• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What would you like to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Title says is all, what would you people like to see in the upcoming sequel, The Division 2?!

Last edited by a moderator:

genedjr

Community Elite
So how about Chicago, or Detroit, or Denver, or Paris, or Moscow, or Rio?  But there is alot of NYC left to play with.

Better micro-transactions - the vanity stuff is hogwash.
- Say $5 for +50 stash,
- $5 for another toon,
- $1 for a specific outfit
- $1 to reset re-calibration
- $2 for 200 item backpack capacity
Things that make play more fun but do not provide a in-game advantage.

More severe weather.  That is not just foggy/snowy, but sleet/rain/wind that impacts bullet travel, running, finding loot.
Add realistic ballistics in a new set of guns - as example a marksman rifle that does 300K base damage but has drop and roll off like a real rifle.
Pistols that are not useless. 6 round grenade launchers!
More hunters in more places.
Looting all gear from the dead - even if the gear is not functional it should be able to be deconstructed.
Sorting options for backpack and stash.
There are far more names than "Alex".  I would think people off the street would love to be a random voice for a game - "hey here's $5 can you say... into the mic?"
The ability to change the site reticle (color/type) - yeah I know there is a little variance with scope types, but not enough.
In line with that, be more granular with crafting - I would like more control over what I craft than a dice roll.

Really challenging missions designed for solo play, duo play.  While the scaling in TD is very good, this would really focus (and limit) on solo/duo play.

Better interaction with the civilians - when you see someone in distress be able to provide help.  When we see a guy announce in the window that there are bad guys, be able to interact and ask about the bad guys.  Be able to guide people to safe houses and have them stay there.  See NPCs open shops as you progress through the game and regain control of sections of the city.  More diverse NPC scenes - there are currently very few NPC scenes.  Alot more, new, changing dialog for "Ricky".

Be able to move non-NPC corpses to the side and pose them with dignity - or cremate them.  It would be another aspect of the game to returning to "normalcy".

And I never understood the zillions of vehicles that cannot be used for anything.  And the forever batteries in those useless vehicles.  Shooting out lights should stay shot for at least the active session.  Same with glass.

On the technical side, I hope the updated gaming engine does not require more GPU power.  With GPU prices through the roof and availability very low I would think GPU requirements should stay the same of be slightly lower.  If a GTX 1050 TI could drive TD2 at 1080p/60fps/medium that would be grand - but not holding my breath.

...gene

genedjr

Community Elite
good god - no other suggestions?  I mine are perfect  :4_joy:  but Shirly ( :21_kissing_closed_eyes: ) there are others!

...gene

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I posted elsewhere, and don't call me Shirley!   :4_joy:

Had to get thay old pun in. Lol

I don't mind something northern and foreign. So, Tokyo would be fab.

Like the snow and mega city feel. That's just me.

The rest, I worry they'll screw up what I like in trying to create something fresh. It makes me feel somewhat conservative. The old timers in this site prolly familiar with the idea of a good game being remade in crap V2.

DZ is a prime example.  Just hate the idea of it becoming over structure d in play. 

So, the same but more. 

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
I expect Ubisoft will first begin running the servers for the game on potatoes with sticks of RAM in them. If they could not do that, that would be fantastic. So like @Oh. daesu, I fear they're going to fuck something, if not most things, up. At least at first. Maybe they'll fix stuff later on.

I do like the Washington D.C. rumor. Perhaps because I'm a bit bias, but I do feel like it would be a good location. Not quite like NYC. Bit more open, mainly on the mall. I think you could have some pretty awesome battles on the mall. The metro system there I am familiar with also. Maybe kind of have those underground tunnels, like the subway tunnels we have now? Although, D.C.'s stations are a bit bigger. I feel like that would also give them plenty of opportunity to expand the map in time. With the system going out into the Maryland and Virginia metro areas also.

Other locations? London, Seattle, I do like the idea of Tokyo, but I think that may even be more crowded together than NYC.

All I got for now. I want more information on the game before I say anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements