• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

EP 5 - Guns & Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
On EP 5 we're going to be covering part 2 of our 3 part builds discussion - guns & gear.  We're planning on taking about what to look for if you've just hit GS 256 on your first toon or if you've been playing a while and want some refresher info.  

What should we definitely cover?  What do you want to hear us talk about?  Let us know and listen to see how the conversation goes. 

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
On EP 5 we're going to be covering part 2 of our 3 part builds discussion - guns & gear.  We're planning on taking about what to look for if you've just hit GS 256 on your first toon or if you've been playing a while and want some refresher info.  

What should we definitely cover?  What do you want to hear us talk about?  Let us know and listen to see how the conversation goes. 

So, what are you guys thinking?

For myself, I found @Peaceful Panda 's vid on crit damage really useful in improving my builds. I guess when you find mods useful for particular guns. When headshots are good, or stability or reloads.

Guns can be fairly situational. PVP damage quick but pve is more sustained damage. Predator and sticker I think is better for laser like accuracy.

Gear, if you just hit gs#256, then probably more non exotic hybrid guilds. We have had the gs#256 for  while now, so establish players can aim for targeted builds. But after a gear score increase, we usually end up with hybrids or run crappy stats etc. So that's more where new cap players face.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
This is good info and the kinds of things we're thinking about.  We know it's tough when you're hitting 30 with your first toon to get geared up.  We're trying to offer some tips and suggestions for once a player has started to fill their stash and they're trying to figure out which piece is better if they have say two pred mark backpacks.  Same with guns, if you look at one, how do you know if it's a good roll or a bad roll.  This will help players start to sort out their gear and see what they have.  Then, in EP 6 we'll talk specific builds - DPS, skill, tank, PvE, PvE, etc.  

The idea was EP 4 gets a player from new to the game, thru lvl 30 and gives some ideas on the WT1-5 grind, EP 5 helps to sort the gear they're collecting and EP 6 will be how to utilize that newly sorted gear so they can start making builds and loadouts for different events. 

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Certainly as a PvE player I realise when I do PvP that my build .. and likely choice of weapons is lacking so perhaps touching on the differences or types of weapons and how they differently effect the two modes of play would be an idea? For example does "stagger" from shotguns effect Player Characters the same as Ai, is it as effective etc. Is using a sniper build in PvP really an option at all? what's the current meta in PvP (SMGs? LMGs?) and how might you see this evolving with 1.7 or even 1.8 (though I know this would be speculation)?

..also...did someone mention gunz?!? yay! GUNZ!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements