• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Taking a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
So, I've decided to take a break from The Division for the foreseeable future.  I'll continue to mod and post here and watch/listen to SotG and Division podcasts (to keep in the loop), but I've gotten a little burned out on the game and want to get back into some other stuff.  

Recently I've started playing Dragon Age Inquisition, as I got that for Christmas 2014 and only played it for like 3 hrs before going back into Destiny and then ESO when it finally dropped.  I've been slowly remembering how much fun I had in DA, DA2 & DAO so I'm going to try and give that a fair shake.  

As I said, I'll be keeping in touch with the game and still stay active here, so feel free to message me or whatnot here if you have questions.  

TheDarkZone

Community Agent
I took a break a long time ago. I got my money out of the game the first few months. Then it just started to feel like a chore versus fun. 

Like I said, I got my money's worth based on the time put in, but overall the game was a huge disappointment to me. That is not to say it is not a great game, but I followed the development of it from the very beginning. If you go back and watch some of the reveal trailers from a couple of years ago, the game we got was not the game they were promising. For example, they mapped out all of New York City supposedly. All we ever got was a small section of Manhattan. The campaign was what, maybe 6-8 hours to get through, and they never really expanded on that. Anyone else remember the drones that could be controlled by someone playing on a tablet that got canceled? That looked awesome. 

I think they thought it would take people longer than 2 days after launch to complete the campaign. I don't think they had a real endgame plan in mind at the beginning.  Then they spent the first 60 days scrambling to try to fix that. 

Don't get me wrong. If it is ever made, I'll buy The Division 2 on launch day.

I think I would have loved the game more if I never heard of it before launch and then played it. I just had higher expectations after following the development for 3 years. 

Anyhow, sounds like you have your hands full with DA. I spent many hours in ESO before The Division. Great game too. 

If you are looking for something else to try, check out Warframe. It is kind of like a futuristic The Division, but with so much more content and variety. For example, there are 30 warframes, each with different abilities and stats (Something I think The Division was sorely missing. We should have had defined character classes instead of being able to just flick a few options and mod our character to anything we wanted. Just 3-4 of them would have added to the lifespan of the game quite a bit.)

Warframe has a steep learning curve, but there are a lot of tutorials out there on YouTube and a huge wiki. The community is great too. Always willing to help.

Oh, and it is free to play.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I think I have DL'd Warframe at some point, might have to give that a go.  I think I might  also fall finally give Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition a go, bought it for $5 on a PS store sale and haven't played it yet.  

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I don't have a PC that can play anything current, my laptop is like 4-5 years old.  Looking at possibly getting a desktop or laptop to run my streaming thru, but that probably won't be something that would work for gaming.  One of these days I might build a rig for gaming and then we can own kids together @quinch1199

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I don't have a PC that can play anything current, my laptop is like 4-5 years old.  Looking at possibly getting a desktop or laptop to run my streaming thru, but that probably won't be something that would work for gaming.  One of these days I might build a rig for gaming and then we can own kids together @quinch1199
Building is absolutely the way to go and vastly the cheapest to be honest, though perhaps daunting for first timers you have to remember that if a DELL can be assembled in a Taiwan sweatshop by a 12 year old ... then you can do so too! lol 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
We'll probably get a pre-built laptop that can run my stream & my wife could use for homework.  If and when I get a gaming rig, I'll build it probably using something like pcpartpicker to find components that work, but it would be my first self-built PC. 

genedjr

Community Elite
I have built zillions - its fairly easy with all the you tube videos - and if you got $500 you can game.

My current rig is a AMD Ryzen R5 1600x ~ $1000 minus the case, two 1TB HDs.  But I built it with Zen2 in mind and I already had a graphics card (and got gifted a GTX 970), but I think 1 large would get you a rig that would be great at 1080p, steaming, and OSB capture.

Parts picker is a good tool, but I found it limiting...  Lots of research will guide you.  Just Google!

...gene

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
I had a nice breather when wildlands came out... was refreshing to be in another environment . Have fun dude ...

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Been pretty much exclusively playing D3 and I’m loving it.  Tons of fun and lots of longevity with the seasons once I get done running the different classes through story.  

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
UPDATE: I plan to main Diablo 3 for the foreseeable future.  I’ve been playing it on PS4 for the last 2+ months and I’m having a blast.  I have 2 lvl 70 toons (Crusader & Necromancer) and plan to start a third (Barbarian) on Thursday (11/9) when Season 12 starts.  

From what I’ve heard, seasons last around 2-2.5 months so I’ll be tied up with that until after the start if the new year.  After the season I’ll probably keep grinding other classes while mixing in games I get for Xmas.  

Along with getting burned out on Division,  I’ve been trying to grow my Twitch channel and build a community.  While Division has an awesome community, the game content that draws viewers (Last Stand, Incursions, etc.) doesn’t interest me enough to regularly run, requires a regular group that I don’t have or both.  

Diablo 3, on the other hand, has a lot of modes that both viewers and I enjoy.  I’ve also been really itching to get back into a good RPG with some longevity, which Diablo has.  I gave Dragon Age a go, and will probably go back at some point, but I’m still not getting hooked as quickly as I did with other DA games.  And since Diablo 3 is also a grindy looter, I just don’t have time for Division.  

I will keep in touch with the Forums and with @g1nt3r, but I’ve stopped following SotG and have been focusing more on Diablo and Twitch related videos and podcasts.  I’ll still try to offer input where I can, but I’ll no longer be as knowledgeable on the game going forward.  

If you’d like to keep touch with me, you can still hit me up here on Twitter or here on Twitch.  I’ve also been posting highlight vids from Twitch to me YT channel (search DeadSockPuppet).  If you’re free, I’d always appreciate seeing you guys stop be chat on Twitch.  

TL:DR - I’ve moved from Division to Diablo 3, I’ll keep an eye out here, hit me up on Twitter and/or Twitch if you like and if you Google DeadSockPuppet the results are pretty much all me. 

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Strangely enough, I just bought D-III Reaper of Souls last weekend but for the XB-One.  It is one game me and 3 of the kids can play at the same time and is great fun when I get to screen down and we are playing on the projector (100").  I will step over to that on weekends I think but will come back and forth with The Division as well, especially when 1.8 drops.  

BROGOD

Community Veteran
I've been taking  a break too. Just because other games came out and Division doesn't have me hyped right now. Hopefully that changes soon.

Blazzen67

i know how you feel, I haven't played the division in months (hell, i havent been on this forum in ages lol) ..been playing other things as well. kinda looking forward to star wars battlefront 2 and call of duty ww II. just got assassins creed origins, its fun. hopefully they will bring out the division 2 and fix/add to what they have. 

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Haven’t even played videos games at all lately myself... lifes just been kicking me a lot lately and haven’t even felt like it tbh... ugh

Last edited by a moderator:

genedjr

Community Elite
Back to the original subject - taking a break - my son and I have been really heavy into Destiny 2 - its really fun, it's really buggy.  I will definitely be back when 1.8 drops.  But for us - we are a little burned out on TD.

...gene

BROGOD

Community Veteran
Back to the original subject - taking a break - my son and I have been really heavy into Destiny 2 - its really fun, it's really buggy.  I will definitely be back when 1.8 drops.  But for us - we are a little burned out on TD.

...gene
I've been playing Destiny 2 too, what's your battle.net? Or are you guys on console. It isn't THAT buggy either, could use some balances here n there though but overall I'm having a blast with it.

genedjr

Community Elite
I've been playing Destiny 2 too, what's your battle.net? Or are you guys on console. It isn't THAT buggy either, could use some balances here n there though but overall I'm having a blast with it.
PC platform - alas - and its very buggy.  I can complete the main story line, but so far none of the side stories - GPU crash, hung screen, dropped connection....  OldGamerGene is my handle.   (changed on TD too)

But even with that its fun to play.  I have seen evidence that more play is less XP for bright engrams (rare/exotic loot boxes) - I will do a little research, if true I will move on, F Bungie and consider it a lesson learned.  And this has soooo pissed me off - maybe even put up a fundme to sue them.  Come on - playing more is less rewarding - BS.

But I will be back for TD drop 1.8 and I do a TD PE bosses run at least every couple of days to stay less dull  :1_grinning:

Still love TD - just a little burned out on it.

...gene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements