• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Recording software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
A question for those that record vids. What software do you use for recording game play? I have played around with smartpixel. Tho the free 10 minutes version. Was thinking more minutes so i could just kick it off and just go back later for anything interesting. So, before ponying up, I'd thought I'd ask. Not going to have a channel or anything like that. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Currently I do all of mine as Twitch streams directly from the PS4.  The vids only last for about a week on Twitch and I haven't played around to see if I can pull them from my channel to save.  I've recently created a YouTube channel, in case I want to get a little more serious, but I haven't done anything with it yet.  Even then, I'd probably still record directly from the PS4 because I don't have a lot of time to edit and I don't have a solid PC to use any recording software on. 

genedjr

Community Elite
For capture - I have begun using OBS studio.  No length limit and free.  I have also begun the long journey to use LightWorks as my editor.  I figure the editor will take quite a while to get used to and produce usable videos.

I have not tried others capture tools.  I have used VideoPad and while not intuitive it is very easy to shorten and mix scenes.  But that is far as I got with it.  My son is moving to LightWorks so I will follow - and - it really is a more powerful and long term be a better choice.

DSP - what are you using for Shade Tech Radio?  Nice segmentation.

...gene

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
DSP - what are you using for Shade Tech Radio?  Nice segmentation.
Thanks for the compliment!  @g1nt3r does all of the work in OBS for the vodcast and we each record audio for the podcast with Audacity.  I don't really have any experience with video/audio software and editing.  Since I don't have a good PC & capture card for streaming, I broadcast to Twtitch directly from my PS4. 

genedjr

Community Elite
DSP

cool, I don't have any experience either, but I am about to get some.

...gene

OK how do you quote a toon and link his profile?  I tried copying DSPs profile link but failed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Use the @ symbol and then their name as it appears on the forums so for me it would be @ DeadSockPuppet, if you get it right it will be highlighted blue.  Also, as you start typing the name after the @ symbol a list of names pops up below that you can touch/click on too. 

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
A question for those that record vids. What software do you use for recording game play? I have played around with smartpixel. Tho the free 10 minutes version. Was thinking more minutes so i could just kick it off and just go back later for anything interesting. So, before ponying up, I'd thought I'd ask. Not going to have a channel or anything like that. 
I use the default and free software with the Nvidia drivers app (GeForce Experience). 

ALT+F9 and its recording video and mic (can disable as you wish), it also has a brilliant screen capture mode (ALT+F2) which allows you to remain in-game (though it will disconnect you from online mode) and manipulate the photo...zoom in, zoom out, pan around, change filters etc BEFORE you save the screenshot! It then dumps you right back into the game and reconnects you online automatically.

I'm sure ATi will have a similar one. All my YouTube videos are recorded this way.

Only disadvantage is that for some games it doesn't disable the "Recording has started" pop up for some reason. All Ubisoft games seem ok but titles like War Thunder and Astroneer all have this issue meaning I have to post-edit the start of the videos out so you can't see the pop up in the final video. Not sure why its some titles and not others...it might be something to do with graphics settings in-game around windowed mode.

All in all though, for a FREE item of software, with no trades, that's stupidly simple to set up (I can stream right to Twitch from this as well with an ALT+F key press...and also stream on Facebook as well same way and as simply), easy to use and can record as much as you have hard drive space for .. I can't fault it. 

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I'm guessing ATi/AMD have a similar software set. I can't see them not offering such functionality if a competitor does.  I also believe Steam has a recording ability though accessing it is likely to be a pain. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements