• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Activate on Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorch

I pulled the trigger at Amazon for the Gold edition for the PC, physical (boxed) product, not the download version.  Will I be able to use that key the disc comes with to activate my copy of the game on Steam?  I'm sure it will just push the uPlay launcher like it does for Far Cry 3 for example, but I will see it in my Steam inventory and feel better about it :)

This question is on Amazon, but the answer is unclear as it addresses the download version of the game:

What game key do I get this on? Steam or Uplay? 
Hello (amazon user, not me),
You'd receive a Uplay redeemable game key for The Division if you bought the PC Download Edition. 
This means you'll also need a Uplay account to install and play the game. 
Thanks for your question.
Ubisoft Support  MANUFACTURERhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...help?ie=UTF8&nodeId=14279681&pop-up=1  answered on November 9, 2015
Key Question on Amazon

Thanks all.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Looks like it would be only redeemable via uplay as it says you'll receive a uplay redeemable key. also did you get a beta key?

DIR3_W0LF

Community Veteran
You might be able to pull it off through steam by the "Add a non steam product" in your library and link that to the .exe in your install folder once you downloaded it through Uplay. Though I believe it'll just launch Uplay and you won't have the advantage of the Steam Overlay

Last edited by a moderator:

Striker

Community Member
I have added non steam games like company of heros from years ago from my old disc keys and it worked id definetly give that a shot on steam before uplay

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Wonder if we should add our steam versions too uplay... or will it automatically be added once we are able to launch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements