Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
RimBlock

Resistance Tips and Tricks...

RimBlock    624

So what are your tips for Resistance.

Here are some of mine, basic concept of farming taken from MarcoStyles video but these are the ones I have used and appear to work well.

Carrier

Farm in the first building until 1 minute before the end of the Data Breach round.  

• Enemies are easy and confined.  
  • A good Reclaimer can cover most of the main area with one health kit.
  • You may need to hoard the tokens if the rest of the team are unresponsive (different languages etc).  They are generally fine once they get the idea.

Run and do the data breach.

My main two options are then go to;

Last building at the far end.

• Loot box inside with lots of chests for ammo etc around.
  • Only a couple of doors to defend.
  • Fire turrets at the door to that building help with the rushers.
  • No sensor or turrets.
  • Beware some enemies sometime spawn inside (had all 4 agents appear in there of one round).

Second main door on the carrier

• Shipping container inside with a loot box.
  • Turret close
  • The corridor around the back is a sensor station with only two points of entry which can be good for defence.

General

• Farm the boss levels but taking the bosses armour away then leaving them and farming the other enemies until 1 min or so and then take the bosses.  Exception would be the 4 Rogue Agent bosses.

Pier 93

Farm the initial building again.

Three main areas;

On the left through the containers

• In one container is a loot box
  • There is a path through to the other side where there are two cranes with gantries.  
  • One crane has a sensor next to it and the other has a turret.  
  • Two people on each seems to work fairly well.  
  • Ammo and meds are available in the path through the containers.

On the right side is a building.  

• You can go inside or up on the top.
  • If you go inside there is a sensor and turret.  
  • At the turret end is a door to AV room, in the av room is a turret and another door to a loot box.
  • The av room can get hectic if your not careful.

At the end is a rubbish (trash) area

• Sensor here.
  • Two turrets in the area just before it.
  • Two main paths to protect although the enemies can overlook and shoot from high objects.
  • I believe there is a loot chest here but have not found it.

Powerhouse

Again, firm the first area

Do the data breach until you can open the doors by the data terminals.

Go all the way to the back where there is a big room with two tunnels and a sensor at the far side.

• One tunnel on that side has a loot box.
  • The other tunnels have enemies spawning.
  • The sensor can be pretty handy.
  • 3 directions need defending (left and right of that platform and the one tunnel behind).
  • Data breaches mean going to other rooms.
  • The tunnel between the other rooms and this large room is a good choke point for fire turrets and flash bombs.

For builds;

• A Reclaimer is pretty much mandatory.  I run with a 5 piece as I am still after the Reclaimer holster and it works pretty well.  The talent where a kill extends your skill by 10% also helps a lot.  First 4 rounds I can go through with only a single support station drop.  I have 9k SP and a Caduceus which gives everyone 900 health per crit hit.
  • A Sentries Call is also pretty good as the stacks help amplify everyones damage.  I also have Toxic on my fast firing pistol (not the 93R) which also can help alot.
  • A Strikers is great for time to kill.

Any other tips and tricks you have picked up ?.

I will try to post some pics for a better understanding when I get a chance.

Oh, have seen some token hoarders as well.  Killing and taking the tokens but never spending.  One guy we ended up kicking for this after a number of request o spend the 5k+ tokens he had to unlock the loot box.

Edited by RimBlock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Oh. daesu    1,289

Which is the best to start on? Or is it simply the order list (which is also the distance from Camp Clinton)?

Oh. daesu    1,289

At the beginning, use the weapon types that you're not reliant on. This way you save ammo, as you will spend SHD to reload.

P.S. The Showstopper is excellent again.

RimBlock    624

Most players seem to be in Carrier.

Up until the first contamination event they are staying in the first reception centre to funnel the enemies as much as possible jumping out for the data breach when needed.  On the contamination event it is charge to the end building, open it (takes around 7.5k IIRC) and hunker down there for the rest.

Next most popular is the Pier 93.  Quickest way to the loot cache room in the building on the right is out the starting building and directly right to the end and up the ladder.  From the top facing the wall turn right and open those doors.  You are then in the Turret room with the cache loot box room just off of that under the stairs.  You can go in the main doors on the ground floor for the big building with the senor and turret big room but have to open another door on ground level to get to the other turret room door.

For the first few rounds, try running with the pistol only :6_smile:.  Sentries FTW :71_smiling_imp:.  The contamination event level can be a bit more challenging due to enemy numbers but the ones before it are pretty easy.

Give me a ping when you are on if you want to run through a few together.

• Upvote 1

Oh. daesu    1,289

Carrier prolly a shorter walk, and sounds cooler. :4_joy:

Only run the Carrier so far (once for Powerhouse but kind-of just strayed into it when exploring WSP, so that doesn't count).

I've had people go into the main hanger/storage, the furthermost bay and also the prolonged stay in reception area.

I have misgivings about staying in the reception area after the data breach. The coke point is rather messy as the ai can enter through the side door blind and rush the group from either behind, the left, and even over the top. And the drones can fly through the ventilation slots near the roof (at least I think that's how they magically appear floating above or behind us). So, not much of a coke point.

Plus, I find the various groups decamping from the reception area is problematic as there's always ai harrying the those still leaving. It is never really a clean exit. Likely someone needs rescuing or reviving, which complicates the next wave. 

Having said that, I'm not sure whether there is more SHD potential if it is a faster way to kill them. I heard some puggers question this, not that I know. Just a noob. So, a shit-fight at reception might be more rewarding than a clean approach.

The furthest storage seems straight forward. Tho, I've only reached wave 14. So, maybe the turret in the first bay is worth it. I'e heard the furthest is better to proceeding to the control room. Tho, one again, I've only reached wave 14. So, grains of salt.

Getting past wave 14 seems to be reliant on a good Reclaimer, and no quitters. But, you'd know more about that, since you're up in the leaderboard, nice!

My favorite build has to be LS with Big Alejandro/Showstopper. Prolly another reason I don't like the prolonged stay in the reception area. Let the ai come out into the open ... <insert evil laugh>.

I'll ping you maybe on the weekend, most likely tz alignment.

RimBlock    624

I used to always go to the far bay on the carrier as it has the turret, entrance to the back walkway with the sensor station which has only two ways in and there is a loot crate in the cargo container in that bay.

The problem with the back walkway is that the shotgunners can rush you and we would get overwhelmed.  Having both turrets up helped (from Bay 1 and 2) but then less tokens for the loot crate and having to try and defend them.

For the reception area, if you hang by the desk near the entrance and put a turret by the exit doors and another by the room to the left with the sofas it gives some time to handle the mobs when they spawn.  Having some spawn outside is a pain but it works well enough rather than having to run all over the place to get all the enemies.  I first thought it was crazy but everyone now seems to be doing it and there is no point going alone :37_disappointed:.

There is another area that seems popular for Powerhouse.  In the big long room with the first data breach, right down at the far end is a bit room with a raised area and only two ways in.  People are now fighting it out here and it allows you to move around quite a bit so we had two of us running and gunning whilst two others were managing the healing and ... something else I guess.  Again a turret at each entry point worked quite well.

Out of that room and down the stairs, till you get to the lowest level has a door in the wall that leads to a tunnel.  Off that tunnel is a room with all the ammo boxes etc and a loot crate.  The tunnel has two ways in so having two people defend each way in may work but there is no cover so mobile cover may be needed.

I am running with either Sentries or Reclaimer (same agent has both sets) depending on other team members or Pred Mark.  Both Sentry and Pred are good for damage for slightly different play styles.  The people who consistently get higher kills though are running Strikers.

For the leaderboards, I found Carrier was the hardest of the three.  Took me a good number of tries to get there.  Now it is harder with the quitters who just bail.

Sure ping me or I will try and catch you at the weekend.

Oh. daesu    1,289

Run Powerhouse w/ @RimBlock and his Reclaimer build got more kills than my LS (sigh...the shame, the shame, lol)

Powerhouse is more of the rabbit warren than the Carrier. I made a point of following someone when leaving camp, just so I knew I'd have someone to follow back. :4_joy:  

RimBlock    624

Haha, only the first run was my Reclaimer where we lost the databreach :37_disappointed:.  The Reclaimer needs backup though when going higher level as a single gold shotgunner is too much for me to burn through with my main AR but the it is built for crits (as they give the team 9k health each) rather than actual damage.

The second run was Sentries which is very nice and almost maxed out (GS 287) but the guys running Strikers are still another level on top of that.

In that last room, if you hang back where I was and drop a turret you can funnel the AI as they come in and there are more or less a single column.  Another turret to cover the other entrance and we are usually pretty set.  Running outside like the other guy was caused spawns all over the place and then it becomes a bit of a mess and we have to go hunting.

The data breach wave with snipers was unlucky...  Haven't had that before on that map.  Having to run out after them all the time cut the numbers down big time.  We could have got the 3rd chest if it was not for that.

There is another chest which works out a bit cheaper than the one we went to when you get the the third opening but it is a bit of a run away and sometimes hard to coordinate people,

especially when they tend to leave or just stand and die after the second opening.

I have not explored a lot of the Powerhouse as people have the go to places and routes now so don't want to risk anything else.

Oh and keeping the last bed guy alive allows you to collect and move to other locations without starting the timer for the next wave :6_smile:.

Was a good run.

Oh. daesu    1,289

I've run Strikers and LS in Carrier. And the LS build holds up well in dps terms based on the number of kills. (Actually quite like kill summary.) Though maybe Carrier has more new agents, all things being relative.

Though in Powerhouse not many. Maybe because it was a first run and I was moving too much or maybe a lmg not the best in that setting. 

RimBlock    624

I sometimes run Pred Mk in there and it melts pretty well up until a point.  It does slow down at burst kills as you move through higher levels quite markedly.  The bleed has less and less effect and it is not ideal for PvE anyway.  It also burns through ammo with the Bullfrog and House :1_grinning:.  The plus side, I can face tank and run around quite a lot with 9k Stamina.

I find the killer for Resistance is being able to quickly burn down or stall shotgunners or melee enemies or they will swamp you.  Apart from that, some contamination protection and being able to quickly focus and kill the hunters one at a time.

Final thought :6_smile:, protect your healer.  If they go down then there is a reasonable chance the whole team will fail.

Oh. daesu    1,289

I'll..umm.. just have to take your word on the Pred and Das Haus,for now. :3_grin:

Only have a 5pc Reclaimer atm. Could move that to my toon with the Striker. Atm it's on my toon with the Sentrys and unfortunately I'm just not good at sniping.