• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Concerning Current and Future State of GRW

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercat

Fashion Recon
Days and months after playing and digging around the community makes me concern about the future of GRW. I bought GRW solely based on the fact that it was sold as a single player tactical shooter game with capability in online co-op. Speaking of the base game, I love it and am still having fun until today, despite of some flaws.

My concern starts with, as you all have known, goofy stuff in the game, such as Narco Road and some of the Ghost packs. I don't think I'll have to explain why for NR, while for the Ghost Pack, they're pretty much optional and you won't miss a thing without those, hence I can just accept and let them go and wish for a better one in the future.

However, my concern has been greatly fueled when I read community posts in forums such as reddit and official Ubi forums. I do agree that Ubisoft really lost their way in taking care of GRW, but the community itself isn't much of being a help either. Ignoring the non-constructive comments around, I have surely read some suggestions to make this game to get straight and be more military. This suggestion is what I can agree on, even though I'm not that military-shooter type of gamer who would act and speak like some kind of actual military veteran. The problem is that, as much as I've read people wanting more military stuff and gameplay to be added, I've seen more of other 'unhelpful' suggestion that would yet again stray this game away in the end.

One of these unhelpful suggestions would be people asking for 'Multiplayer', while 'Multiplayer' itself is already in the game, but since they're so ignorant, they only consider PvP as 'Multiplayer'. Forget on how dumb that is because there's more. I've seen many people said in the forums, Twitter, that the reason they bought this (PvE centric) game is to play the PvP. Thought I'd never seen the day someone orders a hamburger for lots of green veggies instead of the beef. Furthermore, I've lately seen a suggestion that they want this game to turn into 'PlayerUnknown Battleground' mode, which is basically an open world Dark Zone or GTA Online Public Free Roam all over again. It also appears that people are no longer keen to the idea of being set in an arena for a balanced fight like men. They want a 'riot', not a 'match'.

So with the unrelenting force of suggestion to make this game into a Call of Duty Ghost Dark Zone Battleground, what would be the future of a Ghost Recon game? A game where it's focusing on special tactical force teaming up to take down a national menace into a game about special peashooting force on duty to take down cartel but killing each other instead? This surely have set another milestone in terms of being off theme worse than NR and other goofy ghost packs, but people give a free pass to the idea because it's PvP mode, the ultimate mode that everyone wants. Not.

This concludes my concern for this game. I'm the move-on type of guy. I always believe when I've lost interest in one game, another better game will come out. But I honestly (and I'm sure many of us)  wouldn't want a game that was purchased and received exactly as advertised to stray away to fulfill some people's wishes who denied what this game is about.

- supercat

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
You read the ubisoft fourms? You're a brave soul.  :4_joy:

Yeah, it's funny that people start off complaining about how a game is just the same as other games (e.g. saying GRW is Division 2.0) and then later on they want to make it just like some other game they no longer play.

supercat

Fashion Recon
I know right? Lmao.

Anyway, still, they're writing their complaints and requests over official forums. The division ended up changing too in the end, for the better direction.

This game though? Lol. It'll turn into same mess, different hole.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I hope Wildlands doesn't change, as the vanilla game is just what I wanted it to be.  I LOVED playing GR:FS and I feel the same about Wildlands.  I've been back into Divison for the last couple weeks, but I'll change interest and go back to Wildlands for a while in the future.  I got the season pass so at some point I'll try all the DLC, but I'm not real excited about what I hear. 

supercat

Fashion Recon
I'm guessing Ubi won't change Wildlands anytime soon, at least not before their Season Pass or Year 1 agenda are all checked. The game is in a very playable state; there's no actual issue within the game other than PvP-er crying for PvP in PvE centric game and thematic issue offered both in Narco Road and in the Ghost Pack.

The point is: the base game itself is still working and healthy. Community Challenges shows there are solid fanbase whether casuals like me or military roleplayers are enjoying the game without any major gameplay problem like The Division had with their game balance, drop rate, and Dark Zone.

Year 2, however, is questionable. It doesn't close the possibility that the bigbucks on leather chairs once again read the report and decided to fund the game to turn it into Ghost of Duty: Infinite Wildlands with clown suit, jetpacks, purple paint gun, free for all PvP, and sell Loot Boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:

BROGOD

Community Veteran
Way too early to start thinking about game ruining shit, at least in my opinion. The game was released in March, we're only in May. The game as is is more than playable and functions how I'd like it to, minus the god awful clunky driving which is in all fairness still working. I agree a lot of people ask too much of game developers, wanting shit right here and now instead of waiting. I don't care for PvP not being in the game right now, it's a good idea that they waited and are (lets hope) perfecting it. 

I doubt the game will turn into a barrage of random shit just for the sake of consumer value. I know Ubisoft are dumb like that but they're not super dumb, they do like their games to stand out, as shown with visual perfection (especially in Wildlands, the landscape and everything is A1). As the main forum of this site is a Division forum, most of you guys should know the rocky start Division had. People hated the game way more than liked it, there were your obvious loyal fans to Ubisoft that played it even through hardship times but it took a while for things to get better.

All I can say is that Wildlands has had somewhat of a clean start, the Ghost Packs that are purely cosmetics aren't the greatest in the world and that's why they're optional. They don't really have any nail biting must haves about them, other than eye candy. 

As for the game turning into PLAYERUNKNOWN's BATTLEGROUNDS like stated in the OP, that's never going to happen. I might eat my words but they're not even in the same genre of game lol. One is a battle royale game, one is a tactical shooter. Ubisoft would more than please some  if they turned the game into that direction, they'd lose all credibility for switching a games focus into another genre entirely. 

Year 2 will definitely be where we see what's going to happen going forwards with the game. We don't have much to work with for Year 1 (from what we know I mean), we know there's going to be a second DLC coming out and that PvP is still to come. A lot of speculation has been said, once we actually know what's what... that's when we can start seeing what might play out in the future.

I'm loving the game.

supercat

Fashion Recon
Thoughts of the day:

Instead of suggesting PBUG ideas in PBUG official forums, why do people suggesting PBUG ideas in GRW official forums instead?

logic.

supercat

Fashion Recon
Are people actually requesting PUBG stuff in the GRW Ubi forums? Lmao what the fuck.
They do.

And that's the reason why I created this thread. There are many agree with the idea. There are many others who aren't.

Apparently there are many people who aren't interested in this game, but want to turn this game into other game.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game, I have good mates that I play well with and there's a good balance of playing stealth but kicking off as and when. Coming out of a fire fight when being outnumbered is a great experience.

i for one have no interest in pvp at all... to me it's all about mission content, which the division totally screwed up on by not continuing it and appealing to the PVE audience. The Bolivian environment should be put to good use and I for one would like to see more missions in a deeper vegetation environment. There's all sorts you could do, patrols, sniper battles(like the battle with the end in mgs) recce,  search and destroy etc etc.

i don't want fluffy gimmicky Dlc but a game that matches what a team of special forces would actually do.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game, I have good mates that I play well with and there's a good balance of playing stealth but kicking off as and when. Coming out of a fire fight when being outnumbered is a great experience.

i for one have no interest in pvp at all... to me it's all about mission content, which the division totally screwed up on by not continuing it and appealing to the PVE audience. The Bolivian environment should be put to good use and I for one would like to see more missions in a deeper vegetation environment. There's all sorts you could do, patrols, sniper battles(like the battle with the end in mgs) recce,  search and destroy etc etc.

i don't want fluffy gimmicky Dlc but a game that matches what a team of special forces would actually do.
Absolutely! Just how I'm playing it. 

Yeti gets introduced and I put everything on hold and I'm spending an hour or so wandering the high peaks!! That's all I need, a sniff, a trail and I'm good for weeks.

There should be more multipart missions perhaps that need completing as a whole maybe. They've touched on them but not expanded them enough and I really wish there were missions that got UNIDAD more on your side in a region as well. 

More hostage rescues for sure where you have to save people...to me the game focuses on killing people far too much and should be far more capture the cartel guy, free someones family etc.

supercat

Fashion Recon
Yeti gets introduced and I put everything on hold and I'm spending an hour or so wandering the high peaks!! That's all I need, a sniff, a trail and I'm good for weeks.
Are you being sarcastic or actually excited and going on a journey? LOL  :3_grin:

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
Must admit I'm coming round to wanting to find the yeti, I've been watching a few videos of which show you caves etc. 

Hostage rescue sounds great, you are right about the killing everyone part. Bit of hearts and minds...

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
Absolutely! Just how I'm playing it. 

There should be more multipart missions perhaps that need completing as a whole maybe. They've touched on them but not expanded them enough and I really wish there were missions that got UNIDAD more on your side in a region as well. 

More hostage rescues for sure where you have to save people...to me the game focuses on killing people far too much and should be far more capture the cartel guy, free someones family etc.
Must admit I'm coming round to wanting to find the yeti, I've been watching a few videos of which show you caves etc. 

Hostage rescue sounds great, you are right about the killing everyone part. Bit of hearts and minds...

quinch1199

I just felt, story wise, far too often the instructions were "kill him/her" from the onset. For a covert ops team working to destroy a drugs cartel (and to make it more believable) the missions should ALWAYS start with capture but you'd not fail a mission if you HAD to kill (i.e. they fired first). Bowman was just far too keen for you to be her personal assassin! 

I guess the counter to that was if the game had a hidden mechanic where you COULD just capture someone, take them back to a rebel base and hand them in...even if Bowman said "kill them"... it could give you a completely alternative story line where you're constantly disobeying Bowman, even getting into arguments in cut-scenes about it. 

But then again I'm a past hand at writing AD&D adventures ... 

supercat

Fashion Recon
I just felt, story wise, far too often the instructions were "kill him/her" from the onset. For a covert ops team working to destroy a drugs cartel (and to make it more believable) the missions should ALWAYS start with capture but you'd not fail a mission if you HAD to kill (i.e. they fired first). Bowman was just far too keen for you to be her personal assassin! 

I guess the counter to that was if the game had a hidden mechanic where you COULD just capture someone, take them back to a rebel base and hand them in...even if Bowman said "kill them"... it could give you a completely alternative story line where you're constantly disobeying Bowman, even getting into arguments in cut-scenes about it. 

But then again I'm a past hand at writing AD&D adventures ... 
Wasn't their first trailer is showing gameplay basically like that? You can either capture, kill, or steal the valuable item and leave the personnel alive for Sueno himself to kill them?

quinch1199

Wasn't their first trailer is showing gameplay basically like that? You can either capture, kill, or steal the valuable item and leave the personnel alive for Sueno himself to kill them?
Can't remember to be honest! haha! I'll have to trawl back on YouTube and look. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I thought most all of the missions had multiple solutions in the intitial info.  You could capture a boss, kill him, interrogate & leave him, take out his goons and leave him to the locals.  This seems to be the case across the whole game, but only one option per boss. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements