Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
Oh. daesu

The Division 2 - Character Build Progression

Registering and reaching 75 posts will remove ads

Well I guess I'm going to have to learn about the gear sets and try to get some, at level 14 I have a gun that suppose to hit with 3.3K but it takes 3 shots to down an enemy and they hit me 1 time and I'm dead. I don;t get how a level 8 rifle hitting 1.8k seems to be better than lev 13  3.3k weapon. Fun game anyway.

1 hour ago, tusler said:

Well I guess I'm going to have to learn about the gear sets and try to get some, at level 14 I have a gun that suppose to hit with 3.3K but it takes 3 shots to down an enemy and they hit me 1 time and I'm dead. I don;t get how a level 8 rifle hitting 1.8k seems to be better than lev 13  3.3k weapon. Fun game anyway.

In TD1 "rebalancing" was a common theme. I imagine this will be no different. 

4 hours ago, tusler said:

There's a good number of "hidden" variabes. In their purest form the Rifles (i.e. single shot) weapons have the best UI to understand what they do. Unfortunatley as you delve into automatic weapons it throws up consideration of the DPM showing is the maximum possible IF every round hits the same point on a target, IF the weapon is within optimal range...on top of that you get factors such as Critical hit chance & Crit hit damage which can change the in-game performance shot-by-shot. 

In your example, potentially the 3.3k DPM rifle is a DMR semi-auto, these generally have a shorter effective range (shown on the chart in the rifle spec), once you pass this range the damage output drops significantly over a dedicated (bolt action) rifle with a much longer effective range. 

Just to confuse the issue there's armour of course...which I believe mitigates some damage even when its destroyed, kind of like tank ablative armour does by slowing down the incoming round even as it breaks up. 

All that said!! Level 1-29, don't worry too much about all this and just grab the best of most, once you get past 20 you can start thinking about building kits to give you buffs that you like and building your skill score etc. 

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Manhattan underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Division Team.