• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Taking down the hunters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
So with a number of commendations around killing hunters, what have you found to be the best ways to take them down.

Really taking about the underground hunters (on say challenging mode WT5) as the one on top of Madison Hospital is a nightmare and very strong.

I tend to burn them down but 1 mag is usually not enough.  As soon as I finish the mag I tend to use the flashbang sticky to stop then healing and then switch to my other main weapon as it is quicker then reloading most of the time and complete the job.  All the time trying not to get too close.

So how do you do it ?.

genedjr

Community Elite
What gear set are you using?  My striker and nomad (both fully optimized) with bullfrog seem to take the hunter with one 120% extended mag.  Especially is using shock bullets.

...gene

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

I tend to use Nomad as the survivability is really good so I can let me risky side run riot.  Sentries is good but slow firing.

genedjr

Community Elite
Nomad is really good for solo. My fully optimized nomad has 7K firearms, 6K stamina (608K toughness).  I use the bullfrog and showstopper.   For me, in the underground, hunters show right after or just before the section is cleared or starts.  At the end of a section, if the GPS does not show up fairly instantly, there will be hunters.  And there is always the disrupter eliminating skills for a while.

When soloing, I have only seen hunters in pairs (in groups - 3 at a time).  I try and find a spot where I cannot get flanked and where there are enough obstacles the hunters cannot easily close.  This has to be a constant when you play, know where to make a stand against hunters anytime.  I also keep shock grenades handy as I generally don't use grenades very much.  They buy time to get set.

If the bullfrog does not take the hunter with one clip, I switch to the showstopper as this is much faster than reloading. 

As the bullfrog is very accurate but hard to control, I use kinda short bursts very quickly.  In general I take the hunter with one clip, but not always.  Once the hunter closes within say 3m just whale on him.  At 1m he'll try and melee (you'll see him put away his rifle) - dive out of the way, he recovers fairly slowly, again a chance to whale.

As I use a controller - I can beat the hunters more often than not, but it's a iffy proposition.

...gene

RimBlock

Nomad is also good in groups but you loose the insta sig refill.  It still blocks a single Hunter Axe though so you don't go down first time which is nice.

I also have around 7k FA and the rest is split between Stamina and electronics but is weighted for Stamina.  I am running with an M4 and The House.

Hunters come in numbers that equal the number of team members +1 so if solo you will get two, if in a team of 4 you will get 5 etc.

I find on the PC there is quite often a pause after a section is cleared but hunters do not always appear.  I suspect there are differences between the Console and PC version here.  Also Hunters only appear after a section has been cleared.  I have never gone in to a section and hunters are there or appear before any bad guys.

The key on phases with multiple team mates is to focus two or more people per Hunter to burn them down faster.  Everyone going after their own hunter takes much longer especially with team mates who are not damage heavy and can result in an easy wipe if not careful.

I also find that even if diving away from a hunter, if he attacks with the axe before my roll animation completes he will still hit me.  Very frustrating.

genedjr

Community Elite
Hunters come in numbers that equal the number of team members +1 so if solo you will get two, if in a team of 4 you will get 5 etc.

I also find that even if diving away from a hunter, if he attacks with the axe before my roll animation completes he will still hit me.  Very frustrating.
I did not know the count of hunters - thanks.

On Hunter melee, yep - if you wait until the axe/knife is drawn, you are dead.  You must jump as he puts away his rifle and you must jump at least 2m or he just turns and wacks.

...gene

RimBlock

Got my first survival hunter last night.

Fired a flare on top of the mid DZ parking garage and hid on top of the roof of the two small buildings when I noticed there are fences and other junk stopping you sitting there to defend.  I then ran across and jumped down to the side of the left one (helipad to my rear) and a cloud of gas appeared in front and a Hunter appeared right in front of me.  

I emptied my purple LOVA-C (extended mag and stability grip) in to him and he dropped like a sack of potatoes (all panic, no skill).  I then had to sit around for 1min 40s for the chopper to arrive twiddling my thumbs and sipping coffee...  :4_joy: .  Only 4 more hunters to kill to get that other mask....

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
My limited experience comes down to one thought,

CC ammo. Whether it shocks, blinds or cause fire. Terribly important. There are shock grenades but on the whole they are temporary. Ammo keeps on giving.

Esp. for solo. In a group, it depends.

RimBlock

This is a great thought.  I think I found some special ammo in Survival but that may make things much easier and can be loaded before firing the flare.

Will have to check next run.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Firecrest has fire bullets.

And running with Sentry (can't remember the weapon talent name) there's a weapon talent the blinds the target. Both work well on hunters.

Edit. Not for Survival of course

Who maybe @RimBlock @genedjr and son, plus myself might be on at the sametime during the Survival Shield. 

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Suspect it is gonna be busy which means less loot still around as more players are chasing for it.  Maybe better to wait a bit for the hoards to die down again.  Got lots of time to get the shield.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
I found doing a two phase on hard(solo) the best way to get hunters . I was using striker and had no issues putting them down. 

Cant go wrong with a flash bang 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements