• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

LMG for PvE

Status
Not open for further replies.

afcTee

Community Member
I've been playing The Division since November, 2016. 
But, JUST the other day I noticed that if I'm using Primary and Secondary Assault Rifles, it is 'sharing' the ammo. - Yeah, don't say a word!

Anyway, I'm NOT an LVOA-C, Liberator or Pakhan type player. Way too much recoil for me, even with mods. 

With the above in mind, what is a decent Lightweight Machine Gun, I could try?

I'm a PvE type player, more about stamina (in your face type shooter), and currently using: 
Primary: G36 C (sometimes a G36 Enhanced)
Secondary: MP5 ST or PP19 (accurate, but doesn't have as much punch to it)

Thanks
afcTee

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I've been playing The Division since November, 2016. 
But, JUST the other day I noticed that if I'm using Primary and Secondary Assault Rifles, it is 'sharing' the ammo. - Yeah, don't say a word!

Anyway, I'm NOT an LVOA-C, Liberator or Pakhan type player. Way too much recoil for me, even with mods. 

With the above in mind, what is a decent Lightweight Machine Gun, I could try?

I'm a PvE type player, more about stamina (in your face type shooter), and currently using: 
Primary: G36 C (sometimes a G36 Enhanced)
Secondary: MP5 ST or PP19 (accurate, but doesn't have as much punch to it)

Thanks
afcTee
I thought the light-weight m4 and lvoa-c weren't so bad.

lmg have a lot of recoil. yew could try the l86 or a mg5. they have less than the others.

Otherwise, maybe a large smg like an aug.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
L86 is like a baby LMG or big AR, pretty accurate, throws a lot of lead downrange, but it tends to have a smaller mag.  That being said, it's a really solid choice. 

I'm personally a huge fan of the good 'ol fashion M60.  Works great for suppression and can be accurate with some mods.  Because of the base mag, you can get it over 200 rounds in the mag with a +100-107% mag size mag mod. 

If you're planning on playing with an LMG, you might consider a 4 piece lone star build so that you get the extra ammo, bonus LMG damage and the auto-reload by just holstering the weapon.  If you do, I suggest equipping a SASG-12 ("sausage") as your secondary for CQB.  

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
I find the LVOA-C and LW M4 to be pretty good for stability.  They are not laser straight but not bad.  You may wish to change your shooting style though as they tend to work better if you pulse shots rather than spray and pray.  Think quick 10 round bursts rather than unloading the full clip in one go.  

I was playing with an M4 and was quite surprise how good it was for keeping on target unless I help that trigger to the end of the mag.

The G36-E is well known for its ease of handling.  Slower RoF but good punch and stays on target.

Steer well clear of the FAMAS (Bullfrog) as it will go all over the place if you don't like the M4s  :10_wink: .

I also tend to use the Pakan as my LMG.  A little more wide than the M4s but still workable.  I also played with the MG5 recently setup for crit change with the talent that heals on crit hits.  That was pretty good but due to the fast RoF it gets through ammo pretty fast.  I also tried a one of my M249s recently and although it was not specifically modded for stability, it was all over the place.  I would, however, hapilly run with a Hungry Hog if I ever found a decent one.

The MP7 is also pretty good for a SMG with great burst damage but can also be a bit wild if not modded.

What mods were you using for the LVOA-C / Pakans you have tried ?.  

Maybe I will put up a quick vid of mine if Shadow Play is working fine.  I have just stepped up to a 43" 4k monitor and the GTX1070 is struggling a bit on high settings.  Looks fantastic though.

dlester77

I'm running a PvE LMG build right now that works wonderfully. 3 piece banshee, 3 piece Lonestar with good DMG out of cover roll on MG. Typically switch between an M60/Pakhan and a Showstopper/SASG in 2nd weapon slot. The set pieces are great though. Banshee gives additional % of damage out of cover and the Lonestar gives extra MG damage. If you are running into problems with accuracy, slot in stability mods to your weapons and you'll do fine. I can consistently hit heashots up to about 50 meters going full cyclic. There should be a build video on Youtube for "The Lone Banshee"

afcTee

Community Member
I've finally managed to get my 2nd character to level 30. During the course of getting there, I got a Lightweight M4 (blue if I remember rightly), and thus far, loving it!

I made a few mods to it, and using the Lightweight M4 as primary, currently. Once I get back to my main character, I might have to buy a High End of said weapon.

Thanks for all the tips; especially the one about 'spray and pray'. I do that way too often, and simply waste ammo...! Albeit, the sort of burst method takes a moment to get used to. 

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I've finally managed to get my 2nd character to level 30. During the course of getting there, I got a Lightweight M4 (blue if I remember rightly), and thus far, loving it!

I made a few mods to it, and using the Lightweight M4 as primary, currently. Once I get back to my main character, I might have to buy a High End of said weapon.

Thanks for all the tips; especially the one about 'spray and pray'. I do that way too often, and simply waste ammo...! Albeit, the sort of burst method takes a moment to get used to. 
If you have the Phoenix creds, there is a LM4 blueprint at the blueprints vendor in the HUB.

afcTee

Community Member
I've been using a Caduceus, Lightweight M4 and MP 7 lately. Not bad, but, I feel the Caduceus does the most damage for me. The issue I have now is wanting to run both Assault Rifles (ARs) for Primary and Secondary. Alas, doing so limits me ammo. But, the ARs for me, seem to be more on point from an accuracy perspective...My M4 doesn't seem as powerful as my Caduceus, yet...!

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Run two ARs with a 4 piece AlphaBridge set and roll some bonus ammo on your gear.  If you're going to run two of them, get the bonus weapon talent.  Also, take some other weapon pairs, namely SMGs and LMGs.  Give it a try, you'll probably love it.  

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterChief3227

Community Member
Hi. I'm actually at level 13 farming the Times Square mission for credits and level up. I'm using a ParaTrooper SVD that i like a lot and a Scar-L assault rifle. I'm indecisive between assault rifle or smg. My Burst Fire MP5 is nice but leaves me too exposed when firing and needs like 4,5 bursts to melt a hostile. Like some sugestions from you guys. Thanks in advance. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Lvl 1-29 I almost exclusively run a P416 (AR) for primary and a non-burst MP-5 for secondary.  I only tend to change weapon and gear below lvl 30 maybe every 4-5 levels, because it's not worth investing a lot of time and effort into min/maxing a sub-30 build. 

MasterChief3227

Community Member
Thanks a lot. I know that PP-19 is in the game and its my favourite smg in any shooter game. Yesterday i got a Police M4 from completing Ahmerst Apartment mission in first try and its very nice to use. I'm building a hybrid character until i figure what works better for my gameplay style, still, i'm just a fresh recruit ?

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Police M4 is another solid weapon for 1-29, if I can't find a P416 I'll use that.  And the PP-19 is good for low level too, big base mag for a SMG and it has pretty good ROF.  You should be more than fine using those two or some combo of those and the P416/MP-5.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements