Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
supercat

Fallen Ghosts DLC

33 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, trashpixels said:

I agree, I totally don't get it why they completely separated the DLC's from the main game and don't make a better use of the sandbox and gunsmith system.

Agreed on the gunsmith.  I like that it's about 90% of what they did in GR:FS, but I wish there was a range worn targets at multiple distances so you could mod your weapons and then test them out. 

Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
43 minutes ago, trashpixels said:

I agree, I totally don't get it why they completely separated the DLC's from the main game and don't make a better use of the sandbox and gunsmith system.

Ubisoft... 😂

9 hours ago, trashpixels said:

- Different timeline

- Different theme

- Different world situation

- Different point of view (for Narco Road)

- Putting you one step backwards as a challenge by not having your full arsenal

Very easy to understand why.

And I definitely prefer a three separate mode than having both DLC cluttering Story Mode, warping space and time, or using point of no return to access each DLC. I'm pretty sure you don't want that too and wishing the DLC to be separate modes when that happens. I guarantee.

I'm a very tolerant guy. I'm aware people's preferences are always different. Therefore I never see things like "this one is must-play" or "this one is great (cuz I say so)"...

..but if you like the original content of GRW, you can look forward to have more fun and challenge with Fallen Ghosts.

The new type of enemies really slows you down. While the side mission types are both inspired by vanilla GRW, such as 'survive n defend', 'building raid n rescue', and also the good one from Narco Road, such as finding X with picture clues. Despite of being having similarities in side mission nature (which I believe also prone to be complained, because 'similar'), I found the ones here are actually put you to think outside the box. If you do the good ol' "this enemy is right here, I'm gonna kill em", then probably you'll fail miserably. I also find enemies are tighter, they like to be in group, which encourage you to use Sync Shot or distraction.

On 6/5/2017 at 5:22 AM, supercat said:

- Different timeline

- Different theme

- Different world situation

- Different point of view (for Narco Road)

- Putting you one step backwards as a challenge by not having your full arsenal

Very easy to understand why.

And I definitely prefer a three separate mode than having both DLC cluttering Story Mode, warping space and time, or using point of no return to access each DLC. I'm pretty sure you don't want that too and wishing the DLC to be separate modes when that happens. I guarantee.

Sure this makes totally sense in the current form and state of the game - after all that's how they've designed and developed it now. I'm happy you like that approach and direction and I'm sure many other players do too. Just I personally think the game would have benefited more from a combined loot system and a global character creation concept... and if they would have launched the game with a PVP mode. But I do have to say I've had an awesome time grinding the original story and missions! 

The solution to the problem is simple. They could have just given an option for players to import their Story Mode character progress or start anew with developer's own preset character. 

The Narco Road glitch in the previous update proves that there's no boundary within the modes, except Ubisoft's made-up 'padlocks'.

Even unlockable content from seasonal challenge, paid content, and UbiClub bonus are usable in all modes.

I don't know why they limit it. I myself prefer to have my Story Mode character build rather than the one with preset full-stat build where everything is unlimited.