• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Finally joining the world of cosplay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Well, I finally did it. I finally have joined the world of cosplay.

If any of you follow me on Twitter (@The_HawKShoT) you've probably seen I started working on a Division Agent Loadout/Cosplay. Why now? Well, I'm a gear nut. I love gear, tools, weapons, the whole nine yards. Not just a WW2 buff like I mentioned on Shade Tech Radio, when the sexy @g1nt3r and wonderful @DeadSockPuppet invited me on. Love you boys. :18_kissing_heart:

My estimate to how much cash I've put into this is probably around the 300$ mark so far. Going close to 450$ if I'm wearing my headset, jacket, boots, etc. The truth of cosplay, is that it is not cheap!

I don't intend to only use this for cosplaying however. I plan to eventually run this on the airsoft field as well. Because let's be honest, we all want to act like Division Agents don't we?

@EidolonFox and @quinch1199 are partially to blame for this also. They're cosplays have ended up being great, and only made me want to do this more.

Now, enough talk. Let's get into the gear.

I don't currently have a primary weapon, but I've been eyeballing a couple Benelli M4 Super 90's (Commonly known as the M1014 ), Remington M870's, and even an FN SCAR-L to carry.

Sidearm I'm running a Taurus PT 24/7 Gen 1. This handgun only cost me 40$ a couple years back. She's an airsoft gun, a spring one at that, but she is fully licensed by Taurus, all metal and polymer, working slidelock, a legitimate replica. Serial number and all. Even the caliber is marked as 9mm Parabellum. I have started using a Steyr M9-A1 more, but unfortunately neither of these handguns exist in game. So I'm looking to find a replica 1911, M&P, or even a Beretta 92F.

My gloves DO exist in game though! Mechanix M-Pact's in Multicam! They aren't black like all the ones I've come across (I did own a black pair also, but I destroyed them), but I purposely am going for a Multicam /  Tan scheme.

Respirator is just a good old 3M Respirator.  You can pick them up anywhere from 20$ to 40$ dollars. My pack is from NexPak USA, don't really know the model. It's not a genuine Multicam like everything else,  but Multicam slingpacks seem to be near non existent. Cap is a Condor Tactical Cap, with a "Thin Orange Line" patch. Leg holster is also from Condor, and is their Tornado holster.

IFAK on the back is yet again, Condor, and is the Rip Away EMT Pouch in red. This is actually something I carry on a daily basis. I figured Red was a more self explanatory color in case I ever needed someone to retrieve it for me while I'm treating or moving a patient. 

I do keep things in my pack, but it varies time to time. I last put my fishing gear in it, but I swap it for medical gear, or set it up as a Go Bag more often. There is a Condor (I have a lot of Condor... Never have had any problem with them, and decently priced) 1.5 Liter hydration bladder in the hydration pouch, the tube is routed down my strap. Couple non-load bearing carabiners, and a Smith and Wesson SWMP11B are also on my strap also. Along with a couple shotgun shells, and .45 casings.

Photo Jun 30, 19 17 33.jpg

Photo Jul 12, 14 40 58.jpg

Photo Jul 12, 14 43 58.jpg

Photo Jul 12, 14 46 04.jpg

Photo Jul 12, 15 05 30.jpg

View attachment Video Jul 12, 14 55 34.mov

Last edited by a moderator:

genedjr

Community Elite
OK - WILD!  I love it.

On gear - a lot of the gear is modeled on current gear with shade tech.  So there are plenty of opportunities to enhance through surplus stores.

On weapons - depending on you home state, alot could be available.  But mostly semi-auto.  Even though the 'look' is still there for CosPlay.

On "other" - most of the attachments can be achieved using little more than foam, balsa, fiberglass with LED lights - good luck.

AWESOME job.

...gene

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
@HawKShoT - Fantastic news!! Looking good. Must admit that life has got in the way of me adding the final details to my Cosplay but I'm just really waiting for an opportunity to get licenced so I can buy the airsoft based weapons to complete it (in the UK you need to be registered with a licenced Airsoft site in order to legally buy a Realistic Imitation Firearm, its not a huge deal but takes some time).

I'm very mixed on the camo's I'm using to be honest...as there's so much choice in the game I really haven't decided which direction to go! This is another thing stopping me from completing it. So its good you've made a choice! Means you're ahead of me haha! I'm just not sure if I should go military, PMC or "filthy-casual" style.

If you want any pointers, what materials to use, gear to locate etc just ask. So glad you've got this sorted...looks awesome! 

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
@HawKShoT - Fantastic news!! Looking good. Must admit that life has got in the way of me adding the final details to my Cosplay but I'm just really waiting for an opportunity to get licenced so I can buy the airsoft based weapons to complete it (in the UK you need to be registered with a licenced Airsoft site in order to legally buy a Realistic Imitation Firearm, its not a huge deal but takes some time).

I'm very mixed on the camo's I'm using to be honest...as there's so much choice in the game I really haven't decided which direction to go! This is another thing stopping me from completing it. So its good you've made a choice! Means you're ahead of me haha! I'm just not sure if I should go military, PMC or "filthy-casual" style.

If you want any pointers, what materials to use, gear to locate etc just ask. So glad you've got this sorted...looks awesome! 
Ah America. Although more of our population is scared of firearms, we have it way easier than you guys. Now I DO take the orange tips / flash hiders off mine, but that is because they aren't something I can take on a field anyways. Either too low or high powered. Camouflage patterns I really debated for awhile. I was considering ABU (Airman Battle Uniform) or MARPAT also, but ended up on Multicam (Skorpion W2, OCP, all the same deal). I will say this though, the ABU pattern is ugly. A digital tiger stripe in the Army's old UCP colors. And it blends into f*ck all. I was just a little biased towards it, which is why I considered it.

Alphabridge set uses the good old Hunter's pattern. I've personally never owned anything in it, but for the woods, I have no doubt it would work very well. The U.S. Army's older UCP pattern is also in game (the National Guard set, the JTF all wear it also), but I would like to see more patterns come in eventually.

Any ideas for a watch or radio block? Admittedly, those are ending up being the hardest things for me to find.  

quinch1199

Ah America. Although more of our population is scared of firearms, we have it way easier than you guys. Now I DO take the orange tips / flash hiders off mine, but that is because they aren't something I can take on a field anyways. Either too low or high powered. Camouflage patterns I really debated for awhile. I was considering ABU (Airman Battle Uniform) or MARPAT also, but ended up on Multicam (Skorpion W2, OCP, all the same deal). I will say this though, the ABU pattern is ugly. A digital tiger stripe in the Army's old UCP colors. And it blends into f*ck all. I was just a little biased towards it, which is why I considered it.

Alphabridge set uses the good old Hunter's pattern. I've personally never owned anything in it, but for the woods, I have no doubt it would work very well. The U.S. Army's older UCP pattern is also in game (the National Guard set, the JTF all wear it also), but I would like to see more patterns come in eventually.

Any ideas for a watch or radio block? Admittedly, those are ending up being the hardest things for me to find.  
FYI that Hunters dried leaf pattern is actually pretty bad as a genuine camo in the real world...sure looks "natural" though! One reason I've gone for the Filthy-Casual look with jeans etc. is I tend to wear military kit quite a bit casually anyway as I can't get much to fit me otherwise!

Multicam is an excellent choice and goes pretty cheap now I think doesn't it? 

Yeah, in the UK to be able to purchase a RiF you need to be a member of a registered Airsoft Site and have played "at least" three games in "not less than" three months. So, basically its a three month waiting period.

I don't have any issue with this to be honest...plus side of course is the last fatal shootings we had (by civilians on other civilians) is, I'm sure, more than 10 years ago. I'll take that trade off I guess.

Watch, and I'd also recommend this as a possible option for the shoulder strap thing-type-orange-glowing-whatsit ... a really cheap, Chinese knock off, android watch. As long as you can set watch faces and has a permanently on feature, I think they'll do the trick. Unfortunately my EXPENSIVE Moto360 broke (literally the case broke)...so now I'm without that part...but it looked perfect!!!  

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
FYI that Hunters dried leaf pattern is actually pretty bad as a genuine camo in the real world...sure looks "natural" though! One reason I've gone for the Filthy-Casual look with jeans etc. is I tend to wear military kit quite a bit casually anyway as I can't get much to fit me otherwise!

Multicam is an excellent choice and goes pretty cheap now I think doesn't it? 

Yeah, in the UK to be able to purchase a RiF you need to be a member of a registered Airsoft Site and have played "at least" three games in "not less than" three months. So, basically its a three month waiting period.

I don't have any issue with this to be honest...plus side of course is the last fatal shootings we had (by civilians on other civilians) is, I'm sure, more than 10 years ago. I'll take that trade off I guess.

Watch, and I'd also recommend this as a possible option for the shoulder strap thing-type-orange-glowing-whatsit ... a really cheap, Chinese knock off, android watch. As long as you can set watch faces and has a permanently on feature, I think they'll do the trick. Unfortunately my EXPENSIVE Moto360 broke (literally the case broke)...so now I'm without that part...but it looked perfect!!!  
Multicam is an awesome pattern! And I'm glad the U.S. military has adopted it (Army and Special Operations, Air Force when deployed). It is cheaper than it was a couple years ago, but you really have to watch out for the knockoffs. ALWAYS go genuine.

I've also thought about buying a cheap black watch and gutting it. Add some orange LEDs and a cutout. But that is to be continued...

I'm still deciding on what my next priority is, but I think it may be a Battle Belt, or a "War Belt", and put some HSGI TACOs on it. 1. Because those mag pouches look badass, 2 because my mags will stay in place, and I can go for a double mag, or a double mag "kangaroo" I think it's called. 2 mags plus a pistol mag. But MAN those are pricey!

quinch1199

Multicam is an awesome pattern! And I'm glad the U.S. military has adopted it (Army and Special Operations, Air Force when deployed). It is cheaper than it was a couple years ago, but you really have to watch out for the knockoffs. ALWAYS go genuine.

I've also thought about buying a cheap black watch and gutting it. Add some orange LEDs and a cutout. But that is to be continued...

I'm still deciding on what my next priority is, but I think it may be a Battle Belt, or a "War Belt", and put some HSGI TACOs on it. 1. Because those mag pouches look badass, 2 because my mags will stay in place, and I can go for a double mag, or a double mag "kangaroo" I think it's called. 2 mags plus a pistol mag. But MAN those are pricey!
Maybe a MOLLE magazine bandoleer? Looking at my screen shots I used for reference there's not many loads that have the padded battlebelt arrangements. 

download.jpg

37CL81CT_1__57424.1330780551.220.220.jpg

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
UPDATE:

NEW GEAR!

I've recently received a Leatherman Raptor, as well as a 5.11 Tactical Rush 24.

The Raptors were 70$, but they really are amazing quality. One of the best tools I've ever had. Leatherman have their reputation for a reason. 

The Raptors are medical shears, with a couple additions. They fold, have a seatbelt cutter, 02 wrench, ring cutter, and a 5cm ruler on the end of the bottom blade. The shears themselves can cut a penny in half if you put some good strength into it. The holster they come with is also very impressive. It is compatible with MOLLE, but can also go onto most belts. I personally wear a 1.5 inch duty style belt, and it fit snugly into the belt mount. So I don't think it would work on a 2 inch belt, but unless you're law enforcement or maybe military, you won't be wearing that anyways most likely.

Now, why did I purchase the Raptors? They aren't exactly a thing a Division Agent carries are they? Not typically no. I don't think I've mentioned yet that some of this gear, I carry as my EDC (Everyday Carry). I always have gear on my belt, or on/in my pack. The reason I own the Raptors, as well as my IFAK, is because 1. I'm Red Cross certified in Adult and Pediatric First Aid, CPR, and AED, currently looking into a class for Basic Life Support, and in the future, Small Craft Incidents. 2. One of my biggest goals, and my current focus, is to become a United States Air Force Combat Rescue Officer (AFSC 13DXA). Combat Rescue, in tier 2 Special Opeations. The actual medical stuff tends to be left to the Pararescuemen (PJ's) for the most part, but it is still part of the job, and I wish to be proficient at it.

The 5.11 Rush 24 is meant to be a 24 hour bag. Typically 130$, I snatched it for 88$, and do not regret it. By far the best pack I've owned so far. I believe it's about 33 liters, equaling roughly 2300 cubic inches. But has many pockets, some mesh. I love this because I can organize the things I'm carrying. My laptop looks kinda small in it compared to my old bag. Hydration pouch, which you can run your tube out the sides on the handle. Back is pretty well padded, I find it comfortable, but I typically only carry 15 pounds in it.  So far, no complaints, and honestly would recommend it anybody. If I was a Division Agent, I would take this over a sling pack. 

I seem to be having trouble locating a good MOLLE bandoleer, but that was an excellent idea @quinch1199. I'll continue looking for a good one. Seriously considering purchasing one.

Photo Aug 04, 19 55 38.jpg

Photo Aug 04, 19 55 14.jpg

Photo Aug 04, 19 57 03.jpg

Photo Aug 03, 18 45 06.jpg

Photo Aug 03, 18 45 30.jpg

Photo Aug 02, 15 21 19.jpg

Photo Aug 03, 18 04 53.jpg

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Back with more gear pictures! Got my Leatherman Raptor Shears, 3M Half mask respirator, and IFAK all in there. I'll be posting again soon what I keep in my IFAK currently, in case anybody wondered what medical gear I'm always carrying.

Been looking a lot more at getting a CYMA M870 to use as my primary weapon. There's a full metal one by them with a fixed stock and full barrel that has been calling my name the past couple weeks...

Keep an eye on this space!

Photo Aug 31, 14 12 56.jpg

Photo_Aug_31,_14_22_38_(1).jpg

Photo_Aug_31,_14_28_47_(1).jpg

Photo_Aug_31,_14_40_15.jpg

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Alright! Now for those of you interested in what medical gear I carry, My IFAK in an Condor Outdoor Rip-Away EMT pouch. It doesn't meet MARCH

(M - Massive Bleeding or Hemorrhaging

A - Airway

R - Respiration

C - Circulation

H - Head Injury or Hypothermia)

yet, but it eventually will. This is what I've had around, and been able to stock it with currently.

-----------------------------------

Acetaminophen (500mg Tablets) (4)

Adhesive Bandages (Assorted) (47)

Antiseptic Towelettes (13)

Aspirn (325mg Tablets) (2)

Benadryl (25mg Diphenhydramine Tablets) (4)

Burnaid Burn Gel (3.5g) (1)

Cortizone 10 (1oz cream) (1 tube)

Eye Pad (4.1 cm x 6.7 cm)

Fabric Bandages (Assorted) (4)

Foam padded aluminum splint

Gauze Pads (7.5 cm x 7.5 cm) (1)

Gauze Pads (5 cm x 5 cm) (5)

IBUPROFEN (200mg Tablets (2)

Leatherman Raptor Shears (typically carried on my belt however) (1)

Neomycin Ointment (.9g) (4)

Penlight (1)

Q Tips (10)

Surgical Tape (1)

Survival Blanket (84" L x 52" W) (1)

Trauma Pad (12.7 cm x 22.86 cm) (1)

Photo_Aug_31,_14_51_06.jpg

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Updated some things on the cosplay. Switched handguns, shirts, added some more stuff on the strap, and I have more gear getting ordered. Definitely getting better. (I've since adjusted the shears holster to face towards my right side, instead of straight up the strap.)

Photo Sep 30, 11 51 01.jpg

Photo Sep 30, 12 01 55.jpg

Photo Sep 30, 12 12 23.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements