Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
RimBlock

Year 3 content.

RimBlock    609

So the State of the Game has announced the stuff for year 3 along with the news of The Division 3 (reveal to be at E3).

Details are in the SOTG post by @Oh. daesu.

What are you most looking forward to ?.

I like the idea of the new Legendaries (4 in total) and of course the better drop rates for Classifieds.  New GEs are nice and will be watching out for what Blackout will entail.  Biggest thing that will have me grinding away though is the Shields which give rewards in the second game.

The only other thing known about The Division 2 is that it sure will be pretty.  This is one area the teams have never let us down on from my point of view.

Roll on year 3.

Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
genedjr    337

I really like the global events - new ones will be cool.
I like being able to optimize.  But I hate that DT mostly requires DZ visits.  So I am looking forward to that fix.
I like the variety.  If you get tired of running the missions, you can hit underground, or survival, or camp clinton, or HVT.  This is a very big game.
On TD2 - I hope the updated game engine does more to optimize graphics, with the way the GPU situation is right now, requiring a higher end GPU will lower people buying TD2. 

Let's get some year 3!

...gene

RimBlock    609
Posted (edited)

Ran the missions a bit over the weekend for Assault as I only have 3 Striker pieces.  Opened 6 caches and only got 2 Striker pieces of which only 1 was Classified and I already had a better one.

I like Assault, my Reclaimer can just drop stations and face tank most Challenging guys close range but the rewards are just so disappointing.  

Roll on 1.8.1 with the reward realignment.

I am sitting on 280 Div Tech at the moment (plus a chunk which can be used to get more via the Damascus build / scrap cycle).  Not really spending it as my Reclaimer and Sentry builds are around 98% complete (a touch more armour here and there) and have not really started optimising other sets yet.

Looking forward to the 'big legendary' coming... hopefully it is the UN mission.

Edited by RimBlock

Oh. daesu    1,285

Tried Blackout. You need to be moving for Stun to prop (effectively). Bad news for Sentry, so ymmv whether taht's a bad thing. Of course, it's pragmatically not fantastic as we aren't talking dmg, just stun. The animation for some of the stuns is cool. Small note, but stuns can be a bit cheesy. Not sure of the crowd control for a mission. I imagine everyone moving forward.. would without focus fire. Single person can burst each one in a mob but you want kills.

RimBlock    609

Just been through the 1.8.1 patch notes you posted.  Some good and some ok.

Have left in only the items I have comments for.  More items are listed.  Go check out the News article @Oh. daesu posted for the full list.

Game Changes

• Division Tech increases <-- Div tech is gonna be raining down from everywhere it seems.
    • Daily Combat, Crafting, Survival and Dark Zone Quests now reward the player with 25 Div Tech each.
    • Weekly Open World and Weekly Underground Assignments reward the player with 100 Div Tech each.
    • Season Pass Supply Drops now award 100 Division Tech.
  • Global Events Vendor
    • Bosses in the Resistance game mode now award 100 Global Event tokens. <-- Not sure on this.  It wont push people to stay longer.  Two cache boxes and people will still bail I think.  Possibly even sooner if Classified is now becoming available elsewhere...
  • Classified Gear Drop Rates
    • Legendary Missions now have a 20% chance to give Classified Gear as a reward at the completion of the mission <-- About time.
    • Season Pass Supply Drops now have a 10% chance to drop Classified Gear. <-- Ok.  Would have been happy with just the Div Tech here.
  • Classified Gear
    • Classified Firecrest 6 piece talent now gives immunity to the player’s own fire. <-- Well Duh.  Why did this take so looooong ....... Think we will see it being used a bit more now.

Bit disappointing by Blackout.  Hoped it would involve lighting and being blinded etc not just shocked and shocking others.

May not have a chance to try the PTS.  My desk is full of Li-Ion batteries, soldering bits, electronic boards and charred skin.  Maybe I will take a look at the weekend if it is still around.

BROGOD    220

Seems like Division really started getting their shit together. Some of the new updates I've been reading seem really healthy. 

RimBlock    609

Lets hope The Division 2 does not put them back at the bottom of that 2 year ladder again :14_relaxed:

genedjr    337
On 3/13/2018 at 0:21 AM, RimBlock said:

on Tech increases <-- Div tech is gonna be raining down from everywhere it seems.

• Daily Combat, Crafting, Survival and Dark Zone Quests now reward the player with 25 Div Tech each.
  • Weekly Open World and Weekly Underground Assignments reward the player with 100 Div Tech each.
  • Season Pass Supply Drops now award 100 Division Tech.

I have been thinking about this (I know, dangerous!) and I believe the up-tick is very deliberate.  As we near TD2 most of the players will be endgame and have several toons maxed out.  This is a perfect time to move to TD2.  Anyway, makes sense to me.  I was prepared for a do this get 5, do that get 10.  This is a huge jump from the present and does not require trips to the DZ.

...gene