• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Firearms are awesome. Am I wrong?

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
I decided to make a post on firearms, to see how many of you are enthusiasts of them.

@g1nt3r was telling me a while back about building his AR. Which he now has as his avatar I see. Was that much of a nightmare G? Since your in California?

I know we have a few vets here as well, so you guys probably would fit well into this thread. :wink:

Let the enthusiasm commence!

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Yes! Great thread!

Well actually no it wasn't too bad, just had to buy the lower receiver which is the only part of the AR you register (so essentially that's considered a gun) and the rest of the parts were easy to get. One of the annoying things about owning an AR-15 in California though is the bullet button, which basically makes your firearm require a tool to release the magazine. Also the 10 round magazine limit.

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Yes! Great thread!

Well actually no it wasn't too bad, just had to buy the lower receiver which is the only part of the AR you register (so essentially that's considered a gun) and the rest of the parts were easy to get. One of the annoying things about owning an AR-15 in California though is the bullet button, which basically makes your firearm require a tool to release the magazine. Also the 10 round magazine limit.
The button seems the most annoying part of the whole ordeal. However, America fears firearms more then just about anything else.  New York doesn't allow rifles with pistol grips if I remember correctly.

Luckily, I'm in one of to more relaxed states, good old Ohio. I've lucked through our laws regarding firearms, and we almost have none compared to what you have to abide by over there. Here's a page on it actually: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Ohio

No state permit needed. Long guns you can literately show up to a seller, and buy one over the counter. As long as your 18, have no criminal records or severe mental disorders. Otherwise, you can take it home same day. You do need to have a license to conceal carry, and there are a few laws on storage of firearms, but it's just common sense really. Seems like a cake walk compared to California's or New York's though doesn't it? 

Last edited by a moderator:

VoodooHack

Community Member
Although there isn't an outright ban in NYC, they do make you just through so many hoops, some of them pay gates, that it makes it a major discouragement to even start the process.

Whenever I visit my folks in Arizona, I feel the difference immediately. I can shoot IDPA matches there without any problems. Scottsdate Gun Club, I can rent whatever they have available and get some lane time. Sporting clays at an outdoor range. No issues. Here in NYC for example, the west site gun range performs a background check before you can rent one of their 22s rifles(a Ruger 10/22 if I remember correctly)...which by the way is the only firearm you can rent there without a license .

Let's not even talk about the ridiculous and totally arbitrary restrictions on the type and features of a firearm NY state will allow us lowly citizens to own.

/rant

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Although there isn't an outright ban in NYC, they do make you just through so many hoops, some of them pay gates, that it makes it a major discouragement to even start the process.

Whenever I visit my folks in Arizona, I feel the difference immediately. I can shoot IDPA matches there without any problems. Scottsdate Gun Club, I can rent whatever they have available and get some lane time. Sporting clays at an outdoor range. No issues. Here in NYC for example, the west site gun range performs a background check before you can rent one of their 22s rifles(a Ruger 10/22 if I remember correctly)...which by the way is the only firearm you can rent there without a license .

Let's not even talk about the ridiculous and totally arbitrary restrictions on the type and features of a firearm NY state will allow us lowly citizens to own.

/rant
That's why I feel New York is the worst place in the U.S for firearms. New York doesn't even allow shipment of things like airsoft guns into the state. Where in California they let you have them, but you need to put neon tape on things like the pistol grip.

I personally think the laws regarding firearms in California and New York are ridiculous. But once we teach people to be afraid of them, that is the product.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
I don't have any strong feelings for guns, though I'm versed in their operation and handling. I do like hunting though, but all I use is a Winchester Model 94 30-30. Something about an open hammer and lever action that makes it more fun....

MadeOfMetal

Community Veteran
my old AR-15 custom

2k for nothing, cant even shoot it here

madWPZq.jpg

MadeOfMetal

Community Veteran
I don't have any strong feelings for guns, though I'm versed in their operation and handling. I do like hunting though, but all I use is a Winchester Model 94 30-30. Something about an open hammer and lever action that makes it more fun....
how/where did you make your banner/sig?

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Love the lever action 30-30's, solid firearm.

my old AR-15 custom

2k for nothing, cant even shoot it here

Badass, where do you live that you can't fire it?

Advertisements