• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

How are we all doing ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Well it has been a busy 2 days playing.

25 hours in, level 23, 67% complete on the main story.

Wasted a bit of time working out which missions were story missions after the skill points were all unlocked (no more yellow triangles on story missions).  Have finally unlocked recalibration which I will test tonight.

Fave weapons so far;

• C-TAR21 (AR) & MK17 (rifle) - yep same ammo :)
  • M14 Socom was nice but very limited ammo. 
  • MDR is also good but more Mk17's lying around so find myself using that most often.
Sill no P90 found yet.  I suspect items are level locked as the C-Tar only came later for me and I have been finding new ones fairly consistently after that point.

I am finding the story to be less than what it was in TD1 but part of that maybe the quality of the mini missions being a lot better and longer than in TD1.  They sort of take focus away from the main story line for me but I do like that they have more depth.

How is everyone else doing ?.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Well, I'm a Standard bod without too many hours. 😇

Yes, I must say, there isn't same story thread such as TD1. Though the LZ is designed to be end game. Trade-offs maybe.

When starting out from the BOO as a lv2, there's an underground just south of the White House. Plenty of keys and lv2 Green gear for the taking. Easy way to gear up for the initial missions and LZ romp. I didn't get any Hyenas keys, which would have been more meaningful at the start. That underground might have been the wrong area

Being a lv4, when it comes to favorite weapons, I'm still at the beggars can't be choosers phase.

My first skill was the chem launcher which in Release is healing.

My second skill is a risk. 😁 Firefly. Haven't taken it for a spin yet.

What's every one running with? Any favs or lemons?

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Back in the day, this type of thing with gear differences was common. Though it irked some people somewhat. 

Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-3-17-23-29-41.jpg

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I'm unbelievably happy about how this game has turned out for starters. 

Whilst the main story doesn't seem as engaging, the further I've got into it, the more echos and recordings I've found the more detailed its become. I feel more main story has been moved away from the missions and into these collectables. 

Also to note that the "story" itself doesn't really hit until end game with only hints in the collectables really. The main focus of LZ 1-30 life is .. life. An actual duty to protect the civilians and enhance their abilities to not only survive but thrive. I feel this is a nice touch as the first game, no matter what you did...there were always sorry civilian scavengers and you never felt like you're making an actual difference.

Friends are trying to boost me to level 30...I'm resisting... I want to absorb the LZ in my own time! I'm at level 27 and struggling with the skills shutdown/cooldown cycling issue so taking a break from really grinding until that's fixed. 

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Really want to grind after lvl 30.  Up to then you can just do the missions and it should tip you over.

Going between world tiers you have to grind a bit to get the min req for the Strongholds and moving in to a new WT makes you pretty squishy and ineffective until you gear up a bit.

I replayed the Island stronghold on challenging with randoms with a GS half way between the last WT and next and died so quickly multiple times.  It was taking multiple mags to down a gold, let alone the bosses.  I then did the Space admin mission on Gold with GS 447 with randoms and we rolled through it with me going down just a couple of times.  The equipment jump the power of your Agent massively with a small increment in GS sometimes.

@Oh. daesu Yep same old gear loot issues.  Big jumps (at WT4 in just over a week) and higher GS items with much worse stats than lower ones.  There is just two big an overlap and the lack of slow progression in favor of luck will jump you up to the top quickly just wears away the incentive to keep on grinding away for all but the most dedicated.

WT5 is dues soon with Tidal basin so we will see what that brings.

Oh and also a tip for those who have not seen it.  You need to upgrade your work bench to craft better gear.  It takes mats and cash to upgrade it but it is not automatic.  I only realised on WT3 and never used it as all the craftable gear was still blue level.  Upgrade is 'x' when using the bench on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements