• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

DX12

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Dammit. No more Division for me. My laptop can no longer launch Division. I changed the dx12 setting and only received a renderer fail message since then. Ubisoft support just sees my laptop files and says "sorry bro" 

Edit: tho I guess there ain't much of TD1 left to go anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Do you mean you enabled DX12 in the game settings? 

As for Div1's lifespan...damn... i dunno, its like 3 years of my life!!! Now we're expected to just move on? *cries* How am I meant to just leave NYC like that??!!

kinda feeling heartbroken, wonder what Ubisoft has planned for the server lifespan or potential updates for the future? 

Personally I'd hope for one more small free DLC ... just a small story exit to NYC...just so I can say goodbye.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
DX12 killed my game consistently.  Crash to desktop and was a major pain to troubleshoot.  

After turning it off everything ran stable again.

Running on a GTX1080TI so not a horsepower issue.

There is a config file which I believe you should be able to edit in order to disable DX12 and other graphics settings if you cannot get in to the game.  I posted details in the hardware help section here (something along the lines of getting the game out of windowed mode without crashing).  Should help get you back in the game if you have not resolved it yet.

We did get on the Intrepid though which I had been asking for for quite a while :).  Not quite how I remember it on the inside though.  Bit too 'Team fortress' for my liking  :5_smiley: .  Considering the amount of effort on the map everywhere else it was a bit of a let down for sure.

Advertisements