• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Commendations - Patch 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
u17_commendations_header_293994.jpg

UPDATE 1.7: COMMENDATIONS

06.16.2017 12:00PM

Agents, the team has another exciting 1.7 feature to present to you today in the form of Commendations!

Overview

Previously referred to as Feats, Commendations are a built in achievement system we are introducing into The Division that will provide players with a series of tasks and subsequent rewards.

These tasks have three major goals in mind:

• Provide a challenge to the player that will reward them based on their skill or perseverance in game.
  • Encourage players to experiment within the structure of the game as a way to help explore all the possibilities inside The Division.
  • Reward players with something special and new as a way to showcase their success in game.
commend_detail_293998.png

Currently, the team is looking at including over 500 different Commendations that support all modes and aspects of The Division including both PvP and PvE. With a focus on making these obtainable for all types of agents, the team plans to implement specific Commendations for the many different roles and play styles, with a variety of short, mid, and long term tasks that are all contributed to by your entire profile’s worth of characters.

Commendation Types

Commendations will be compiled from three main branches of tasks:

• Challenge: Complete an action with stipulations increasing the challenge
  • Statistical: Achieve a milestone in a specific statistic
  • Checklist: Complete a checklist of actions that are all related to one another
As mentioned earlier, the Commendations will vary in terms of length, difficulty, requirements, and even the modes they can be completed in. This means, naturally, that rewards should be scaled in a sense to make the player feel accomplished accordingly. This is where the Commendation Score comes into play.

Commendation Score

Every Commendation completed in game will reward you a Commendation Score amount relative to the difficulty level as determined by the parameters we’ve outlined here. This is an account wide statistic that will appear in the player UI not only for the player view, but outwardly visible by other agents across all of The Division’s NYC.

patch_mock_293995.png

Patches

The final mark of an exemplary agent, earned only through Commendations and entirely new to The Division is Patches. These all new items will be worn on the agent’s right arm, replacing the SHD icon arm band and are available in a wide variety of designs. These will not only provide a means to display your proficiency in achieving your Commendations, they are also increasingly rare as the difficulty of the Commendation needed to earn them grows.

patchexample_293996.jpg

With Commendations you and your squad can help each other climb through the ranks and be the most highly decorated in the DZ, or hunt that one single rare patch to be the first of your friends to earn it.

Keep an eye on the site and our official forums for more news on 1.7, coming soon!

/The Division Dev Team

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I guess the big question for me is... are they retrospectively applied or will I have to re-do the requirements for each feat again to obtain its completion?

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I guess the big question for me is... are they retrospectively applied or will I have to re-do the requirements for each feat again to obtain its completion?
TL:DR - Yes and no.

From the SotG where they discussed Commendations, Hamish said that they will be retroactive, but only if Massive had been tracking the commendation stat before the program is implemented.  They didn't say what commendation stats were and weren't tracked, but with over 500 commendations, there's going to be a lot of work to do.  They mentioned that there's going to be a commendation for car doors closed and we know Massive has tracked this since the beginning (it was mentioned in one of the early SotG), so those that hit the mark will probably get this when 1.7 drops.  However, there will probably be many others that they haven't been tracking (say completing a legendary without ever getting downed) that players will have to grind.  

Last edited by a moderator:

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I think it will get out of PTS, but I could see it getting some restrictions on how ur can be used (thus not a true WC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements