• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Back to the DarkZone While It Lasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Thought I'd return to the Dark Zone before it's gone as we have known it.

Oh, it has been a while for me, must admit ashamedly. Died twice on my first attempts to extract. Bit rusty.

Clearing Landmarks:

So you get extra loot which goes to your inventory in a non itemized kinda way. Nothing major. Plus extra exp. Anything else? No creds keys or divtech? It's fun, but just weighing up the value.

Contamination Events:

Worthwhile for a solo player? Any tips?

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Thought I'd return to the Dark Zone before it's gone as we have known it.

Oh, it has been a while for me, must admit ashamedly. Died twice on my first attempts to extract. Bit rusty.

Clearing Landmarks:

So you get extra loot which goes to your inventory in a non itemized kinda way. Nothing major. Plus extra exp. Anything else? No creds keys or divtech? It's fun, but just weighing up the value.

Contamination Events:

Worthwhile for a solo player? Any tips?
Div Tech is in loot boxes in certain areas, I'm tending to concentrate on DZ08 & DZ09 currently. I teleport into DZ08 (west), I can exit and immediately farm Cleaners, move East along the top road to the East side and in the blocks along there (mainly contaminated areas) you'll find Div Tech. 

Clearing Landmarks gives you uncontaminated loot so you don't need to extract as well.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
You can get div tech from caches and they are floating about all over the map, just as a singular peice. I normally run the landmarks getting div tech and caches on the way, and throw in a supply drop. 

You get the div tech from Caches once you have extracted them...if the map is busy, go to an extraction and trigger it then jog on to another one.

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Question as I can't remember - Supply Drops: Are the caches/items "clean" or need extracting after?

quinch1199

Contaminated  :3_grin:
Well that's lame... they're all fresh items, air dropped inside sealed containers, you fight through a wave of Ai and players to get them...then you have to do the same again to extract them? Pfft! Not worth that junk. 

EDIT - Stopped being lazy and looked online and found this "The supply drops will occur multiple times over the course of the day and will contain non-contaminated gear. This means you won’t have to extract the loot inside and can using it straight away"

...so not contaminated gear, though reading through most of the items inside are actually junk with a REALLY small % chance of gear set items or even HE weapons, not sure if that's been changed in the last couple of patches though. Still...if they have Div Tech & Phx Credits inside it'll likely be worth a short gun battle for. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements