• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

A compiled list of tips and tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldMrRogers

Members+
Some tips I’ve picked up off Reddit (I’m going to spoiler out the solution in case people want to discover things on their own):

• Snipers can be tough,
    you can get them to pull out a weaker secondary weapon if you rush them and get in close. This can be tough to do if there are other enemies about.

• You can get rid of the crying dude next to the crafting station
    by upgrading counseling on the medical wing.
    EDIT: Seeing reports on Reddit that this one's not true. He still shows up.
  • If you need extra space on your character or in your stash
    equip your weapon mods on your weapons. A weapon with mods only counts as one item in inventory.

• Don’t deconstruct purple items and weapons,
    there’s no purple crafting material. You’re better off selling them for credits and spend that on the Advanced Weapons Vendor.

• If the free preorder and Ubi Club items are taking up too much inventory space,
    you can just break them down. You won’t get crafting materials, but they will wind up back at the Reward Vendor.
    I'll add more as I find them.

(First post here, thanks for the great podcast / community. I was a regular listener of Guardian Radio and I'm happy that The Division has a similar high-quality podcast. Thanks!)
Edit 1:

These are from RiskyKill below:

-Hold start to go directly to your inventory

-tag targets with up on the D pad

-put a 5 second timer on a target by holding up on the D pad

-stop a piece of equipment early by holding in LB/L1 RB/R1 to shorten reset time

-complete all side missions in a sector to get a bonus from the JTF soldier in your safehouse

And more from me:

-For quick leveling work through each zone running the side missions and encounters. The story missions are tons of fun but take a long time to play through. The XP gains on the side missions and encounters are substantial. 

-Here's a list of what the enemy archetype icons represent.

-Straight from Reddit

Randomly figured this out last night and figured I would share it with you all. Normally, when you select incendiary or explosive ammo it starts a full reload and depending on your gun can take 2-5 seconds.

However, if you are already reloading, you can hit the hotkey for the special ammo and it does not cause a new reload as long as you hit the hotkey before the reload bar finishes.

This is very useful when fighting in the challenge missions where you WILL get rushed down hard by shotgunners. Every second counts.
-Keep in mind that you're carrying separate ammo for each weapon type. My team kept running out of ammo on a long boss fight, one of my teammates suggested we carry at least one weapon of each type. When we run out of, say, LMG ammo we can switch to an SMG and use that ammo.

-Crafting tip from Reddit:

Pro Tip: Since converting crafting materials is currently so time consuming, until they fix it you can use the following methods to speed things up a bit!

Xbox: Hold A + Continuously tap B

PS4: Hold X + Continuously tap O

PC: Hold Space + Continuously tap Esc

Still see a lot of people who are unaware of this in threads so I figured I'd make it a post by itself. Also as some additional device, I HIGHLY recommend converting your crafting materials every few levels for a minute when you go back to your Base Ops for whatever reason. It makes it a lot less punishing later on.
-If you've unlocked Canine Unit, keep in mind that some of the echos that show on the map aren't accessible till later in the game.

That's it, for now!

EDIT 2:

Here's a list of possible weapon perks.

And a list of possible armor perks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DuroNL

Community Member
Thanks for these, especially the last one really helpfull, cause i did not just want to toss them away, but they are taking up space :D

Bo3sman

Community Member
Thank you for the tip about the reward vendor item returns. And for that crying dude omg that guy is annoying! 

x Risky Kill

Community Agent
-Hold start to go directly to your inventory

-put a 5 second timer on a target by holding up on the D pad

-stop a piece of equipment early by holding in LB/L1 RB/R1 to shorten reset time

-complete all side missions in a sector to get a bonus from the JTF soldier in your safehouse

Kross_uk

Whaaaaaaaaaaat!? This is great!

This is the best article in this forum, really useful MrRogers - might I suggest, because the list on the OP is growing, to structure it a little bit, as in separating by categories, for example:

- Squad tactics
- Weapon and Mod crafting
- PvE tactics
- PvP tactics
- Map locations etc

And a quick one from me - when playing on DZ with a group of friends, if you want it to be known you're all together, make everyone use the same gear (ie Centurions set) and the other players will most likely keep their distance as they know you're together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements