Jump to content

Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
quinch1199

LIVE FROM 1.8!

Recommended Posts

quinch1199    1,758

Tempted to post loads of pictures from the PTS but ... they'd be spoilers even though I'm pulling at the lead to show you one item in particular!!!!

If you beg I'll do it....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
RimBlock    572

Just downloading now.  20 minutes remaining.

West side pier and optimisation are two area I want to take a look at.

Annnnd.... its done.  Time to jump in.

Edited by RimBlock
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quinch1199    1,758
16 hours ago, Oh. daesu said:

Optimization

Nope but I can say one huge thing...

THE DISCO IS BACK IN THE UNDERGROUND!!!!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RimBlock    572

Ok, enough for tonight.

West Side Pier is good but the respawn rate is unreal.  1-2 minutes after killing a mob then another appears.

There seem to be a nubmer of ways to get in to the area.  You do not have to go through the safe house.

Not found a way on to Intrapid yet but I am guessing that game mode is not yet opened.

The new Exotics are ok.  I ran with the new machine gun for a while and it worked pretty well.

Liked the optimisation.

Firecrest is also quite fun with 6 pieces.

Tact Auth does not seem to have a 6th piece talent listed...

Seems there is an underground area where you have to set / defuse bombs but the bombs are not active yet and there are no AI down there.

There are also a number of roof top areas so a bit of verticalitiy like the new DZ areas from previous patches.

Over all quite good but no team items in there so not sure how it will work with groups.

I was in WT4 when loggin in and moved up to WT 5.  I cannot recall what the live game WT top elvel currently is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh. daesu    1,239

May not download the PTS. So very interested in what you guys comeback with.

Normally I try it even out of guilt if not curiosity. People seem to be going nutziod for the pts , so plenty testers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RimBlock    572

So just tried Skirmish.... still not a fan of PvP.

Matchmaking put me and one other person against a team of 3 with two of the people over level 40 in PvP.  Needless to say they just rush and pop Tach Link and we went down.  they won 15 vs 3.  I could hardly damage them with my LVOA-C.  Nomad 6 piece reall didn't help.

I would say matchmaking is very missmatched at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quinch1199    1,758
11 hours ago, RimBlock said:

So just tried Skirmish.... still not a fan of PvP.

Matchmaking put me and one other person against a team of 3 with two of the people over level 40 in PvP.  Needless to say they just rush and pop Tach Link and we went down.  they won 15 vs 3.  I could hardly damage them with my LVOA-C.  Nomad 6 piece reall didn't help.

I would say matchmaking is very missmatched at this point.

Limited players on the PTS means the match maker isn't going to go so well, phase 2 will likely have Resistance live for us to test so better for PvE players like us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RimBlock    572

Yep, will wait until then.

 

How are you finding the respawn times in the PTS for the LZ mobs.  Seems really fast to me but then it also keeps me in the action and I have found myself in between 3 mobs now and then which was interesting as a solo Agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quinch1199    1,758
2 hours ago, RimBlock said:

Yep, will wait until then.

 

How are you finding the respawn times in the PTS for the LZ mobs.  Seems really fast to me but then it also keeps me in the action and I have found myself in between 3 mobs now and then which was interesting as a solo Agent.

The way I view it and how I described it in my video is that this is the Dark Zone for Light Zone players... I can't say I "like" the dynamic spawns and I hope it gets tweaked before release BUT I can see the reasoning behind it. Its to make an area of the LZ much more like the Dark Zone but more unpredictable.

I'll get used to it, I just need to take more ammo out with me! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quinch1199    1,758

Personally, i'm a simple man and I'm just hugely excited that an MG42 will be in the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh. daesu    1,239
1 hour ago, quinch1199 said:

Personally, i'm a simple man and I'm just hugely excited that an MG42 will be in the game 

Do you need to switch barrels instead of the reloading animation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quinch1199    1,758
38 minutes ago, Oh. daesu said:

Do you need to switch barrels instead of the reloading animation?

unfortunately not but with 1,000 RPM (basic!) and 100 round box magazine...you tend to have to reload a lot lol! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh. daesu    1,239
14 minutes ago, quinch1199 said:

unfortunately not but with 1,000 RPM (basic!) and 100 round box magazine...you tend to have to reload a lot lol! 

Missed opportunity. Could had it progressively glowing red, until the switch over animation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quinch1199    1,758
38 minutes ago, Oh. daesu said:

Missed opportunity. Could had it progressively glowing red, until the switch over animation.

Oh....it glows...boy does it glow!! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RimBlock    572

Wonder how well it will go with Firecrest.  Quite a lot of fire ammo flying through the air with that combo.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quinch1199    1,758

I think I've got the one I have in the PTS up to 1,100rpm and I don't know about consoles but its pretty controllable still if you empty the magazine in two long bursts. It would certainly be worthwhile creating a build around it if you can get one with good rolls. 

Edited by quinch1199

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RimBlock    572

Yep, its fun with Firecreast.

 

 

20170925220746_1 (Medium).jpg

20170925223338_1 (Medium).jpg

Edited by RimBlock
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quinch1199    1,758

I'm guessing a few people will mention that this is likely actually the more modern MG3, however, the length of the barrel indicates more to me its the old MG42 as it had a shorter barrel than the 1960's MG3. That said there's no real way to scale it or guess correctly .... but I like the nostalgia aspect lol! 

Edited by quinch1199
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaypeg    232
37 minutes ago, quinch1199 said:

I'm guessing a few people will mention that this is likely actually the more modern MG3, however, the length of the barrel indicates more to me its the old MG42 as it had a shorter barrel than the 1960's MG3. That said there's no real way to scale it or guess correctly .... but I like the nostalgia aspect lol! 

Just need a good old gimpy now..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quinch1199    1,758
10 hours ago, Jaypeg said:

Just need a good old gimpy now..

I was really hoping when they mentioned a "new LMG" that we'd get the good old GPMG. That said, they'll likely ruin it by introducing the full FN version and not the one us ex-stabs know and love! 

GPMG...when you "generally" have to kill everyone.. lol!

Edited by quinch1199
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaypeg    232
45 minutes ago, quinch1199 said:

I was really hoping when they mentioned a "new LMG" that we'd get the good old GPMG. That said, they'll likely ruin it by introducing the full FN version and not the one us ex-stabs know and love! 

GPMG...when you "generally" have to kill everyone.. lol!

It was a beast wasn't it, especially in SF role...I got smacked on the chin by the bloody spring when taking the rear plate off, had to suck that one up???

Edited by Jaypeg
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaypeg    232
46 minutes ago, quinch1199 said:

I was really hoping when they mentioned a "new LMG" that we'd get the good old GPMG. That said, they'll likely ruin it by introducing the full FN version and not the one us ex-stabs know and love! 

GPMG...when you "generally" have to kill everyone.. lol!

Oh and I'm not a stab mate...how insulting ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh. daesu    1,239
50 minutes ago, Jaypeg said:

It was a beast wasn't it, especially in SF role...I got smacked on the chin by the bloody spring when taking the rear plate off, had to suck that one up???

 

48 minutes ago, Jaypeg said:

Oh and I'm not a stab mate...how insulting ?

 Had to look up the TA but knew the SB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quinch1199    1,758
53 minutes ago, Jaypeg said:

Oh and I'm not a stab mate...how insulting ?

that's what she said... lol be fair, I could have said you were Ex-RAF!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×