• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Just started playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaDHatt3rMike

Like the title says, I just started playing The Division, this week and already level 10, what gear should I be looking for. I like to use AR's and Marksman Rifles- a run and gun type build with the ability to hit from a distance if need be.

Any help would be nice,  thanks

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
First, welcome to the game and the forums.  Second, for level 1-30 don't be too concerned with weapons and gear.  When you hit level 30 the game completely changes and you start hunting for specific items.  

For 1-30 I suggest trying different combos of all the types of weapons: AR, SMG, LMG, DMR (sniper) and shotties.  I try to keep one ranged item (AR or DMR) and one CQB (SMB, LMG, shotty) so I'm comfortable from both ranges in the 1-30 grind.  

As for gear, I tend to run the items with the highest armor rating and I'm not too concerned with the stats (firearms, stamina, electronics) or if weapon talents are unlocked.  

When you hit level 30 and start looking for end game gear, the group here can offer you many different suggestions on what to try running based on your playstyle.  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. 

genedjr

Community Elite
Well - I disagree a little with DSP - get the best gear for stamina/health and the best damage weapons (DPS is broken, use the damage number).  This allows you to take a hit and hit back.  The 1-30 game AI is brutal - 1 or two hits and your dead.

Don't get frustrated on dying - it happens, alot 1-30.  Just crank out those levels.

And oh yeah, use cover :4_joy:

...gene 

Oh yeah - welcome, this is a KICK A$$ game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
What tgey said... :13_upside_down:

Plus, talking weapons-

The different types of weapons seem to vary in effectiveness across the levels.

For example,, level 1 to 10 a good shottie is fantastic. But don't bother with shotties after that (or at least until you get close to 30) as they seem to lack stopping power relative to the toughness of the AI.

So, that's another reason to try different types of weapons, than thinking there's one good combo. 

leveling 1 to 30 is a good time to mess around with different weapons as DSP had said. So mess around  and have some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements