Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
Oh. daesu

Patch 1.8 Talk

Oh. daesu    1,153

How you finding it?

I found with my DivTech hitting cap, I need to open Exotics slowly as I optimise stuff, so as not to waste any. Maybe it's not a big deal but still. So far, mostly Shortbows...

It's probably only worth me optimising classified gear. Until I open all my caches, I might get better exotics than I have so, not point optimising them until later.

In the DZ, I noticed two separate people who seem to want to go rogue on me but guessing the could find the switch, lol. I could here one guy of proximity chat grumbling to himself about how to.

I won't get to try the new content until after my break.

• Upvote 1

Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Jaypeg    210

So far, so good... optimised a couple of builds and I have tweaked my tac build a little. Might be a waste of div tech but it's what I use for legendaries etc.

resistance is fun and I'm finding that my striker build works really well...the stamina buff has made a difference.

i used my DT then opened my exotics..managed to get a house with deadly and responsive, chuffed. Got all the other new weapons but not that great rolls. And about 12 Barrett's and too many bliss holsters. Most if it got deconstructed, but you get DT so that a bonus.

Need to get back in the dz and get some more...

im enjoying it...

Edited by Jaypeg
  • Upvote 2

Oh. daesu    1,153

have to admit, opening caches, getting stuff, optimising gear... really makes it feel like a Christmas patch

• Upvote 1

RimBlock    539

The caches were a pretty big bust for me.  50 opened so far and only 1 new item (allbeit 2 of them)  I am now running with a big Al...

Resistance is better than week 1 PTS but with players all going their own ways with the SHD credits it is hard to consolidate.  Ammo is an issue but I usually run with the ammo cache box although I switch to immu when the virus bursts come.

Time for a bit more Div...

• Upvote 1

DeadSockPuppet    1,266

I still need to play some more before I make up my mind.  Resistance was fun, basically GoW Horde and I had a good time with 3 randoms.  Still figuring out the new gear (no classified gear yet) and GS.  Ran solo DZ for like 45 min and didn’t see anyone, so I could farm some bosses and a supply drop easily. 

• Upvote 1

Oh. daesu    1,153

I did wander into Resistance area for a bit, it said I needed to scan something. Is that something particular in the room or progressing to the next area? I didn't have a lot of time to play.

RimBlock    539

They have laptops around yo uhave to stay by to scan.  Look for the icon in the map and it will pop up once the round starts.

We failed on round 18 as the scan target was behind a locked door :-(.

Tried the Underground yesterday.

The new directives are ok.  The matchmaking is much easier as more people are playing.  The hunter loot is the same as for other bosses in my experience so far.  I have yet to see any classified loot apart from one loot box in Powerhouse which gave me a Deadeye classified I already had.

• Upvote 1

Oh. daesu    1,153

Oh ok. Thanks for that. I saw the laptop symbol but it was beyond the current room so wasn't sure it was a part Resistance or the Intercept The Hacking mission out side. 

Oh. daesu    1,153
2 minutes ago, DeadSockPuppet said:

I think I’m going to try and jump in for some more exploration with @Voyager42 tonight.  Still no classy gear and my GS is like 274 or 276, so I’ve got a lot to grind. 

Next GE starts Tuesday. That's the best way tbh. Farming is difficult to build a complete set, considering there's 8 classies now, and I guess 12 when next week's finish.  If you get 2 of the same sets you can just go ninja BP and have a solid build.

Me, I'm away so miss my chance at my fav predators mark. 

genedjr    248

OK, not happy

All toons were set to WT4 - took 30 min to realize that.

Gear scores changed - all toons above 256 before doing anything - to me that is BS.  It means that this drop was not part of the main game design.

Gear stats "seemed" to have changed - not sure, but RPM, damage, effective range - you name it.  My perception (mild complaint).

Environmentals - close snowflakes seem to be bigger - seem - other non-tangibles seem different not better or worse, just different.

Only done a walk around as RealWorld has intruded.

Again - not happy.  But ...  More testing

...gene

• Upvote 1

RimBlock    539

Yeah bug drops everyone in to WT4 after the update.

Gearscores are related to the 'quality' of the items.  The quality is now a lot more granular.

Gloves weapon damage has changed from actual damage amount to a % but apart from that I have not noticed any changes but then I have not really been monitoring.

Have found three loot caches for classified gear chances (one for each Resistance map).  Think there are more though.

Running a 5 piece reclaimer for resistance now which seems to work quite well.  Have got a few classifieds from Resistance loot boxes, one or two are actually usefull.

• Upvote 1

Jaypeg    210
9 hours ago, genedjr said:

OK, not happy

All toons were set to WT4 - took 30 min to realize that.

Gear scores changed - all toons above 256 before doing anything - to me that is BS.  It means that this drop was not part of the main game design.

Gear stats "seemed" to have changed - not sure, but RPM, damage, effective range - you name it.  My perception (mild complaint).

Environmentals - close snowflakes seem to be bigger - seem - other non-tangibles seem different not better or worse, just different.

Only done a walk around as RealWorld has intruded.

Again - not happy.  But ...  More testing

...gene

Having gear above 256 is a good thing , it means you have better specs... which means less div tech to use. I had max 4000 and it was gone in under ten mins, gettting div tech to max gear seems to be the thing now, especially with the low amount you get in the LZ.

one thing I will say before optimizing is check your gloves on all your load outs as mine were reset due to the change to weapon %.

good tip when you need a few DT is to craft a low exotic weapon as you get 1 DT every time you dismantle.

I’ve not noticed any change in rpm or damage ...

as rimbkock says , reclaimer is required for resistance...you also need some strong dps players for when the hunters arrive.

to me this has been a long overdue update I’m really pleased with what they have done

• Upvote 1

Jaypeg    210
20 hours ago, g1nt3r said:

Hmmm I wouldn’t know, Went to play with my main on my Xbox and got delta error... annoying

Had that a few times and had to restart lex four times due it freezing. 

genedjr    248

OK, still annoyed that the gear stats changed when I logged on - again piss poor game planning.  but...

It's still way fun. Did underground on normal (with many adult beverages LOL)- no hunters. Very fun - 150GE per - no worries.
Too tired to do more tonight - again still fun - and yes I am still annoyed.

Just for me - I think these updates are awesome - but I wonder why such really expensive content is not $5+.........

It's probably the maintenance costs but I don't know.

...gene

• Upvote 1