• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What is your favorite old game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.SaTurN

Community Member
Just wondering what got you guys hooked. Also if you post what system it's for and how old you are. Guess mine and win my love for all eternity, Jimmy don't you dare guess.

MR Easy Guns

Community Member
It's hard to name just one. I'm 30 years old now  

NES - Hard to say how old I was.  Before kindergarten for sure.  I got lucky with an older brother.

Mario Bros 2

Legend of Zelda

SNES - 

Super Mario World

Mortal Kombat

Legend of Zelda: LttP

N64 - 

Goldeneye

Legend of Zelda: OoT

PC -

Starcraft

All of those games have heavily shaped my interests in gaming today. There are tons more but those are the ones that stand out as really solidifying me as a "gamer". 

MR Easy Guns

Community Member
Yeah I don't think I played Tekken for the first time almost until the PS2 came out.  Don't really know why, none of my friends were playing it either is probably a big reason. 

Speaking of PS games, I could probably add Resident Evil to the list. That was bar-none the scariest experience of my childhood. I loved it. 

DIR3_W0LF

Community Veteran
Legend of Zelda and Mario on the NES

Sonic on the Sega Megadrive (I believe the Megadrive was called differently in the US, not sure)

Final Fantasy and Resident Evil series on the various PS systems

pc - Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, World of Warcraft (pre cataclysm, after that it was done for me, still looking to get that fix somewhere)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Edit: Oh how could I forget, America's Army up until 2.8. Now that was a great shooter, I don't want to know how many hours I played it because I'll start to cry 

Last edited by a moderator:

EidolonFox

Community Member
Oh so many memories. 

The First Fallout is still a game I keep picking up and play. Though I have done that a metric fuckton of times by now. But I think it started for me with games like Command & conquer, Interstate 76' and Duke Nukem..

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Oh so many memories. 

The First Fallout is still a game I keep picking up and play. Though I have done that a metric fuckton of times by now. But I think it started for me with games like Command & conquer, Interstate 76' and Duke Nukem..
Ah Command & Conquer... so many good times.

Legend of Zelda and Mario on the NES
Im gonna play these, been way too long. 5 days too kill anyway.

Just wondering what got you guys hooked. Also if you post what system it's for and how old you are. Guess mine and win my love for all eternity, Jimmy don't you dare guess.
haha I could so easily guess

Dorian

Community Member
Adventure, Atari Pinball, Pitfall,  Aztec, Zork, Larry Bird and Dr. J One on One Basketball, Impossible mission, 

Mr.SaTurN

Community Member
pc - Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, World of Warcraft (pre cataclysm, after that it was done for me, still looking to get that fix somewhere)
Planescape Torment was pretty good I still haven't finished it only ended up getting around halfway through. Command and Conquer so many hours spent in red alert... Speaking of good old RTS's I see mention of Starcraft but anyone beat Warcraft 2? I spent about as many hours deforesting  worlds as I did building more Pylons.

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
What got me really hooked into PC Gaming was Call of Duty 4 back in 2012 or 2013. Mind you, game was made back in 2007. Loved the Pokemon games on the Game Boy Advanced and well as The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Favorite PS2 game has to be Gran Turismo 2. Wasn't the biggest fan of the Nintendo Wii.

I really need to emulate the old GBA games however. I enjoyed those so much.

sno pro23

Community Agent
Atari- Pitfall, Pole Position. NES- Ninja Gaiden, TMNT.  Genesis- NHL 92, SF2.  PS1- MGS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doehner

Halo CE with the massive controller and later Halo 2 discovering Xbox Live.

Star Wars: Rouge Squadron N64

Super Smash Bros (N64 and Meele)

Several James Bond games

Resident Evil 1 - 4

Kitten

Community Member
I grew up as an NES kid. We never had a SNES but we eventually got a PlayStation and an Xbox. I also had a Sega Game Gear and a Gameboy Color. I think most of my time was spent in Super Mario Bros. But when we started upgrading systems I did really like Legend of Dragoon, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro. I use to go over to my friends house to play Harvest Moon on her SNES. Pokemon Yellow on my Gameboy and I was wildly addicted to this Power Rangers game on my Game gear, lol.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
I grew up as an NES kid. We never had a SNES but we eventually got a PlayStation and an Xbox. I also had a Sega Game Gear and a Gameboy Color. I think most of my time was spent in Super Mario Bros. But when we started upgrading systems I did really like Legend of Dragoon, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro. I use to go over to my friends house to play Harvest Moon on her SNES. Pokemon Yellow on my Gameboy and I was wildly addicted to this Power Rangers game on my Game gear, lol.
I think I spent most of my childhood playing the red, blue and yellow version of pokemon, I remember it would be my bed time so I would go into the bathroom and sneak my gameboy in there and play haha... had to catch em all. Good times.

Mr.SaTurN

Community Member
Oh Harvest Moon was a great game, I remember  reading about it in a very old Nintendo Power Magazine I had forgotten about and wanting to play it. I couldn't seem to find it anywhere spent hours calling local places to see if they had it. I finally got a number to some game distributer somewhere far away and spent 75 bucks on buying it and having it shipped to me. Mostly my mom's money but hey I had 40 bucks saved up! Good times, and who didn't love Pokemon as a kid haha, Only wish I knew that Mew trick back in the day I'm sure I could have paid for my rare game habits selling mews on the playground. 

I think I spent most of my childhood playing the red, blue and yellow version of pokemon, I remember it would be my bed time so I would go into the bathroom and sneak my gameboy in there and play haha... had to catch em all. Good times.
Oh and what ever happened did you catch all of them? 

Mr.SaTurN

Community Member
You know damn well what happened... that brother of yours
Haha don't feel bad I did the same thing to one of my friends when he showed me Pokemon for the first time. I didn't know changing boxes saved the game.. Poor guy almost had them all too. 

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
I can't tell you how many hours I spent into Fire Red. (Which was the remake of it for the GBA) I would spend 4+ hours into that game in a sitting sometimes. I am sad to report I never catched them all. Was not even close.

It's a sad day for America right now.

Mr.SaTurN

Community Member
I can't tell you how many hours I spent into Fire Red. (Which was the remake of it for the GBA) I would spend 4+ hours into that game in a sitting sometimes. I am sad to report I never catched them all. Was not even close.

It's a sad day for America right now.
Don't worry bro as long as you caught at least some of them, the PokeGodz would be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements