• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PC CPUID HWMonitor error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genedjr

Community Elite
OK, CPUID has great stuff.  I love CPU-Z so I tried CPUID HWMonitor.  BUT...

It shows 14 threads on the Ryzen 5 1600x 6 core CPU!

After watching it alot, the last 2 threads are very independent of the rest of the threads.  And from visuals they all seem to be independent.
It does show (properly) 6 cores.  So I am confused - I should see 12 threads.

Now windows only shows the 12 threads, but it takes its cue from the cores.

Thoughts?

Where should I ask - the CPUID site has no comments/response that I can find.

...gene

Last edited by a moderator:

genedjr

Community Elite
OK, I think I have figured this out.

When looking at the display, it shows cores 0 through 6 and threads (or CPUs as it labels then) 0 through 13.  But its missing Core 3 and threads 6 and 7.

So its showing 6 cores and 12 threads.  

So in thinking about the layout, we know there are 8 cores actually there on the die just 2 are turned off.  And we know that one core is turned off from each CCX.  That would be Core 3 and 7, threads 6 - 7 and 14 - 15.  So it does make sense.   But still weird, until you think it through.

This also seems to indicate my CPU was ok and had the normal cores disabled.  As it makes sense for core 3 and 7 to be disabled as normal for a R5 1600(x).

...gene

Last edited by a moderator:

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
That is really strange. I've never used HWMonitor, but still, strange, and defaintly will throw people off at first. Thanks for this info Gene!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements