Registering will remove ads
Callsign_Gloves

Firearms are awesome. Am I wrong?

I decided to make a post on firearms, to see how many of you are enthusiasts of them.

@g1nt3r was telling me a while back about building his AR. Which he now has as his avatar I see. Was that much of a nightmare G? Since your in California?

I know we have a few vets here as well, so you guys probably would fit well into this thread. :wink:

Let the enthusiasm commence!

"I will seek the mantel of leadership and stand prepared to uphold the Constitution and the American way of life."

Registering will remove ads

Yes! Great thread!

Well actually no it wasn't too bad, just had to buy the lower receiver which is the only part of the AR you register (so essentially that's considered a gun) and the rest of the parts were easy to get. One of the annoying things about owning an AR-15 in California though is the bullet button, which basically makes your firearm require a tool to release the magazine. Also the 10 round magazine limit.

• Upvote 1

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

Please read and follow the community guidelines.

"If this is what he wants and it's what

she wants, then why's there so much pain"

17 hours ago, g1nt3r said:

Yes! Great thread!

Well actually no it wasn't too bad, just had to buy the lower receiver which is the only part of the AR you register (so essentially that's considered a gun) and the rest of the parts were easy to get. One of the annoying things about owning an AR-15 in California though is the bullet button, which basically makes your firearm require a tool to release the magazine. Also the 10 round magazine limit.

The button seems the most annoying part of the whole ordeal. However, America fears firearms more then just about anything else.  New York doesn't allow rifles with pistol grips if I remember correctly.

Luckily, I'm in one of to more relaxed states, good old Ohio. I've lucked through our laws regarding firearms, and we almost have none compared to what you have to abide by over there. Here's a page on it actually: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Ohio

No state permit needed. Long guns you can literately show up to a seller, and buy one over the counter. As long as your 18, have no criminal records or severe mental disorders. Otherwise, you can take it home same day. You do need to have a license to conceal carry, and there are a few laws on storage of firearms, but it's just common sense really. Seems like a cake walk compared to California's or New York's though doesn't it? 

Edited by FM_HawKShoT
Whoops! Had to correct my grammer!

"I will seek the mantel of leadership and stand prepared to uphold the Constitution and the American way of life."

Although there isn't an outright ban in NYC, they do make you just through so many hoops, some of them pay gates, that it makes it a major discouragement to even start the process.

Whenever I visit my folks in Arizona, I feel the difference immediately. I can shoot IDPA matches there without any problems. Scottsdate Gun Club, I can rent whatever they have available and get some lane time. Sporting clays at an outdoor range. No issues. Here in NYC for example, the west site gun range performs a background check before you can rent one of their 22s rifles(a Ruger 10/22 if I remember correctly)...which by the way is the only firearm you can rent there without a license .

Let's not even talk about the ridiculous and totally arbitrary restrictions on the type and features of a firearm NY state will allow us lowly citizens to own.

/rant

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, VoodooHack said:

Although there isn't an outright ban in NYC, they do make you just through so many hoops, some of them pay gates, that it makes it a major discouragement to even start the process.

Whenever I visit my folks in Arizona, I feel the difference immediately. I can shoot IDPA matches there without any problems. Scottsdate Gun Club, I can rent whatever they have available and get some lane time. Sporting clays at an outdoor range. No issues. Here in NYC for example, the west site gun range performs a background check before you can rent one of their 22s rifles(a Ruger 10/22 if I remember correctly)...which by the way is the only firearm you can rent there without a license .

Let's not even talk about the ridiculous and totally arbitrary restrictions on the type and features of a firearm NY state will allow us lowly citizens to own.

/rant

That's why I feel New York is the worst place in the U.S for firearms. New York doesn't even allow shipment of things like airsoft guns into the state. Where in California they let you have them, but you need to put neon tape on things like the pistol grip.

I personally think the laws regarding firearms in California and New York are ridiculous. But once we teach people to be afraid of them, that is the product.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Vampiric ODST said:

Oh yeah...guns are awesome...

FB_IMG_1458196954083.jpg

Nice!

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

6 hours ago, Vampiric ODST said:

Oh yeah...guns are awesome...

FB_IMG_1458196954083.jpg

M249 SAW I presume?

3 hours ago, FM_HawKShoT said:

M249 SAW I presume?

Yep, that's the one

idcard.png

8b55cf0496d885d91f9391206e440641.jpg f3346b39aa8e68dbfc1d3cc9ab39091f.jpg

I put together a dropbox folder of some very, if I do say so myself, sexy firearms: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nkam29bm3yqyuip/AABZ2qBea2He_x7MjVKhOjxua?dl=0

Love the meme in there about the AK being forged by soviet elves.

19 minutes ago, FM_HawKShoT said:

I put together a dropbox folder of some very, if I do say so myself, sexy firearms: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nkam29bm3yqyuip/AABZ2qBea2He_x7MjVKhOjxua?dl=0

Love the meme in there about the AK being forged by soviet elves.

Hahaha that's great. I loved the one with the nes Nintendo guns. Brings back memories.

• Upvote 1

idcard.png

1 minute ago, Vampiric ODST said:

Hahaha that's great. I loved the one with the nes Nintendo guns. Brings back memories.

I want my own NES Glock. This guy should make more and sell them. I would totally buy one.

24 minutes ago, FM_HawKShoT said:

I want my own NES Glock. This guy should make more and sell them. I would totally buy one.

Lol it would be cool yes 

idcard.png

image.jpeg

here's a pic of my sexy ass AR-15, her name is Mila, after Mila Kunis.

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

Damn Neutron, she is one sexy girl. Love the keymod as well.

~HawKShoT

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2016 at 10:09 AM, FM_HawKShoT said:

Damn Neutron, she is one sexy girl. Love the keymod as well.

~HawKShoT

Thanks! I am quite pleased with her... holding her in my arms is like... I can't explain it.

• Upvote 1

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

I don't have any strong feelings for guns, though I'm versed in their operation and handling. I do like hunting though, but all I use is a Winchester Model 94 30-30. Something about an open hammer and lever action that makes it more fun....

• Upvote 3

my old AR-15 custom

2k for nothing, cant even shoot it here

madWPZq.jpg?1

• Upvote 2

MwNOB6E.png?1

On 4/21/2016 at 0:29 PM, Xeromaus said:

I don't have any strong feelings for guns, though I'm versed in their operation and handling. I do like hunting though, but all I use is a Winchester Model 94 30-30. Something about an open hammer and lever action that makes it more fun....

how/where did you make your banner/sig?

MwNOB6E.png?1

On April 21, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Xeromaus said:

Love the lever action 30-30's, solid firearm.

1 hour ago, Сделано Из Mеталла said:

my old AR-15 custom

madWPZq.jpg?1

Badass, where do you live that you can't fire it?

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

5 hours ago, g1nt3r said:

Love the lever action 30-30's, solid firearm.

Badass, where do you live that you can't fire it?

missouri, you have to mod them to be semi auto.

im sure there is some ranges, but id like to walk outside and use it.... i live in a forest for crying out loud.

d31186a8-6b81-4acd-b53b-e44ae977400d.1.1

MwNOB6E.png?1

16 hours ago, Сделано Из Mеталла said:

my old AR-15 custom

madWPZq.jpg?1

Holy crap! That is one beautiful AR. :17_heart_eyes:

9 hours ago, Сделано Из Mеталла said:

missouri, you have to mod them to be semi auto.

im sure there is some ranges, but id like to walk outside and use it.... i live in a forest for crying out loud.

d31186a8-6b81-4acd-b53b-e44ae977400d.1.1

Isn't there a license to for automatic weapon's? I know you can own automatic firearm's made before the 80's. But I'm not sure about any modern one's.

2 hours ago, FM_HawKShoT said:

Isn't there a license to for automatic weapon's? I know you can own automatic firearm's made before the 80's. But I'm not sure about any modern one's.

yeah to own not shoot it, i asked around.

in arkansas they let you walk around with a loaded AK no license but missouri is like permits papers and a wall of tape. i have to drive like 4 hours to go shoot.

im gonna have to sell it, its just i can't, still waiting for that one robber, just kidding :)

but for real, if you robbed me and i pulled that out, bet you would turn around and walk away right.

i know id be like fuck that, have a good day.

• Upvote 2

MwNOB6E.png?1

Oh it's fully automatic, yeah unfortunately civilians can't own fully automatics without going though tons of red tape.

ginterkalashnikov2.gif