• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

LIVE FROM 1.8!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Tempted to post loads of pictures from the PTS but ... they'd be spoilers even though I'm pulling at the lead to show you one item in particular!!!!

If you beg I'll do it....

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Just downloading now.  20 minutes remaining.

West side pier and optimisation are two area I want to take a look at.

Annnnd.... its done.  Time to jump in.

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Ok, enough for tonight.

West Side Pier is good but the respawn rate is unreal.  1-2 minutes after killing a mob then another appears.

There seem to be a nubmer of ways to get in to the area.  You do not have to go through the safe house.

Not found a way on to Intrapid yet but I am guessing that game mode is not yet opened.

The new Exotics are ok.  I ran with the new machine gun for a while and it worked pretty well.

Liked the optimisation.

Firecrest is also quite fun with 6 pieces.

Tact Auth does not seem to have a 6th piece talent listed...

Seems there is an underground area where you have to set / defuse bombs but the bombs are not active yet and there are no AI down there.

There are also a number of roof top areas so a bit of verticalitiy like the new DZ areas from previous patches.

Over all quite good but no team items in there so not sure how it will work with groups.

I was in WT4 when loggin in and moved up to WT 5.  I cannot recall what the live game WT top elvel currently is.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
May not download the PTS. So very interested in what you guys comeback with.

Normally I try it even out of guilt if not curiosity. People seem to be going nutziod for the pts , so plenty testers.

RimBlock

So just tried Skirmish.... still not a fan of PvP.

Matchmaking put me and one other person against a team of 3 with two of the people over level 40 in PvP.  Needless to say they just rush and pop Tach Link and we went down.  they won 15 vs 3.  I could hardly damage them with my LVOA-C.  Nomad 6 piece reall didn't help.

I would say matchmaking is very missmatched at this point.

quinch1199

So just tried Skirmish.... still not a fan of PvP.

Matchmaking put me and one other person against a team of 3 with two of the people over level 40 in PvP.  Needless to say they just rush and pop Tach Link and we went down.  they won 15 vs 3.  I could hardly damage them with my LVOA-C.  Nomad 6 piece reall didn't help.

I would say matchmaking is very missmatched at this point.
Limited players on the PTS means the match maker isn't going to go so well, phase 2 will likely have Resistance live for us to test so better for PvE players like us. 

RimBlock

Yep, will wait until then.

How are you finding the respawn times in the PTS for the LZ mobs.  Seems really fast to me but then it also keeps me in the action and I have found myself in between 3 mobs now and then which was interesting as a solo Agent.

quinch1199

Yep, will wait until then.

How are you finding the respawn times in the PTS for the LZ mobs.  Seems really fast to me but then it also keeps me in the action and I have found myself in between 3 mobs now and then which was interesting as a solo Agent.
The way I view it and how I described it in my video is that this is the Dark Zone for Light Zone players... I can't say I "like" the dynamic spawns and I hope it gets tweaked before release BUT I can see the reasoning behind it. Its to make an area of the LZ much more like the Dark Zone but more unpredictable.

I'll get used to it, I just need to take more ammo out with me! 

quinch1199

Personally, i'm a simple man and I'm just hugely excited that an MG42 will be in the game 

RimBlock

Wonder how well it will go with Firecrest.  Quite a lot of fire ammo flying through the air with that combo.

quinch1199

I think I've got the one I have in the PTS up to 1,100rpm and I don't know about consoles but its pretty controllable still if you empty the magazine in two long bursts. It would certainly be worthwhile creating a build around it if you can get one with good rolls. 

quinch1199

I'm guessing a few people will mention that this is likely actually the more modern MG3, however, the length of the barrel indicates more to me its the old MG42 as it had a shorter barrel than the 1960's MG3. That said there's no real way to scale it or guess correctly .... but I like the nostalgia aspect lol! 

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
I'm guessing a few people will mention that this is likely actually the more modern MG3, however, the length of the barrel indicates more to me its the old MG42 as it had a shorter barrel than the 1960's MG3. That said there's no real way to scale it or guess correctly .... but I like the nostalgia aspect lol! 
Just need a good old gimpy now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements