• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Sniper Rifles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChowYunFats

Community Veteran
Hi everyone I like to ask a simple rite out of the box question about the sniper rifles 

What was your longest shot and do you find the targets seem to vanish from site at around 700 Meters (Console version) My longest shot been 730 Meters prior to that 610 

That's my question

Thanks

ChowYunFats 

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Hi everyone I like to ask a simple rite out of the box question about the sniper rifles 

What was your longest shot and do you find the targets seem to vanish from site at around 700 Meters (Console version)

That's my question

Thanks

ChowYunFats 
Depending on game render distance I believe its now fixed (since patch 2) that the game won't render Ai characters past 700m. In the closed and open beta's we were getting sniper kills of 1,000m +

so far though I've only managed 502m using the L115A3

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
My longest is like 460m.  Last I knew about 550m was the max for rendering, but this could have been updated for by a patch.  I've seen videos with extreme range by having one of your friends stand near an enemy and call out misses.  I saw a YT video a while back, but it might have been alpha or beta.  

supercat

Fashion Recon
I hit 448m lately thanks to the Live Challenges.

The problem with this game, at least on console, is that enemy NPC will still be rendered in your scope from >400m away, but the (small) objects around it may not. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Yup, it's probably what makes the open world work without load screens.  Damn you Wildlands for not giving me what I want when you give me what I want! ?

quinch1199

Seems no matter how much I try I can't break that first shot with my L115 at 505m ... I'm not great with the sniper rifle but I can see how I could get used to it more due to the influx of Season Challenges insisting on kills at range. 

quinch1199

I suck at sniping and prefer to use a g28 or a sr25... 
I was EXACTLY the same until I got the L115

Look to the current season challenges as sniper practice. Clearly the more you use the same weapon the better you get to judge distances etc. As I was moving between the G28 and either an HTI or SR25 I never really got the hang of it...however I've now concentrated on only using the L115 at ranges over 150m. Most of the time I'm running with MP7, P277 & L115 now.... I clear my entry point, sentries and snipers using the L115 and just move in to up close from there on. The MP7 is as silent as a pistol and has a better RoF and range if needed. Though I can use the Sig277 upto 80m having the MP7 means I can at least engage further in an emergency. 

supercat

Fashion Recon
That's true. I changed sniper rifle a few times until I found myself a G28 and then now I'm using Dragunov SVD, even in NR. I screw up my calculation everytime I change and trying to adapt to one. Keep in mind I also usually play without marker, so my calculation partly rely on my own view.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran

Look to the current season challenges as sniper practice. Clearly the more you use the same weapon the better you get to judge distances etc. As I was moving between the G28 and either an HTI or SR25 I never really got the hang of it...however I've now concentrated on only using the L115 at ranges over 150m. Most of the time I'm running with MP7, P277 & L115 now.... I clear my entry point, sentries and snipers using the L115 and just move in to up close from there on. The MP7 is as silent as a pistol and has a better RoF and range if needed. Though I can use the Sig277 upto 80m having the MP7 means I can at least engage further in an emergency. 

Cool, I will try that sniper rifle... I typically use a sub for up close, mp7 is a great weapon, I rate the vector as well but currently use the psg. I'm happy sniping up to around 300. 

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
much like the mp7. 

P90 does a better job, but mp7 is easier (handling?) when close. So, when I don't what surprises there are, I like a mp7 in my hands. But still, the P90 does a better job.

Vector, I think is better for lower level enemies with damage and rof as opposed to penetration. Maybe I should test that.

supercat

Fashion Recon
P90 is ultra stable and good fire rate, though the damage is considerably one of the lowest.

Vector is great for the reload speed. I'm bored looking at it thanks to Division last time.

MP7 is great for spreading lead at someone's chest from 1 meter away. YOLO

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaypeg

Community Veteran

Picked up the l115, you are right it's a solid rifle...

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
P90 is ultra stable and good fire rate, though the damage is considerably one of the lowest.
Probably because the P90 is a peashooting laser, hits its target, just doesn't cause a lot of damage.  If I remember right, doesn't the RL weapon fire smaller pistol rounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements