• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What should my Spreadsheet do for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep-Fried Dave

Community Member
If you've listened to RAR, follow me on twitter, or just listen to me mumbling around my house, you know I've been working on a spreadsheet for TCTD.  It currently has every skill, skill mod, talent, perk, weapon perk (that I've found so far) and the prerequisites or costs associated with each of them.  

The end goal is for it to be a user friendly tool so that people can plan out a character build rather than sift through the 150 rows of data that it currently has in it.  Since TCTD doesn't have a traditional "linear" skill progression method (which is nice), it's not as easy as it normally would be to put together a tool.  

So throw some ideas at me of what you would want it to do (or put a link of some tools for other games in a spreadsheet format)! Here's a couple of examples of ideas that I have.  If you select the skills, talents, and perks that you want for your build, it would tell you which upgrades to do in which wing and what they would cost.  Weapon talents will be categorized so you could select "headshot" and it would list out all of the talents that would benefit this style of play. 

As an example, I love the Fallout 4 spreadsheet below and how it operates as a skill builder.  THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR TCTD, because fallout 4 skills unlock by character level and attribute points.   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q1YmcPnjk9TDlqMjJDNWFJU1k/view

MoonDog1824

I've never been a big RPG guy because I'm too scatter brained to make the most of the stats on weapons and armor. I greatly appreciate the work you're putting into this. I like the idea of being able to pick a type of play style like "headshot" or "suppression" and it giving me a list of weapons, perks, and talents that would be best for that. 

Chewyonionz

Community Agent
If you've listened to RAR, follow me on twitter, or just listen to me mumbling around my house, you know I've been working on a spreadsheet for TCTD.  It currently has every skill, skill mod, talent, perk, weapon perk (that I've found so far) and the prerequisites or costs associated with each of them.  

The end goal is for it to be a user friendly tool so that people can plan out a character build rather than sift through the 150 rows of data that it currently has in it.  Since TCTD doesn't have a traditional "linear" skill progression method (which is nice), it's not as easy as it normally would be to put together a tool.  

So throw some ideas at me of what you would want it to do (or put a link of some tools for other games in a spreadsheet format)! Here's a couple of examples of ideas that I have.  If you select the skills, talents, and perks that you want for your build, it would tell you which upgrades to do in which wing and what they would cost.  Weapon talents will be categorized so you could select "headshot" and it would list out all of the talents that would benefit this style of play. 

As an example, I love the Fallout 4 spreadsheet below and how it operates as a skill builder.  THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR TCTD, because fallout 4 skills unlock by character level and attribute points.   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q1YmcPnjk9TDlqMjJDNWFJU1k/view
I will refrain from speaking about what happens in my pants! Anyone on here Big Brother? You are privy to the mumbling!.... I think its going to have to be a multi faceted spread sheet. Starting with what your end goals for the build are. Pick you goal DPS/Healer, DPS, TANK ,support... Its almost almost has to be more preferred play-style rather than a set character build. Then it would narrow down the direction you might want to go with things... Obviously with the different rolls you get via talents specific guns will not work but rather gun classes and related talents would be more appropriate. LMGS, DMRS, ASSAULT, SUB, PISTOLS, SHOTGUNS etc... Like you said Dave definitely not your average spreadsheet and class builder that is for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jayjay-Tee

Community Agent
Well what would be nice to know for each weapon is how to gear up in order to access all the talents that come with it. For example the high end assault rifle had talents that for the beta I think would have been impossible to obtain. I had my electronics as needed but the fire arms attribute was pretty high to achieve. I guess something you should definitely add is the talents of each weapon and what is required to access it if possible. I notice that everyone has their own way of gearing up for example I would try to purchase or use gear that would raise practically all my attributes but someone I know focus on DPS and health. I guess the best thing to do with spread sheet is offer as much info as possible. I noticed in the closed beta that you had to compromise one attribute to raise another more or less at times when upgrading your gear. Also which attributes would be best for specific game play types.

Chewyonionz

Community Agent
Well what would be nice to know for each weapon is how to gear up in order to access all the talents that come with it. For example the high end assault rifle had talents that for the beta I think would have been impossible to obtain. I had my electronics as needed but the fire arms attribute was pretty high to achieve. I guess something you should definitely add is the talents of each weapon and what is required to access it if possible. I notice that everyone has their own way of gearing up for example I would try to purchase or use gear that would raise practically all my attributes but someone I know focus on DPS and health. I guess the best thing to do with spread sheet is offer as much info as possible. I noticed in the closed beta that you had to compromise one attribute to raise another more or less at times when upgrading your gear. Also which attributes would be best for specific game play types.
Every weapon you find will have different Talents.. For example you and I could both pick up an M1A and have different Talents attached to them at random each time. Each Talent then requires a different semi-random amount of Firearms, Stamina or Electronics points in order to access said talent as you know. With this being the case it will be impossible to know exactly what you will need, but rather trying to find a weapon that fits your play style  & getting it to fit your your desired character build. That is great feedback though man. I know that in the full release the higher the rank and rarity of an item the more likely all three categories will get a great boost. Its all about the loot hunt my friend! I can see myself spending WAYYYY to much time trying to figure this out lol!

Chokoladenudlen

I would like to know how much Electronics & Skill power improve my skills (first aid healing, sticky bomb damage etc.). For the first aid at least, I can imagine there being some important breakpoints. For instance, if you are down to one (full) bar of health left, being able to heal one bar and just a sliver, would push you up in the final health bar, which could then regenerate itself over time. But the size of those health bars are of course also affected by your stamina.

Although you can acquire talents & perks non-linearly, there are some that are obviously more beneficial to get sooner rather than later - such as the "Experienced Agent" perk that gives +10% XP from all sources. I believe you get that one by doing the security mission ~1 block NW of the Base of Operations.
So while you can't string together an end-to-end levelling guide, I'm guessing a few talents/perk could be recommended to newly-activated agents.

Zarrrock

I wonder if this spreadsheet should not focus on the individual users items since knowing exactly what each player will possess is nearly impossible. Maybe focus on a sheet build that will allow users to input their items and then utilize the tool to determine which items will make the build they desire or even build to desired talents.

Beestin6

Community Member
Its a great idea, sounds like one hell of a mission tho..........obviously your main problem will be all of the random variables.

Deep-Fried Dave

Community Member
Your spreadsheets do funny things in my pants
Yeah, there's not much I can do with the randomness other than give advice on what type of variables you should look for depending on your build. The character build system is so deep there's no way to capture it all.  

Deep-Fried Dave

Community Member
I wonder if this spreadsheet should not focus on the individual users items since knowing exactly what each player will possess is nearly impossible. Maybe focus on a sheet build that will allow users to input their items and then utilize the tool to determine which items will make the build they desire or even build to desired talents.
Can you clarify what you're referencing when you say "items"?  My head goes directly to guns and gear when I hear that, so just want to make sure I understand.  Thanks for the feedback. 

Zarrrock

Can you clarify what you're referencing when you say "items"?  My head goes directly to guns and gear when I hear that, so just want to make sure I understand.  Thanks for the feedback. 
I guess I envision some kind of a userform to simplify the input of any players items, aka their gear and weapons with each of the traits attached. This would allow each player to create a database of their gear which could be used as a reference to create their desired build rather than trying to predict individual gear. Just a suggestion. The "easier" part will be to provide players a guide to get the perks they want based on leveling up the B.O. 

Deep-Fried Dave

Community Member
I guess I envision some kind of a userform to simplify the input of any players items, aka their gear and weapons with each of the traits attached. This would allow each player to create a database of their gear which could be used as a reference to create their desired build rather than trying to predict individual gear. Just a suggestion. The "easier" part will be to provide players a guide to get the perks they want based on leveling up the B.O. 
That wouldn't be too hard to do really. We pretty much know all of the multipliers for the attributes. I'll mess around with it. 

Zarrrock

I'll try to create a mock setup and share what I come up with. 
I had a good friend come up with a suggestion this morning. What if we can create some kind of multiplier system for gear and weapons. For example set a rank, say 1-10, for each parameter and assign a weight, say 1-3, for how effective each parameter is for the three main setups. Then the actual usefulness of each item would be the sum of the rank x weight for whichever setup you choose. What are your thoughts? I'm a little concerned this method would be a little subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements