the game files/cache?

Something worth trying is in your Nvidia Control Panel. Right click anywhere on the desktop to bring up the context menu, and select "NVIDIA Control Panel". Under "3D Settings" there is "Manage 3D Settings". Go to here. Once in, there should be 2 tabs right below "I would like to use the following 3D settings:". "Global Settings" and "Program Settings". Stay on the global tab. One of the settings is called "Maximum pre-rendered frames". Change this to 1. There will be another setting towards the bottom for "Vertical Sync". Change this to "Adaptive". Click "Apply" at the bottom of the window, and try launching the game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements