• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Ubisoft failing again

Status
Not open for further replies.

akanimo

My hopes for division 2 were really high, i hoped ubisoft learned something from the mistakes with lack of content in divison 1 but i was mistaken. After less than a week there is no more progress to do. Next content is locked until who knows when. I can't imagine they thought that people were going to spend alot of time doing their repeatable street missions over and over? Dead game after less than a week, the disappointment is real.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
That’s unfortunate to hear. I mean, I haven’t been able to play for more than maybe an hour or two a day and I still feel like I’ve got a lot to do but I guess I didn’t really think about those who are playing long hours. So you’ve reached the peak already? 

akanimo

Yeah im done with everything, it is not much after you reach 30, only incredibly repetative missions for clan XP or specialization, which is pointless as well since it doesnt give you anything you need or want. The NPC AI is incredibly stupid as well, they get a waypoint as soon as they spawn and rush to it no matter what, it can be straight past your whole group just running in a straight line eating the bullets, worse than fighting zombies. I truly hoped they recognized the faults of the first game but this seems like a worse copy of it. I do like the details of the ruined city though, looks like genuin chaos.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Just out of interest, how many hours have you put in to the game so far in a week to get to where there is nothing of interest for you to do ?.

I probably have around 40 hours in it so far and am now working on finishing all the missions on challenging and hard.  I also have all 12 masks to get and the exotic weapons like the Chatterbox left to do.

I hear you as far as the grind goes for gear.  The dev team still have not learnt that jumping up gear scores in random large leaps just results in all but the min / maxers jumping up to the top GS pretty fast and then most of the loot drops from there onwards are trash.  To this end I can see the 'why bother' thoughts myself.

Stuff I still want to do before giving it a rest;

• Max out materials for post Tidal basin drop for crafting WT5 items
  • All Hunter masks
  • All exotics
  • All missions completed on challenging (about 4 done so far).
  • All missions done on hard (should be fairly easy now).
What rewards will I get for the last two... not much, maybe some materials and some mostly junk items but I know that I have been able to do it.

If you have done them it would be great if you could put together a post on how to get all the masks and exotics for the community here 👍.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Activities such as:

- Control Points

- Bounties

- Deck collecting

- Snitch & Trolly woman mission/bountys

- Dark Zone

- PvP gameplay

- Black Tusk missions

... ?? No "End Game" content? If someone expects a company to keep uploading new story missions less than a week after official launch I think their expectations of reality aren't quite right. 

quinch1199

Yeah im done with everything, it is not much after you reach 30, only incredibly repetative missions for clan XP or specialization, which is pointless as well since it doesnt give you anything you need or want. The NPC AI is incredibly stupid as well, they get a waypoint as soon as they spawn and rush to it no matter what, it can be straight past your whole group just running in a straight line eating the bullets, worse than fighting zombies. I truly hoped they recognized the faults of the first game but this seems like a worse copy of it. I do like the details of the ruined city though, looks like genuin chaos.
Sounds like all you're doing is repeating the same story missions. Why aren't you exploring the rest of the content or don't you know it exists?

C2L3W1

Director Of Chaos
Fresh out of witness protection, I happen to agree with OP. Not sure why Ubi would time gate the true end game, that being to fully level up your character to how you want to play the game moving forward. I havent touched the game since last Friday when I hit 449. Its pointless. Meanwhile, I'm playing other games and pushed this one off. Just not the greatest strategy IMO.

RimBlock

Stepping back a bit and based of the last State of the Game, seems their strategy is to iron out the current bugs before opening the WT5 gates and then having to deal with the current bugs (like the skill not working correctly) as well as all the new bugs found with people fully working to min-max.

Doesn't seem unreasonable.

Me... I am getting Hunter masks now.  4 obtained last night.  One location which spawns 4 Hunters at once is not working for me (the switch is not active).

WT5 is due pretty soon so I would imagine within 2-3 weeks and I, for one, am fine to let them work out the current issues in that time in order that my grinding will not be bug riddled (ok, maybe not as bug riddled) and so my looted gear will not be constantly 'adjusted' meaning that grinding was all for nothing.

quinch1199

My PoV.

I hit level 30 with a good handful of side missions, a main mission AND all the strongholds still to do. This left me in a difficult position, I was stuck in a limbo as ANY significant drops I got at level 30 would immediately be pretty invalid once I moved to tier 1 and started using Gear Score items...most drops in that period ended as a base 250GS.

I felt forced to move to Tier 1 at that point by completing the strongholds when my "want" was to just keep pushing through the open world. I felt a little like when I play Survival in Div 1. I don't want the Survival bit of the game mode to end!!! I want to keep scavenging for food, water, meds, I don't want to go into the DZ or fight hunters OR be extracted. 

Anyway, I hit tier 1 and the LZ is a completely new and different game! 

I think Massive/Ubisoft missed a beat here though. There is a cut scene, some minor dialogue BUT I really think the should have presented the switch over more significantly in the game. Much like the intro to the game when you start out, there was an opportunity for a nice, fully scripted intro to how the next phase of the game is set up.

It would have also been a fantastic opportunity to introduce a player to the change to Gear Score from level score, something that could have also been introduced as part of an intro micro-mission. 

Also...its clear I've played FAR TOO MANY robot revolt/world apocalyptic survival-crafting games as those quadroped ones FREAK ME OUT!! I was ok when taking the first few I saw out, in daytime, at distance, but the next one I bumped into was... at night...in the middle of a container park...FECK!!!

There's this mechanical monster slowly stalking me through these containers all I can hear is the "kerthunk-kerthunk-kerthunk" of its feet as it walks methodically towards me...

It was like a scene from a Terminator movie..*scared!*

Last edited by a moderator:

C2L3W1

Director Of Chaos
Stepping back a bit and based of the last State of the Game, seems their strategy is to iron out the current bugs before opening the WT5 gates and then having to deal with the current bugs (like the skill not working correctly) as well as all the new bugs found with people fully working to min-max.

Doesn't seem unreasonable.

Me... I am getting Hunter masks now.  4 obtained last night.  One location which spawns 4 Hunters at once is not working for me (the switch is not active).

WT5 is due pretty soon so I would imagine within 2-3 weeks and I, for one, am fine to let them work out the current issues in that time in order that my grinding will not be bug riddled (ok, maybe not as bug riddled) and so my looted gear will not be constantly 'adjusted' meaning that grinding was all for nothing.
My only problem with their argument as to why they time gated tier 5 is that the same bugs that they want to fix in tier 5, we've already played through in tiers 1-4. Same bugs that were in the alpha and beta. I mean, I've learned not to count on my turret to last more than .2123665412 of a second, or that my drone would drop me from my group. Their argument is understandable, but we all know that probably wasn't the real reason.

quinch1199

The turret (skill issue) wasn't apparent in the betas ... at ... all. It was identified and fixed in just over 48hrs, over a weekend no less. 

Not sure your argument of "same bugs in alpha and beta" is very valid if you're pointing to a bug that wasn't actually there during those testing phases. 

Maybe they've gated Tier 5 to try to encourage players to actually play more of the game? Learn the mechanics more, seek out the much harder to find bugs like the skill one that appeared. 

Yet all they get is complained that there's no "end game" and even complained at when they take the servers down to apply fixes...because somewhere in the world it was a Friday at a local peak time *sigh*

RimBlock

Agreed, I didn't see the skill but int he Alpha or either Beta, all of which I participated in.

Sure I would also like to move to WT5  and I firmly believe this issue of people banging on the gates to be let in is purely of their own making.  As stated a number of times, the gearing jumps are too fast so in just over a week I have done the game and moved up to WT4 with a GS of 449 of ok gear.  This is ridiculously fast.  I still firmly believe the moving up in gear should be in small continuous steps rather than in massive leaps.  We saw this issue in TD1 and nothing has changed for TD2 so there should be no surprise at the communities progress or impatience.

This was also another feedback point I made during the Alpha on the official forums for it.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
My hopes for division 2 were really high, i hoped ubisoft learned something from the mistakes with lack of content in division 1 but i was mistaken. After less than a week there is no more progress to do. Next content is locked until who knows when. I can't imagine they thought that people were going to spend a lot of time doing their repeatable street missions over and over? Dead game after less than a week, the disappointment is real.
My biggest disappointment in The Division 2 is the vendors we have to wait a week to get new equipment  like gear , weapons,& blueprints.  In The Division 1 we only waited no more than 24 hours to get new equipment. Why didn't Ubisoft do the same thing in The Division 2 ?? Another thing where are the vendors in the Safe Houses ?? Why aren't they there selling goods to us ??

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Fresh out of witness protection, I happen to agree with OP. Not sure why Ubi would time gate the true end game, that being to fully level up your character to how you want to play the game moving forward. I havent touched the game since last Friday when I hit 449. Its pointless. Meanwhile, I'm playing other games and pushed this one off. Just not the greatest strategy IMO.
Hey dude, been along time. Nice to see you back here.

genedjr

Community Elite
In The Division 1 we only waited no more than 24 hours to get new equipment.
not true, the vendor refresh is a week in both.  BUT - there were alot more vendors and each vendor had alot more stuff.

But at WT5, I have not seen anything at a vendor that I wanted.  The game drops are far and away better.

...gene

tusler

Hey Dev's

Not that I imagine will gazillions of people playing this that one guys plight would matter but...

I was having a lot of fun, even worked my way solo up to tier 4 but now things have changed  to the point as a solo player I cannot even take a control point. I died like 20 times trying all my different weapons and amour  to take a control point solo, it took me maybe 3 tries before today to take one, so I say thanks for the game I feel I got plenty out of it but it would seem now it has turned into a multiplayer only game if a person wants to really succeed.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
not true, the vendor refresh is a week in both.  BUT - there were alot more vendors and each vendor had alot more stuff.

But at WT5, I have not seen anything at a vendor that I wanted.  The game drops are far and away better.

...gene
Well it sure didn't feel like a week. I guest because the Safe Houses had a least one vendor in each Safe House & Dark Zone it might have felt like it was 24 hours. What I would like to see in the new DLC is more vendors added to the game with different weapons ,gear,blueprints,& even better mods added & sold like in The Division 1.

Prvt3Jok3r

Community Veteran
Well it sure didn't feel like a week. I guest because the Safe Houses had a least one vendor in each Safe House & Dark Zone it might have felt like it was 24 hours. What I would like to see in the new DLC is more vendors added to the game with different weapons ,gear,blueprints,& even better mods added & sold like in The Division 1.
I don't want to go back to that. It was no fun traveling all over the map each week to see what each vendor was carrying or watching a 10-minute video on YouTube to see the breakdown. I like fewer vendors and I like them all mostly in one place.

It would be nice if the vendors carried something worthwhile at GS 500 once in a while. Maybe we will eventually get a special vendor that sells the same exotic weapon for 2 years or something...

quinch1199

Remember GS500 doesn't mean "better", also that gear can be recalibrated to a far higher GS. One example I remember is a GS495 vest I had which I recalibrated and it ended up being GS515! 

As for multiple vendors, the two vendors in White House (from my experience) have the same. Then you have a vendor in each Settlement (two), plus a vendor in the open world (Cassie in Judicary Square?). 

Vendors in DZ as well but that's it. The "vendor" in Safe Houses aren't vendors but salvage stations ONLY so you can sell gear. That's it. 

Its only FOUR open world vendors, plus THREE in the DZ. 

Far less than Division 1.

genedjr

Community Elite
 One example I remember is a GS495 vest I had which I recalibrated and it ended up being GS515! 
Really? Wow!  My experiments allowed for a 15 point recalibration.  So 495 should cap out at 510.  What brand was that? 

...gene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements