• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noBdSafRumThzStzThtWeDnTK

Community Member
What's good agents, players, peoples,

I'm new to this forum but not new to the game. Actually still kinda petro bout forums because it usually feels like I'm intruding on cool kids. I'm a 50-year-old NYr and playing this game reminds me of home when I use to roam the streets as a delinquent.

I get that in PVP there is gonna be rogue activity and all types of levels of anxiety, but believing that I am a mature individual. I also believe there are gamers out there who wanna get paid without ruining new jacks or the apprehensive's good time. Maybe I'm affable but whatever. I'm just reaching out to those who may know of a community who play the game for the theme of protecting civilians and rebuilding certain normalcy in a dystopia. It might not sound like I really know what the fuck I'm talking about, but I'm glad to get it off my gristle. 

So, I just would like to know where to go to learn how to properly build with a community that is here to make the game better for people like me if that makes sense? I bet once I get my footing I'll just be a bother dick-head but let's hope that doesn't happen. Love and Light

P.S. Is there a podcast that explains all the terms in State of The Game and other mystifying aspects of The Division? Good looking out!!

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur

I'm new to this forum but not new to the game. Actually still kinda petro bout forums because it usually feels like I'm intruding on cool kids. I'm a 50-year-old NYr and playing this game reminds me of home when I use to roam the streets as a delinquent.

I get that in PVP there is gonna be rogue activity and all types of levels of anxiety, but believing that I am a mature individual. I also believe there are gamers out there who wanna get paid without ruining new jacks or the apprehensive's good time. Maybe I'm affable but whatever. I'm just reaching out to those who may know of a community who play the game for the theme of protecting civilians and rebuilding certain normalcy in a dystopia. It might not sound like I really know what the fuck I'm talking about, but I'm glad to get it off my gristle. 

So, I just would like to know where to go to learn how to properly build with a community that is here to make the game better for people like me if that makes sense? I bet once I get my footing I'll just be a bother dick-head but let's hope that doesn't happen. Love and Light

P.S. Is there a podcast that explains all the terms in State of The Game and other mystifying aspects of The Division? Good looking out!!
Hey @noBdSafRumThzStzThtWeDnTK, welcome to the forums. We're all fairly inclusive here. So, no cool kid cliche here, lol.

They have a podcast here called Shade Tech Radio, hosted by @DeadSockPuppet and @g1nt3r. The link is below. I believe their next planned episode will talk about builds too. So you might be interested in that one. They should be able to tell you when the next episode will drop.

http://www.thedivisionforums.com/forum/152-episodes/

http://www.thedivisionforums.com/forum/151-shade-tech-radio/

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain

Considering I'm almost as old as you buddy it'll be ok here for you. 

Any questions never be worried to ask, we do have a new player guide if you need it but I appreciate terminology can be confusing, especially if it gets shortened or turned into initials. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
@noBdSafRumThzStzThtWeDnTK Welcome to the forums.  We're more than willing to help answer questions and clarify any confusion that might come with the game.  As @Oh. daesu mentioned, give the podcast a listen and see if that helps any. If not, feel free to post up here, tweet at us (@shadetechradio) or email us (shadetechradio@thedivisionforums.com) and we'll see how we can help. 

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
You could be forgiven for thinking this is the senior version of the UBI forums as a fair number of people here are err, more advanced in years and experience.  I think it shows with people being very friendly, informative and inclusive.  

Ask away and enjoy your stay  :10_wink: .

Community Member
Considering I'm almost as old as you buddy it'll be ok here for you. 

Any questions never be worried to ask, we do have a new player guide if you need it but I appreciate terminology can be confusing, especially if it gets shortened or turned into initials. 
AWESOME. where is said guide and I could also use a tute on how to properly use a forum. I'm learning as I go and I don't know if part of the fun is to embrace frustration. Help me out sinsè

quinch1199

AWESOME. where is said guide and I could also use a tute on how to properly use a forum. I'm learning as I go and I don't know if part of the fun is to embrace frustration. Help me out sinsè
There's a "NOOB guide" in this General Discussion area. Also I would point you to my Let's Play series where I go from level 1 to 15 I believe. Its a patch behind but the gameplay tips are solid enough.  

quinch1199

don't know if part of the fun is to embrace frustration
Nooo.... try to find a friend to play alongside...REALLY helps make the gameplay much more fun. Concentrate on Missions, side missions in each area before moving to the next area and safe house. Sometimes instructions on missions can be vague but persevere and you'll get there.

Take your time. This is a cover based shooter, before dashing into a combat...look about, choose a place of cover for your initial contact...but also fallback points where you can either flank or string enemies out towards so you don't get swamped. 

Use grenades...any grenade! If it doesn't do damage it will distract or disable. They're ideal for crowd control. 

If playing alone and starting out, focus on healing. Anything to keep you live helps. 

Don't be afraid to withdraw. They'll chase you but take cover, return fire, move back further to more cover, return fire ...repeat. Its very easy to get surrounded in the game to be honest and die fast. Keep the enemies at distance always. 

genedjr

Community Elite
Especially in the 1 to 30 game, you absolutely must use cover - or you will die.  The AI is very brutal.  When your local radar shows red, hit cover, move cover to cover.  Even when in direct line of sight, being in cover will allow you to take a few hits.

The game I played directly before this was Borderlands 2 where cover was completely unnecessary, here it's mandatory.

...gene 

Community Member
Nooo.... try to find a friend to play alongside...REALLY helps make the gameplay much more fun. Concentrate on Missions, side missions in each area before moving to the next area and safe house. Sometimes instructions on missions can be vague but persevere and you'll get there.

Take your time. This is a cover based shooter, before dashing into a combat...look about, choose a place of cover for your initial contact...but also fallback points where you can either flank or string enemies out towards so you don't get swamped. 

Use grenades...any grenade! If it doesn't do damage it will distract or disable. They're ideal for crowd control. 

If playing alone and starting out, focus on healing. Anything to keep you live helps. 

Don't be afraid to withdraw. They'll chase you but take cover, return fire, move back further to more cover, return fire ...repeat. Its very easy to get surrounded in the game to be honest and die fast. Keep the enemies at distance always. 
Thanks a milly rudeboy! I think I have a talent embedded somewhere in my loadout that I can survive cover to cover. I see a notification come up in my hud. There's gotta be a concise document detailing all the abilities & talents and weapon mods and stuff I'm figuring out after a year of struggle

Community Member
You could be forgiven for thinking this is the senior version of the UBI forums as a fair number of people here are err, more advanced in years and experience.  I think it shows with people being very friendly, informative and inclusive.  

Ask away and enjoy your stay  :10_wink: .
So far having a blast with you cats. Thanks for not being chodes in this valley of vegetables
giphy.gif

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Suddenly feel like I should be in a seedy jazz bar. Or jiving with cabbage patch dolls *. 

* Needless reference to a past generation of consumerism

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Thanks a milly rudeboy! I think I have a talent embedded somewhere in my loadout that I can survive cover to cover. I see a notification come up in my hud. There's gotta be a concise document detailing all the abilities & talents and weapon mods and stuff I'm figuring out after a year of struggle
Ask and ye shall receive:

Weapon Talents - 

http://thedivision.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapon+Talents

Gear Talents -

http://thedivision.wiki.fextralife.com/Gear+Talents

Gear Sets - 

https://division.zone/items/gear-sets/

Mods -

There's not really a good guide on these, but basically they come in two types (attribute and performance) and 5 levels (30-34).  They have different prefixes (for example prototype), but I think they are tied to the level of the mod.  You get 5 attribute mods (chest x2, mask/pads/pack x1) and 4 performance (pack x2, pads/holster X1).  

Attribute mods - give a bonuse to 1 stat (firearms, stamina, electronics) and a buff to your toon (health, skill points, etc.).  Use these to fill holes in your stats to unlock weapon talents or add buffs for your toon. 

Perfornance mods - provide a boost to your skills like +7% duration on healing station, +3.5% damage for seeker mines, +2% crit chance for pulse, etc.  Determine what skills you're using and pick ones that buff your toon. 

Some tips on mods: 

• Try to get all lvl 34 mods as they're obviously the highest level and will provide the greatest benefit. 

• Attribute mods max out at +266 for lvl  34, so try to keep it to at least +250 if you want to be using good mods.

• If you can, get the PXC to buy lvl 34 mod blueprints so you can keep making mods until you get what you need.  

Community Member
Ask and ye shall receive:

Weapon Talents - 

http://thedivision.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapon+Talents

Gear Talents -

http://thedivision.wiki.fextralife.com/Gear+Talents

Gear Sets - 

https://division.zone/items/gear-sets/

Mods -

There's not really a good guide on these, but basically they come in two types (attribute and performance) and 5 levels (30-34).  They have different prefixes (for example prototype), but I think they are tied to the level of the mod.  You get 5 attribute mods (chest x2, mask/pads/pack x1) and 4 performance (pack x2, pads/holster X1).  

Attribute mods - give a bonuse to 1 stat (firearms, stamina, electronics) and a buff to your toon (health, skill points, etc.).  Use these to fill holes in your stats to unlock weapon talents or add buffs for your toon. 

Perfornance mods - provide a boost to your skills like +7% duration on healing station, +3.5% damage for seeker mines, +2% crit chance for pulse, etc.  Determine what skills you're using and pick ones that buff your toon. 

Some tips on mods: 

• Try to get all lvl 34 mods as they're obviously the highest level and will provide the greatest benefit. 

• Attribute mods max out at +266 for lvl  34, so try to keep it to at least +250 if you want to be using good mods.

• If you can, get the PXC to buy lvl 34 mod blueprints so you can keep making mods until you get what you need.  
good looking out!!

MRLfi.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements