• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Die Hard Division Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mykil

I am a Die-Hard Division Fan. The One thing lacking that I see, is the inability to interact with most buildings. In the division, I loved when the new outback Dark Zone emerged with way more interaction with the Buildings, Climbing, exploring underground, I don’t see a lot of this here, it is kind of disappointing. I am hoping it will evolve over time to be the best game of all time. I am at Level 7 thus far in closed beta, and it really does rock. So much new material, a little hard to get a handle on a few new tricks, but still, awesome. Thanks Guys and Gals.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Welcome to the forums bud, this certainly is the place for die hard fans. I have to say I agree with everything you said. I'd love to see more to explore.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
I have only seen a little climbing and that was in the DZ on the intro mission but there are at least 3 underground manholes I have come across but they go nowhere due to the Beta restrictions.  There are a few metro stations so we may still get more underground areas.

I am also a little concerned, however, that half the map seems to be wide open monument / museum type places rather than the variety of shops, offices and homes we saw in TD1.  I expect the big buildings will be used for set pieces or specific missions but will probably be walled off from free roam meaning the map size for free roam and variety is likely to be less.

I love the upward mobility available in TD1 especially in the new DZ area but it is also great for Survival where you feel like you are actually exploring rather than just running up and down streets.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I have only seen a little climbing and that was in the DZ on the intro mission but there are at least 3 underground manholes I have come across but they go nowhere due to the Beta restrictions.  There are a few metro stations so we may still get more underground areas.

I am also a little concerned, however, that half the map seems to be wide open monument / museum type places rather than the variety of shops, offices and homes we saw in TD1.  I expect the big buildings will be used for set pieces or specific missions but will probably be walled off from free roam meaning the map size for free roam and variety is likely to be less.

I love the upward mobility available in TD1 especially in the new DZ area but it is also great for Survival where you feel like you are actually exploring rather than just running up and down streets.
Did you miss the manholes south of the White house then? Those sewers were very extensive and seemed to be quite confusing being split on three levels! 

I think I found more climbing points than most, they're there but seems they're not as obvious, some look "too high" to climb but let you, some don't have the blue tarp over them etc. 

Not many caribina rope access areas though, likewise ladders seemed short on supply. Climbing was with boxes or over vehicles etc mainly for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Found a manhole to the south of the White House but it went in to a out of bounds'area.  Maybe I missed another then.  Cool something else to explore 😊 👍.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Yeah, there are two which (I'm sure) were completely in the playable area. One entrance is on the south eastern side of the abandoned military base where you started for the beta. Careful though as if you push too far south east you activate a side mission (medical base) which is actually in the OOB area (though, I did complete it anyway by being able to find a spot I could snipe the enemies in the base from just outside the red line lol). 

The sewer system seems to wind all over, is split over three levels, has some good loot (at least one very scary ass boss!!) and some specific loot I think will become clear for its use when the main game is released, though I have found ONE spot in the main LZ where this same loot was located. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements