Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
DeadSockPuppet

Taking a break

Jaypeg    241
4 hours ago, DeadSockPuppet said:

I don’t really have any friends that play the game anymore, so solo play is what I’ve got to work with.  I’m be tried matchmaking in the DZ a handful of times and it sucked ass.   I’ll probably be relegated to the world boss runs.  

Appreciate we are in different time zones but if you ever see me online give me a shout, we can run the dz

• Upvote 1

Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
DeadSockPuppet    1,322
18 hours ago, Jaypeg said:

Appreciate we are in different time zones but if you ever see me online give me a shout, we can run the dz

I appreciate the offer, I’ll keep that in mind. 

BROGOD    220
On 28/11/2017 at 5:47 AM, genedjr said:

PC platform - alas - and its very buggy.  I can complete the main story line, but so far none of the side stories - GPU crash, hung screen, dropped connection....  OldGamerGene is my handle.   (changed on TD too)

But even with that its fun to play.  I have seen evidence that more play is less XP for bright engrams (rare/exotic loot boxes) - I will do a little research, if true I will move on, F Bungie and consider it a lesson learned.  And this has soooo pissed me off - maybe even put up a fundme to sue them.  Come on - playing more is less rewarding - BS.

But I will be back for TD drop 1.8 and I do a TD PE bosses run at least every couple of days to stay less dull :1_grinning:

Still love TD - just a little burned out on it.

...gene

Ah, I haven't had any of them issues. Not once. I've also bested the campaign, numerous times with my friends and three times solo on all three of my characters. Which are all now max power level. I've done the raids and I mainly just smash PvP and Trials of the Nine. I'm still having fun with the game, I'll carry you and your son through Trials if you still play :P. 

As for 1.8, haven't tried it yet and I don't know if I want to... has the game improved?

DeadSockPuppet    1,322
17 hours ago, BROGOD said:

As for 1.8, haven't tried it yet and I don't know if I want to... has the game improved?

1.8 has added a new portion of the map, with the aircraft carrier that is docked in the northeast portion of town.  It’s also added 2 new game modes and increased the GS cap to like 296.

In addition to those changes, players can now optimize your gear, in addition to the usual recalibrsting 1 stat on normal gear and 2 on classifieds (I think that’s right for classified, I don’t have any get).  Optimizing costs Division Tech and some other mats (I think) but it allows you to get pieces that aren’t to max GS to the cap.  So, 1.8 added new content, but a lot of new grind and reason for that grind.  

I played the new horde mode, but not the PvP mode.  I’m currently investing a lot of time grinding in Diablo 3, so I don’t think I’ll do it in Division.  I’d need a lot of time and work to get my builds back to top GS again so I could have a chance in PvP and I don’t think I want to put that time in.  I know that’s the premise of a looter - grind, hit max level, optimize gear, repeat - but I don’t think I’d have as much fun with Division as I’m having with Diablo 3.

• Like 1

BROGOD    220
On 25/12/2017 at 6:41 PM, DeadSockPuppet said:

1.8 has added a new portion of the map, with the aircraft carrier that is docked in the northeast portion of town.  It’s also added 2 new game modes and increased the GS cap to like 296.

In addition to those changes, players can now optimize your gear, in addition to the usual recalibrsting 1 stat on normal gear and 2 on classifieds (I think that’s right for classified, I don’t have any get).  Optimizing costs Division Tech and some other mats (I think) but it allows you to get pieces that aren’t to max GS to the cap.  So, 1.8 added new content, but a lot of new grind and reason for that grind.  

I played the new horde mode, but not the PvP mode.  I’m currently investing a lot of time grinding in Diablo 3, so I don’t think I’ll do it in Division.  I’d need a lot of time and work to get my builds back to top GS again so I could have a chance in PvP and I don’t think I want to put that time in.  I know that’s the premise of a looter - grind, hit max level, optimize gear, repeat - but I don’t think I’d have as much fun with Division as I’m having with Diablo 3.

Get Destiny 2, bro. It's a DECENT game, it's the same premise apart from it being funner in my opinion. The PvP is way funner, there's more control of your actions too. I always felt Division was a stiff shooter.

Diablo III is an amazing game too, though.

genedjr    341

My son and I are back in TD since the 1.8 drop.  Again super fun.  

Get D2 - its way fun - be aware however, the main story line is basic training.  Once you are through that its all about gear.

...gene

DeadSockPuppet    1,322

Thanks for the input guys, but I have no interest in Destiny 2. I put over 500 hrs into Destiny over line 2+ years (pretty much all my gaming time) and I’m not looking to do the same, especially I’m enjoying D3 so much and it’s a huge grind too.  

BROGOD    220

I know I'm grave digging the fuck out of this, but you should give Fortnite a go too if you're not already. I have been playing it since they launched the PvE, and the Battle Royale mode since the beta of it. It is really fun, especially the Battle Royale version. I think I have something stupid like 300 wins. It's a great game to just have fun on and blow off some steam. 

genedjr    341
Posted (edited)

/sigh - with the massive amount of GEs the last several weeks, I am totally burned out.  The good news is I have at least one piece of every classy.  The bad news is I simply do not want to play.

I have a maxed Striker (GS291, all gear/weapons optimized max) - fun toon.  She can really dish it out.  She can still use a bit of tweaking - again fun stuff.
I have a good 9K Tach - another fun toon.  Just a basic 9k+ electronics build - again way fun solo.
My Loanstar is Pakhan armed and really does great.  But for hard content, needs the right group.
My Devil/Heel toon is a work in progress, but way fun.
My other builds(sentry, dead eye, D3) are weak.  Though the D3 has 9K stam and a 2.3M shield :8_laughing:

I went back to D2 - but its just not TD (or even close for end game). and I am at the point where I would need to spend serious time to progress - nada.
I have not looked at Borderlands 2 for over a year - and really don't miss it. (note: 4000+ hours in B2)

I am thinking of building a nomad for PvP - but as I am limited to a controller (space/physical issues), I think I will have limited success.  But could be fun.
Or do survival - but that is a completely different game (kinda).

Thoughts?

...gene

Edited by genedjr

20 minutes ago, genedjr said:

/sigh - with the massive amount of GEs the last several weeks, I am totally burned out.  The good news is I have at least one piece of every classy.  The bad news is I simply do not want to play.

I have a maxed Striker (GS291, all gear/weapons optimized max) - fun toon.  She can really dish it out.  She can still use a bit of tweaking - again fun stuff.
I have a good 9K Tach - another fun toon.  Just a basic 9k+ electronics build - again way fun solo.
My Loanstar is Pakhan armed and really does great.  But for hard content, needs the right group.
My Devil/Heel toon is a work in progress, but way fun.
My other builds(sentry, dead eye, D3) are weak.  Though the D3 has 9K stam and a 2.3M shield :8_laughing:

I went back to D2 - but its just not TD (or even close for end game). and I am at the point where I would need to spend serious time to progress - nada.
I have not looked at Borderlands 2 for over a year - and really don't miss it. (note: 4000+ hours in B2)

I am thinking of building a nomad for PvP - but as I am limited to a controller (space/physical issues), I think I will have limited success.  But could be fun.
Or do survival - but that is a completely different game (kinda).

Thoughts?

...gene

I understand the pain. I've burnt out on TD a couple times. I usually take up to a couple months to come back, fall in love again, and just play the living sh*t out of it. I'm kinda burning out again also. Because, like you, the GEs. They were great, but I put a lot of hours in, and now I'm slowing down... Been playing Assassins Creed 3 more.

I personally like visiting survival. I have more hours into that than underground, or any other DLC. For awhile, the ONLY thing I would play is survival. I loved it, and still do, but not as hardcore as I did.

9 hours ago, DeadSockPuppet said:

I HAS RETURNED!!!!!

Who the hell let you out of your coffin?

• Upvote 1

genedjr    341
5 hours ago, Callsign_Gloves said:

^^^^^  simply hilarious! But Gloves, how did you know?

...gene

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, genedjr said:

^^^^^  simply hilarious! But Gloves, how did you know?

...gene

We don't discuss how I know, gene. And if you ever figure out how I do... I will have to make arrangements for you...

• Upvote 2

Oh. daesu    1,289
14 hours ago, Callsign_Gloves said:

PSA: Nails are over-rated. Go with the scews.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Oh. daesu said:

PSA: Nails are over-rated. Go with the scews.

Go with the rivets my friend. They can hold anything together. Except the Titantic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CO1-LFC    2

Hiya everyone, sorry to hijack the thread but it’s a recently used one! I’m a returning season 1 player who’s LFG/Clan to play with. My user is CO1-LFC and if you  can help at all it would be much appreciated, thanks!

• Upvote 1

DeadSockPuppet    1,322
8 minutes ago, CO1-LFC said:

Hiya everyone, sorry to hijack the thread but it’s a recently used one! I’m a returning season 1 player who’s LFG/Clan to play with. My user is CO1-LFC and if you  can help at all it would be much appreciated, thanks!

@CO1-LFC you should check out the Groups thread for LFG and clans:

http://www.thedivisionforums.com/forum/32-find-groups/

• Upvote 3

genedjr    341

We I am reviving this post again as, once again I am burned out on TD.  I am still looking forward to TD2 and will get the standard version at launch.  But for now, I am playing Warframe.

I think having the survival based shield pushed me over the edge as (for me) that is very hard content that I really don't enjoy.  I do plan to do it, but for now, I am taking a long break.

...gene

• Like 1

RimBlock    624

I am sorta in the same boat (burnout) but on Survival I am the reverse.  I have liked it but the risk / reward is seriously low for the time you spend so I rarely played.  Now days, however, there is not really much meaningful reward in the LZ / DZ either when you are pretty much geared up.  Survival is a bit more random than just grinding set missions where you know the location of all the enemies etc so it is a bit more of a sense of achievement when you go through it and get out.  The Hunter battle at the end really gets the blood running after all that time spent.  I recorded my last run so I may edit and upload, possibly just the last Hunter battle to give some others some ideas if solo.

Survival is more or less all I am playing at the moment but I tend to play solo PvE and teaming with randoms can be frustrating for the other stuff.  Guess it sorta suits me at this time.  The Hunter battle at the end really gets the blood running after all that time spent.

Really didn't like Warframe that much.  So many different MAT types with so many combinations needed for different parts and multiple parts needed for an item.  Finding the right Mats for Div blueprints was bad enough in the past.  This just seems massively worse, unless you want to pay pretty high costs (ie more than a top tier game) for an item (Warframe suit).  I do appreciate it is free to play and gets updated often but the grind is extreme unless you are willing to throw the cash at it.  The kids love it though.

Currently getting back in to Dying Light and some good old zombie thumping with various home made weapons.

• Upvote 1

Oh. daesu    1,289

Yeah, I find starting Warframe best just to look at blueprints which mats are obtainable. Got suck into buying one blueprint that has mats on planets not accessible to me for quite a while.

Jaypeg    241

DZ is not what it used  to be since the latest patch. Personally I think they’ve ruined it by making it a hive of nomad and pred , two of the cheesiest builds in the game.

im playing ghost recon wildlands on ghost mode , it’s a lot of fun especially with the permadeath element. 

DeadSockPuppet    1,322

I’ve been spending all my time on homework since the last week of August. I’ll be in this MBA program for 2 years, so I’m not sure how much time I’ll get to game going forward. My daughter and I spend about 2 hrs between Fri & Sat night on the PS4, but TD isn’t an option. Currently we’re playing Spider-Man and having a blast.