Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
genedjr

Optimization

genedjr    341

OK, I have one toon (my Classy Striker) fully optimized.  But wait - that did not apply to the mods - that sucks.  So for mods, it seems to be back to the luck of the draw.

...gene

Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Oh. daesu    1,289

Yep mods you still got to find. So you haven't run out of DT yet?

genedjr    341
4 hours ago, Oh. daesu said:

So you haven't run out of DT yet?

Ran out several times :6_smile: but now I have just under 400 as I am not sure what I want to work on.  The grind to do 30 or so optimize tries was very tiring.  I also maxed my two pakhans on my loanstar build.  But otherwise, I am still debating on what to work on next.

...gene

Jaypeg    241

i think we need to move away from thinking optimizing gear is the be all of a build.. its not, i run with people with 275 gear scores who tear people apart... you could happily run any legendary with 256 gear and still complete it...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DeadSockPuppet    1,322
On 4/13/2018 at 7:22 AM, Jaypeg said:

...you could happily run any legendary with 256 gear and still complete it...

I don't know if I'd run them happily, but I get what you're saying. We ran Legendary missions (Napalm and Times Square) at 256 before classified gear and optimization was a thing. People talk about running solo Legendary missions and I was like that sounds like slamming your wang in a car door, but I didn't think about the fact that most of my builds are like 275-279, so 20 points higher than the last time that I tried running them in a group. I probably won't run them solo, but I might look at running one with randoms.

genedjr    341
On 4/13/2018 at 5:22 AM, Jaypeg said:

i think we need to move away from thinking optimizing gear is the be all of a build.. its not, i run with people with 275 gear scores who tear people apart... you could happily run any legendary with 256 gear and still complete it...

Maybe, but it would be easier for a GS291.  Once you have the build - then optimize it.  And its fun.  My lonestar GS256 can clear any PvE [put challenge level here].  But now that she's 287 its much more powerful and fun.

And its about style - my striker GS291 is much cooler than your striker at GS210. :8_laughing:

But hey - its all about having fun with the game - AND I am.

...gene

• Upvote 1