• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Resistance is not so futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
I gave Resistance a go last night for a couple of matches and here is what I found.

• You open multiple sections with tokens you gather from fallen enemies (we should all know that).
  • Takes 2-3 rounds to get the tokens in order to get to new sections if oyu don't buy other things.
  • The rounds sometimes have disrupt events which knock out your skills, Capture point missions with a timer, infection waves which damage you unless you are protected.
  • People are running up to the enemies and shooting them to grab the tokens or just running and grabbing the tokens from your targets a  lot of the time.
  • Tokens are also needed for special bullets or healthpacks etc (makes the above activities rough if you kill from a distance).
  • Bosses carry bonuses like PXC, GEC and ammo.
  • Ammo is hard to come by.  Not found an ammo location to stock up on.  I ran out of ammo from the new LMG and had to use ammo cache to reload it.
  • It is quite possible, even if you open an area then the team of randoms you are with may not go in to it.  I had this and it was hard to get back.
On the whole I liked it quite alot.  I ended up around wave 12.  The team wiped and I had to stop.  Got 2x Tier 1 and 1x Tier 2 caches.  Nothing of note in them for me.

I found firecrest worked quite well.  May try TA tonight.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I gave Resistance a go last night for a couple of matches and here is what I found.

• People are running up to the enemies and shooting them to grab the tokens or just running and grabbing the tokens from your targets a  lot of the time.

You mean reminiscent of Survival, where you clear the mob and a juicy blue/purple drops and from the shadowy snow, someone runs out and grads it, disappearing into the snowy night. That type of thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Sort of.

Killed enemies drop blue tokens as they do in Last Stand.  These tokens can be used to unlock other areas and power-ups (medkits / special ammo / gun turrets / scanners etc).  If you grab them then you can choose how they are spent.  Someone sitting in cover shooting the enemies has little chance of grabbing and someone else can just nip out and scoop them all up.

The caches of med kits etc have two options (group or personal) with different costs but it defaults to personal and I am unsure at this point how to move between the options.

You get around 20 seconds between waves and in this time you are most likely to be grabbing tokens and paying for things as when the timer runs out you cannot spend, well cannot unlock other areas at least.

I did another couple of rounds last night.

3 person team on the Intrepid.  We did ok, probably up to level 15 or something.  The times I have died, it has been insta death and not crawling bleed out.  Could be as I had all the aggro but hard to tell as the PTS is really laggy for me.  Quite a bit of rubber banding and one minute I am up and firing and the next I am spread all over the floor.

The current new GE on the PTS (Ambush) is ok.  Bonus damage when stationary.  This was meant to promote cover usage but standing still in the center of a parking lot also gets the bonus, or face to face with an enemy.

The other new GE (Strike ??) sounds fun.  Killing enemies cause them to explode (ie. they drop a grenade on death).  This also affects Agents as well which makes bunching up less attractive.  Haven't tried that one though.

Oh and for Resistance, there are 3 areas you can play.  Intrepid (Aircraft carrier), Pier 93 (Container storage area) and Powerhouse.

I tried Pier 93 solo last night (solo not out of choice  :37_disappointed:  ) and got to level 8 (sneaky sniper moved around to one side of me) and I was down after a couple of hits.  Shame as that was the last enemy in that wave.  Made it through unlocking 3 sections, one scanner and one turret.

A couple of issues I noticed (at least one has already been reported), drones can get stuck in containers hanging in the air and enemies just spawn in and can do so right behind you even though there are no doors or other ways for them to get there.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Thanks for that, @RimBlock. You know, speaking as a player abstaining from the PTS. Ambush sounds fair but maybe not so interesting, lol.

Are drones different? They used to have an app with drones Not sure if that relates.

RimBlock

Nope.  Drones are the same as Falcon Lost.  

Found lots of places tokens drop that you cannot get them (top of containers, over water, other places you cannot climb).

Played in the Pier 93 area today.  Died on wave 18 buy respawned outside the start position.  One other player spawned in the Clinton base and two others were still alive.  The game glitches though and no more waves spawned.  

Still a fair few bugs for them to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements